bp1.jpg

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:
i never saw "the wedge" being played in bank pool
this was the layout after several safeties
its johns shot he leads 2-0
View attachment 3754

Yeah,I got that wedge move from my little buddy,Nick Varner.Doesn't happen often though.
I remember what I did but I'm not telling,haha.Would ya shoot or duck,that's the question.Tough match,I'll tell ya.John B.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
If I can pass the 8 ball I'm shooting this guy. :p I'm nor a squeezer. :D
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1

John Brumback

Verified Member
androd said:
If I can pass the 8 ball I'm shooting this guy. :p I'm nor a squeezer. :D
Rod.

I might have shot that too,but It looked like It was on the kiss to me.I did get tired of buntin and went all out and fired away and played shape too.lol John B.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
John Brumback said:
I might have shot that too,but It looked like It was on the kiss to me.

Yes, you're correct it's close. probably to close to shoot and leave the CB among'em if you do kiss, ;)
Rod.
PS. I'd probably not kiss it.;)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
John Brumback said:
I might have shot that too,but It looked like It was on the kiss to me.I did get tired of buntin and went all out and fired away and played shape too.lol John B.
With that clue, I'm thinking maybe you pinched this -- hit real firm with a touch of right english:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-08-30_07-10-56.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-08-30_07-10-56.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 0

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
cross and safe

cross and safe

With a 2 zip lead in balls I would cross the six ball with low ball, no english and bank it straight back, pulling the cue ball over to the left long rail and relative safety.

Beard

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
With that clue, I'm thinking maybe you pinched this -- hit real firm with a touch of right english:

Ding Ding,You win a free cigar! LOL Hey Larry,Where'd ya go? Well anyway,yes I shot the 6 In straight back and stuck there for the 8
cross corner or cross side.(I think cross corner)I didn't have to cross the 6... Like Steve
said..center cball with a hair of right,just a hair.John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
john i didnt have to say much
you were doing a fine job on your own without my help:)
but yes you did shoot it like steve said like this and proceeded to run out
bp2.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
8 cross corner then the 2

i really wanted to show this thread since i dont warch or play much banks:eek: :eek: to show the wedge
i was surprised to watch "the wedge" take shape as you guys traded safeties

we all know you can make some terrific banks:)
ill be posting some more scenes later

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:
8 cross corner then the 2

i really wanted to show this thread since i dont warch or play much banks:eek: :eek: to show the wedge
i was surprised to watch "the wedge" take shape as you guys traded safeties

we all know you can make some terrific banks:)
ill be posting some more scenes later

Hey Larry,that was kinda weired,how that happened.That Jon P. shoots so straight that I was scared to leave him anything.He can and will fire staright backs In real good.And he's not scared to shoot at em.I was playing about as tight as I ever had,In that match.Come to think of It,Larry that's the biggest or worst wedge (however you want to look at It)haha that I have ever had come up In a game of bankpool(short or full rack).But as soon as one poked his nose out I was ready fire too.I have alot of confidence on a straight back like that one for some reason.The TV table plays extra good down there also.
Thanks .John B.

John Brumback

Verified Member
androd said:
Yes, you're correct it's close. probably to close to shoot and leave the CB among'em if you do kiss, ;)
Rod.
PS. I'd probably not kiss it.;)

Maybe you are right.Maybe it had room and I just didn't look at that enough.
You are saying that you think you could have crossed It and not got the kiss?
You think the cball would have had time for the 2 to go over It? Is that what your trying to tell us? Or that you would just make darn sure you wouldn't kiss It? "I'd probably not kiss It"hmmmm, confusing yet Interesting.LOL
John B.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I would have used this opportunity to make him wet his pants with this shot. Dick around with bunting the balls too long makes John a dull boy:eek::eek::D

bp2.jpg

j/k... I would have shot John's shot:)

John Brumback

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
I would have used this opportunity to make him wet his pants with this shot. Dick around with bunting the balls too long makes John a dull boy:eek::eek::D

View attachment 3770

j/k... I would have shot John's shot:)

Do you ever pick your own shot? Just wondering big buddy.John B.
Ps: I thought about that 8.... JK
Speakin of that 8ball shot...I call that twisting the ball.It's weired
to much english and It won't take.It's really a center ball hit,uhh Red?
Are U making that now?That's a heck of a hit, If you are.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
The only right shot for the cash is to play safe from here:

View attachment 3772

Hey,I did that like 8 times In a row.That's how the balls got like that to begin with.( I really did)No really the shot was not that difficult.It was really just a straight back.
Speakin of cash,just so happens that match was worth about 40 k all together.lol some of the biggest I've ever had a chance to play for.All around and the banks win.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Brumback said:
Hey,I did that like 8 times In a row.That's how the balls got like that to begin with.( I really did)No really the shot was not that difficult.It was really just a straight back.
Speakin of cash,just so happens that match was worth about 40 k all together.lol some of the biggest I've ever had a chance to play for.All around and the banks win.John B.
I guess the shot just looks harder on T.V.:p . I'd play safe from there for my cash, 100 times in a row if necessary and so would some players who haven't responded in this thread yet:eek: .

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
I guess the shot just looks harder on T.V.:p . I'd play safe from there for my cash, 100 times in a row if necessary and so would some players who haven't responded in this thread yet:eek: .

Dennis

Well,I'll keep that In mine the next time I have to put some up.I was playing for some without putting any up.Guess that could make a difference,LOL
John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
John Brumback said:
Well,I'll keep that In mine the next time I have to put some up.I was playing for some without putting any up.Guess that could make a difference,LOL
John B.
John,

I don't really know how I'd play if I was being staked in a high-dollar game. By that I mean to say that I would not falter for the cash, never have & never will, but I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't change my game for anybody or anything. I wouldn't loosen up and I wouldn't tighten up, I think I'd play the same type game. The right shot is still the right shot and the wrong shot is still the wrong shot. It really doesn't change because of the wager or who made it.

Dennis

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
John Brumback said:
Do you ever pick your own shot? Just wondering big buddy.John B.
Ps: I thought about that 8.... JK
Speakin of that 8ball shot...I call that twisting the ball.It's weired
to much english and It won't take.It's really a center ball hit,uhh Red?
Are U making that now?That's a heck of a hit, If you are.

hey damnit.. there's not much to choose from here, I can't help it that you chose my shot:)

centerball hit? What's that? You mean you can make balls hitting the cueball in the center? hmmmm... actually I've been trying that lately.

I think I would have problems getting the cueball out of the way on that 8 ball. I suppose because the 8 is so close to the rail and because you gots to hit it hard, probably why it aint going to happen:D

I played a guy banks today that gives me 10-5 at onepocket and in a race to 3, he quit on me after I won the 1st game. He said I was too good. Called the game "gay".:eek: This guy is a nightmare to play onepocket (meaning it's very educational) because he is a master at leaving you always froze on top of balls. he's always moving something over on his side, protecting everything and you're shooting froze on top of a ball. He banks good and runs lots of balls, but the 1st time I ever see him play banks... he has a weakness.

But you get ole CaliRed with some balls out there to go to town on banking them in, and these strong onepocket players suddenly take notice. I made some sweet shots on him and he could see the writing on the wall I guess.

I just don't get why people don't enjoy banks. They do all kind of banking in onepocket, why wouldn't you welcome the chance to bank the crap out of everything and not worry about selling out the game. I hear crap like, "it's too slow" How the hell can it be too slow. I run up to the table, shoot a bank and boom! Its your turn.

I think "it's too slow" actually means "I hate it when I miss 6 bank shots in a row and I can't handle it, makes me look like a beginner":D