2014 Louie Roberts Action & Entertainment Award Winner - Richie Richeson

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA
The votes have been counted and recorded.

Congratulations to Richie Richeson, who led the voting throughout the event. A yearly contender for the award, Richeson is a well deserving recipient providing plenty of entertaining match-ups and sessions all week as he does every year. For winning the award, "Richie Rich" will get free tournament entry into the DCC as well as paid hotel room for the life of the event. His photo will join the other winners of this award on the Championship Banners hung high in the tournament hall at all future Derby City Classics! The Award Committee will be notifying Richeson's win (or he can call up Greg!).

Billy Thorpe and Brian White rounded out the top three in voting as both were in entertaining action all week as well. We hope to see more of them next year as well.

The Committee is happy to report that there were more votes this year than any other. Hopefully the trend continues in future years.

Additional consideration and honorable mentions go out to yearly contenders Danny Smith and Jason Kirkus.

As a final note for this year’s voting, the A&E Award Committee want to give a shout out to the often overlooked backers of the games as well, as much of the action and entertainment cannot go forward without them. In the future, the A&E Committee might consider a Backer Award. Stay tuned, sports fans.

Until Next Year, this is the Louie Roberts Action & Entertainment Committee!

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
2014 Louie Roberts Action & Entertainment Award Winner - Richie Richeson

In the past two years that I have been there, I will agree that Richie was always in the action room and always seemed to be matching up with someone. This makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Richie's public statement after winning:
http://www.azbilliards.com/news/sto...ts-award-winner-motor-city-richie-speaks-out/

Not too surprisingly, that's actually my photo, mistakenly watermarked as AZB, lol

Hello Pool Fans,
I am very happy and proud to have won the great award known as the Louie Roberts Action & Entertainment Award for 2014 at the Derby City Classic.

I want to send a super special thanks to Greg Sullivan and Diamond Billiards for making this tournament happen every year. I have not missed one and don't plan to ever miss one. And I greatly appreciate the prize that comes along with this award, you have no idea.

I also would like to thank all the fans for supporting me in the action room and those who also voted for me to win the award. I could not have done it without you all. I hoped you guys enjoyed watching as much as I enjoyed playing in all the matches this year, it was a BLAST.

Also, there's a few players I need to thank for much help along the way. I want to thank Bobby Hunter he was an inspiration to me when I was real young. Also Cornbread Red he was a big influence on me at a young age, thank you. Jack Cooney taught me how to move and thanks to Cliff Joyner for gambling with me hundreds of times over the years, that made me very strong. Also my boy Benny Conway, he taught me how to be fast and loose, I appreciate it.

Again, Thanks to everyone that has ever helped and supported me thru this journey, I appreciate it more then you know.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Richie will gamble. While there he beat Tony Fargo playing even up bank pool. Aint sure if it was full or short rack. (I would lean toward short rack)

Beard