Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grady's Twist Bank!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8SVo2XC-1g

To continue with 'Twist Banks', here is Grady performing a magnificent twist bank.
    The balls are probably approx. 3/16" off the rail. You need a little bit off the rail so the cb can cut the ob. Whitey

That's a great shot that few of us ever even consider. Grady had million of them.

One thing he said about transfer of spin (collision induced spin)-- I believe Pat Johnson mentioned that the maximum amount of spin transfer with stun would be a half ball hit. I'm not positive about that. It's pretty easy to find out at the table.

~Doc

Comment

Whitey, Howdy;

John Brumback has that shot on both his DVDs. It's one of that messes
      with other folks's heads.

hank
      Striving for a less complicated life since 1949 ...

Comment

Tried that shot several times without much luck. I'm guessing the shot is more makeable on a Crown-- or on something other than a Diamond. I think Grady's tapes were all on Crowns. Haven't seen Brumback's version. He usually does play on a Diamond though.

~Doc

Comment

2 Rail Bank Shot

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
          Tried that shot several times without much luck. I'm guessing the shot is more makeable on a Crown-- or on something other than a Diamond. I think Grady's tapes were all on Crowns. Haven't seen Brumback's version. He usually does play on a Diamond though.

~Doc
          Doc, that table is Before the GC's, that table has drop leather pockets. My thiking, the rail noses might of been flatter on those earlier tables often found in bowling alleys around Chicago burbs. It would make sense that a flatter nose or rail surface, would be able to grab the spin more, especially with the old thick, nappy cloth before Simonis then add humidity and dirt.
          Bill Meacham
          WBT
          www.worldbilliardtour.com
          no link....

Comment

Howdy All;

Just checked the Brumback dvd, he's shooting on a GC. Copyright
            is 2011 for earliest of the 2.

hank

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DM6cUYyNjedVUCGH8 click on video to get sound and box to enlarge.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. I still used the stroke of slightly coming down on the cb to get the twist. So I am angled down on the cb w/ one tip below center and one tip of reverse.
              I cleared the far corner pocket by quite a bit, and believe I would of cleared a spotted ball at the 5 diamond if I had it placed. Whitey

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                https://photos.app.goo.gl/DM6cUYyNjedVUCGH8 click on video to get sound and box to enlarge.

I hope this is somewhat helpful. I still used the stroke of slightly coming down on the cb to get the twist. So I am angled down on the cb w/ one tip below center and one tip of reverse.
                I cleared the far corner pocket by quite a bit, and believe I would of cleared a spotted ball at the 5 diamond if I had it placed. Whitey
                Nice shot, bro. I'll try it your way...

Comment

Nice shot whitey
                  Thanks for taking the time to post and teach
                  I am learning a lot

Comment

A twist to Grady's twist!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jKepAofJhmUdeEoE7 click on video for sound & box to enlarge.

Wow! I got excited over this one. It made my day! Cooler, I am learning also!
                    Thanks guys for your comments and making this a good thread! Good luck! Whitey
                    Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 11-07-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Whitey, Howdy;

You always make it appear to be so easy.
                      Thanks for your efforts. I'm still struggling and
                      practicing, am making small progress. But,
                      progress is progress. Better some then none.

Thanks for these videos, they do help with understanding.

hank

Comment

Grady's Twist Bank!

Nice shot whitey!!! Shame nobody here exceptin’ us GOPHERS would shoot it!! 😂😂. Love it.
                        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Working...
                        X