Learning to play Bank pool question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitey, Howdy;

"So by step, 1st. stand back to get the visual, 2nd. keep visual, 3rd. approach and lay cue across rail lined up on the shot, 4th. step into the shot."

Sounds like a plan. However, ... I don't go way back just about cue's length
    that way I can slide it into alignment as I do the rest of the steps.

"If it works, I'll make him up an index card listing the steps. "

Don't forget the "Arthur Murray Dance Studio" footy prints , .

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/danc...ns-4969344.jpg

Good Luck,

hank
    Last edited by hankh; 09-15-2019, 04:16 PM.
    Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...

Comment

• Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Went to practice some more today, one of the regulars walked by and asked
      why I was waving my elbow around while I was stroking. DHOOO, head-slap!!!
      Started keeping my elbow and arm close to the body and danged if the cue ball
      wasn't right where I wanted it to. . Worked on it for another 2 hours
      and that bit of the OB's going off to the Right became less an less an less.
      Now I need to keep that thought in the back of my mind till it becomes more
      automatic. I had been unintentionally trying to counter-act the "Chicken-wing"
      by compensating. Well, Tourney tomorrow 8-ball. Will be working on it before
      and most likely during it. Wish someone had mentioned it sooner.

hank

Ps. Banks were going in when I needed them for the most part, when I
      missed I'd set them back up till I'd make the shot 5 times. Then move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by hankh View Post
        Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Went to practice some more today, one of the regulars walked by and asked
        why I was waving my elbow around while I was stroking. DHOOO, head-slap!!!
        Started keeping my elbow and arm close to the body and danged if the cue ball
        wasn't right where I wanted it to. . Worked on it for another 2 hours
        and that bit of the OB's going off to the Right became less an less an less.
        Now I need to keep that thought in the back of my mind till it becomes more
        automatic. I had been unintentionally trying to counter-act the "Chicken-wing"
        by compensating. Well, Tourney tomorrow 8-ball. Will be working on it before
        and most likely during it. Wish someone had mentioned it sooner.

hank

Ps. Banks were going in when I needed them for the most part, when I
        missed I'd set them back up till I'd make the shot 5 times. Then move on.
        If the cue stick is close to / lightly touching your chest
        It might give you a reference and help the “ chicken wing”

Comment

• lll, Howdy;

Larry, tried, I don't flex like that plus it would require a whole new stance ta-boot.

Practiced with a few racks of rotation and I have the "check arm box" as last
          item before I turn the brain off (it's a lousy pool player anyway), and settle in
          for the shot. It was working pretty good. Outta 10 players I was the 4th best.
          Still have work to do.

Thanks for the reply. Keep those thoughts and suggestions comin' folks.
          They are all appreciated.

hank

Comment

• Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Been practicing, and playing the wee-bitty tourneys.
            I've not really been saying much as I had a Stent placed in one of my arteries
            the day after my last post. They kept me overnight and I'm doing better then I
            was before then. Just had to take it easy for about 7-10 days while the body
            adapts to the new equipment.
            I didn't avoid the tourneys, they are more fun then stress to me. There are only
            a few players there that have any kind of game. One is a Native American woman
            that used to play the tourneys at Gillie's in Houston awhile ago. She and I always
            have a good match-up. Just look each other in the eye, a nod that the game's on
            and it's what it's all about.

Anyway, practice, practice, practice ...

hank

Comment

• Originally posted by hankh View Post
              Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Been practicing, and playing the wee-bitty tourneys.
              I've not really been saying much as I had a Stent placed in one of my arteries
              the day after my last post. They kept me overnight and I'm doing better then I
              was before then. Just had to take it easy for about 7-10 days while the body
              adapts to the new equipment.
              I didn't avoid the tourneys, they are more fun then stress to me. There are only
              a few players there that have any kind of game. One is a Native American woman
              that used to play the tourneys at Gillie's in Houston awhile ago. She and I always
              have a good match-up. Just look each other in the eye, a nod that the game's on
              and it's what it's all about.

Anyway, practice, practice, practice ...

hank
              hank
              glad to hear the plumbing in your heart is open and flowing nicely now
              and you had no complications
              larry

Comment

• lll, Howdy;

, That makes 2 of us!

hank

Comment

Working...
                X