X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite quote.

And I came up with it too!!

" you are too smart to learn"

I just think this fits a lot of wanna be pool players. I'm just here to try to help by the way!! John B.
    Click here to order the DVD
    Click here to order JB shirts

Originally posted by John Brumback View Post

I just think this fits a lot of wanna be pool players. I'm just here to try to help by the way!! John B.
    I know just what you mean, lol. Even at the local level. If you tell them something or show them something you get, "I knew that." Sure you did. The funny thing is though, and this is where you get them back -- closer to the truth is that even though you showed and explained something, because it is over their head, it goes in one ear and out the other and they walk away still not knowing, even though of course they think they know, lol People are only capable of learning what they are truly ready to learn.

BTW, I am not trying to be a snob here -- I hate to admit the same thing applies to me! I am certain I have been shown or told things that I was not ready for and now that maybe I might be, I sure wish I could ask again ...
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Quick story;
      I've played once a week for about 5 yrs with a cue maker friend.

When we started (I'm about 10/6 above his game) I'd say let me help you with that shot, you going at it wrong. I'd show him a better way, he'd say "that's not the way I shoot it." After the 3rd week I gave up.

The strange thing is he spends all his spare time watching pool, streams, video, what have you. He's a bona fide pool nut.

Too stubborn to learn.
      Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
      (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

My favorite quote.

One of my favorite quotes is ... "The Wise man is he who knows when to ask questions".
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
          "The Wise man is he who knows when to ask questions".
          What do you mean?

Comment

I think sometimes, for me at least, there were times I was taught something or shown something to help my game and I was sure there was something that I took away from it but at the end of the day if I didn't continually practice the shot or put myself in the situation to get out of it over and over, I most likely forgot it since it never got cemented into my skull

Comment

Don't you love it when someone asks you a question but then won't shut up long enough to hear you answer?

Comment

Originally posted by petie View Post
                Don't you love it when someone asks you a question but then won't shut up long enough to hear you answer?
                " you'll never learn anything while you're talking" Something along the lines of this?? JB

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                  Quick story;
                  I've played once a week for about 5 yrs with a cue maker friend.

When we started (I'm about 10/6 above his game) I'd say let me help you with that shot, you going at it wrong. I'd show him a better way, he'd say "that's not the way I shoot it." After the 3rd week I gave up.

The strange thing is he spends all his spare time watching pool, streams, video, what have you. He's a bona fide pool nut.

Too stubborn to learn.
                  Little buddy...he probably said it this away........"BUT" this is the way I... blah blah blah ........... The Skipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                    One of my favorite quotes is ... "The Wise man is he who knows when to ask questions".
                    I really like this!!! Good stuff!!,hey I still owe someone for some peppers JB

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                      I know just what you mean, lol. Even at the local level. If you tell them something or show them something you get, "I knew that." Sure you did. The funny thing is though, and this is where you get them back -- closer to the truth is that even though you showed and explained something, because it is over their head, it goes in one ear and out the other and they walk away still not knowing, even though of course they think they know, lol People are only capable of learning what they are truly ready to learn.

BTW, I am not trying to be a snob here -- I hate to admit the same thing applies to me! I am certain I have been shown or told things that I was not ready for and now that maybe I might be, I sure wish I could ask again ...
                      You can get a pass,Steve..haha JB

Comment

An old card guy told me this years ago:

'It's what you know after you know it all that counts'.

Comment

Scott Lee once commented after offering to help a fella with his game, "You can't teach someone that knows everything".

Pel
                          I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.

Comment

My favorite quote.

I really like this!!! Good stuff!!,hey I still owe someone for some peppers JB

They were a gift Champ. How did you like them?? 🌶🌶
                            Last edited by Mkbtank; 02-20-2016, 05:32 PM.
                            Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

When im asked if I can improve someone game...." You can't make ice cream out of horse shit" and " I can heal the sick but I can't raise the dead"

Comment

Working...
                              X