Learning to play Bank pool question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Hey fellas, hows it going? Stayed away fro the tables until today. Went in early,
    got some stroke work in before Tony showed up, then we did our 3 games of
    8-ball bank the 8. He's a tough old cuss. All 3 games down to the wire him 2, me 1.

Stroke was better, banks were still hit or miss. but the misses were closer. Thurs.
    being 9-ball day I'll be able to get in some more bank work before the tourney.
    Lookin' forward to it.

hank
    Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...

Comment

• thanks for the updates hank
      keep working on your game and keep having fun....

Comment

• lll, Howdy;

Thanks, I ordered John Brumback's DVD (1st. one), to see what he's got to offer.
        So, I'm just allowing the rest of the information marinate a while longer. JB's DVD
        should be here early next week. Let ya know what I think of it in a week or 2 as it
        will take a while to digest the info and see how it fits with the rest and me.
        This is fun. Lookin' forward to this ...

Oh yea, Today was 9-ball, came in 3rd. Position play was looking better, Banks were
        for the most part working. Small difficulties with the cross-sides. The angle was hiding
        and hard to find at times. Mostly with OB close in to the rail. Something I'll work on
        this coming Monday.

As always everyone's thoughts and suggestions are gratefully appreciated.

hank
        Last edited by hankh; 05-16-2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Howdy All;

Saturday I was doing well felt good and was sinking balls at a good pace. Banks
          were going in when I need them to and some just thumbed their nose at me
          letting me know I'm still human.

Today I went in for practice and to check-out somethings. Worked the twist drill
          for a few racks of balls, then 3 racks of rotation. Did well, with each. What I was
          wanting to check-out were the rail positions from Freddy's book the one's where
          you extend the rails and use the corresponding locations on the rails to work the
          magic ... Today I was looking and working the short rail to the side pocket. yea
          it's a bar box but I did measure the pockets and all pockets on both tables
          come in at 4.5" (don't think I'd mentioned that bit before). All-in-all I feel
          good about today's session it lasted almost 4 hours.

As always, thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

hank

Comment

• Howdy All;

Well, I'd ordered Jon Brumback's DVD (1st one), to see what he has to say.
            I'm impressed. Like his basic premise.
            No practice this past Monday, to much going on what with Memorial Day an all.
            Have 9-ball today and Tony won't be there so I'll give J B's method a try to see
            what happens.

As always, any thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

hank

Comment

• Howdy All;

Well, had a few hours to experiment with JB's method, I like it and it works, so
              far. I watched the whole thing just to see if the DVD was good all the way
              through, it was, so I just went and dove into the first section or 2.
              As with anything new it takes awhile to get used to it. Good thing the VFW only
              charges a quarter for each rack. Now I just need to do this more to seat
              the muscle memory with the visual memory then it can be like Ron Popeil, "set
              it and forget it", it will work on it's own ... as long as I do my part.

As always, all thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

hank

Comment

• Howdy All;

This past Monday was just workin' on the Cross-Corner and 1 rail in the Side
                according to John B. Hit'em like he says an in they go ... Got about 3 hours
                of that in then Tues.'s 8-ball was ... interesting. I got the 'Shiney' quarter for
                1st. one out.

Should be able to get an hour or 2 in before the 9-ball tomorrow. Figure I'll
                stick with the same and get them cemented in place before I move on to the
                next set-ups. ! maybe 2 at a time, slow an easy, no need to rush. Learn'em
                then cement'em. Go back and refresh every so often ...

As always any thoughts and/ or constructive criticism welcomed.

hank

Comment

• Hank, you are to be admired, for in the first place coming out and stating I need help, and for going out and getting the resources to get better, and sure enough John B. methods of banking works for you. Great to hear! Whitey

Comment

• Whitey, Howdy;

Thanks for that . Something learned from my Pop, He always said that if ya
                    have a question go ask an expert. So, I did. You and Larry have been a great
                    help to me so far and I hope it continues.

At times my mind gets a bit cluttered with information so I take braincations.
                    Those are the times when I marinate the info and see what raises to the top.
                    Today was one of those days, everything was coming up bones. Was hitting the
                    CB OK, just couldn't get the OB to go where I was aiming... Didn't intend it to be
                    a marination day just was.

Thanks again for all the help you've provided, wither or not you know it, you have.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

hank

Comment

• Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Marination process taking longer then expected ... must have ingested more
                      information then I thought.

Just so ya know I haven't given up. Still out here tryin'.

hank
                      Last edited by hankh; 06-20-2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hankh View Post
                        Whitey & lll, Howdy;

Marination process taking longer then expected ... must have ingested more
                        information then I thought.

Just so ya know I haven't given up. Still out here tryin'.

hank
                        Larry and I have conversed on how it is our pleasure to try and assist you in your endeavor to get better in banks, and the fact you really are working it, and responding back, makes it all the better for us! Whitey

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                          Larry and I have conversed on how it is our pleasure to try and assist you in your endeavor to get better in banks, and the fact you really are working it, and responding back, makes it all the better for us! Whitey
                          i could not have said it better.
                          keep working on your game hank and keep asking questions
                          we will try our best to help....

Comment

• Originally posted by lll View Post
                            i could not have said it better.
                            keep working on your game hank and keep asking questions
                            we will try our best to help....
                            I'd like to add that they do not come any better than Larry. Right from the get go when I joined he became a great member friend towards me, and has always been there for me when I needed it. He is the 'Cooler' and for me my double check before I go off the deep end, reeling me back in. Thanks 'Cooler' Larry!
                            Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 06-20-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                              I'd like to add that they do not come any better than Larry. Right from the get go when I joined he became a great member friend towards me, and has always been there for me when I needed it. He is the 'Cooler' and for me my double check before I go off the deep end, reeling me back in. Thanks 'Cooler' Larry!
                              aw shucks whitey .......
                              you are making me blush....
                              you give alot to the site and dont get enough appreciation .....
                              imho

Comment

• Originally posted by lll View Post
                                aw shucks whitey .......
                                you are making me blush....
                                you give alot to the site and dont get enough appreciation .....
                                imho
                                Well, I do not know if you like the nickname of 'Cooler' but I just deleted a post for I thought better of it, and was thinking of my cooler half, and that said delete it. Thanks 'Cooler', I appreciate it, and I am sure many other old head members do also! Whitey

Comment

Working...
                                X