Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > one pocket guy
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Conversation Between one pocket guy and androd
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. androd
    08-14-2017 10:51 AM
    androd
    I did not, Tall Jimmy played him, I remember. He might remember Jimmy, you don't play so many guy's 6'5" or 6'6"
  2. one pocket guy
    08-14-2017 08:14 AM
    one pocket guy
    Rodney I played some with Kinard yesterday and he was a cigar salesman. First in Louisville then back in Memphis. Do you remember playin him
  3. one pocket guy
    01-09-2017 06:15 PM
    one pocket guy
    Rodney thanks for the reply. I don't know if Kinard sold cigars before he got into poolroom business. He owned Funland I think, Cue City, Players then part owned High Pockets before selling to Tracy. From What I hear he was a giant killer in the 70s.
  4. androd
    01-09-2017 10:10 AM
    androd
    Todd this was 1968, was kinard a cigar salesman. Some fellow the had a cigar route and played well. South haven was all Richard Austin when we were there. Anyway I'm sure we did because the name is very familiar.
  5. one pocket guy
    01-09-2017 06:53 AM
    one pocket guy
    Hey Rodney I hope your feeling better. I just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed your last journal. I'm from West Memphis and my Mom is from Truman and Dad lived some of his young life in Marked Tree/Tyronza. I currently live about 15 minutes from Blackfish Lake.
    Was the store in Blackfish Walter Bowles place? I heard a lot of high gambling stories about that place. You mentioned Southaven. I play one hole there reguarlly. Did you ever play Rosie or Bill Rowsey Or Kinard? Well enough questions. I hope to read some more on this area if you so incline~T