4 rail OP bank!

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Whitey, Howdy;

:eek: Nice shot!!!
For some reason I get the feelin' that you and Bank shots are similar to a cat
chasin' a laser dot on the floor ... just can't resist watchin'em go hither-thither-and yon, :lol:lol:lol

hank

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Nice! I am impressed at how much it opened up on the last rail. I'll have to try this myself when I get to a table.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
usually you need humid conditions or a table that plays alittle short
or the bank tends to go long in my experience.
whitey your comments please
nice shot

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Whitey, VERY nice twice across plus 2 bank!

It looks like you put a little 9 or 8 O'clock English on the CB. Which caused the OB to have a little of the same English when it contacts the 1st and 2nd cushions. Then the OB takes off the 3rd rail with a little, reverse, by the time the OB gets to the 4th rail it's a rolling ball, and by the, 'system' it was perfectly struck!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
usually you need humid conditions or a table that plays alittle short
or the bank tends to go long in my experience.
whitey your comments please
nice shot
Larry, I am not sure how to respond, for I do not hit on any other tables, so I have not a clue how they bank. The humidity was approx. 50% at the time of the shot. I used a little natural english, but can be hit with center cb with same results, for after contacting the 3rd rail the natural english on the ob from contacting the previous two rails dissipates anyway.

Thanks guys for saying it was a nice shot! In playing banks it is important to control the cue ball and at times this is very needed, so then one can opt to do a double bank or multi-rail bank instead of a 1 rail bank. This can keep you from selling out, plus give you a chance to keep the run alive at the same time.
Hope you guys have success in trying this shot, thanks! Whitey

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Sng0cER3anRtYU5FYUZlMmlidnJ3d1dsdEhiaDNR

An alternative bank for the common two rail. Used to hold the cue ball down table. Or a little razzle -dazzle to show off to your buddies. Whitey

Whitey, I just now saw this post of yours, and guess what :confused:...

I posted up this same bank shot on this site 13 years ago :eek: :eek: :eek:...it's a very cool bank shot that I always show to students of mine...

Here's a link to that post - my pics of the shot that were included are long gone though...and damn, it was so long ago on this site that I posted it up, the guys that posted in the thread are also long gone - including my old pal 'Racetrack Phil' - RIP. ----->

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?p=6299#post6299

- Ghost

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Whitey, I just now saw this post of yours, and guess what :confused:...

I posted up this same bank shot on this site 13 years ago :eek: :eek: :eek:...it's a very cool bank shot that I always show to students of mine...

Here's a link to that post - my pics of the shot that were included are long gone though...and damn, it was so long ago on this site that I posted it up, the guys that posted in the thread are also long gone - including my old pal 'Racetrack Phil' - RIP. ----->

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?p=6299#post6299

- Ghost

Ghost, we are thinking exactly alike, 13 yrs apart. Banking a ball and keeping the cue ball near the head rail. I reviewed all of the comments and it is great that they are trying your shot! I see that most if not all were coming up short and selling out. As you can see I did not have that problem, and even could of hit it harder.

It was a great old thread and thanks for posting it. Sure wish the guys were still around!

Well now we have a video of your shot, and also thanks for your wwyd Ghost vs. John 29, Whitey

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Very nice shot Whitey and Ghost, I can remember giving up on this shot 45 years ago on most Brunswicks , although it did go on most bar tables, then seeing people make it all the time on Diamonds.
I probably just didn't play well enough to make it.
I had a terrible time going from Brunswicks to Diamonds banking, until one day it dawned on me that the correct object ball speed, was much more critical on Diamonds.
Once that nugget sunk in, It was just practice.
Still haven't gotten there yet on a lot of shots.