A Funny Thing Happened...

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Bygones...... or big ones.... err, whatever.

Sometimes I get a little ahead of myself and go to town on something, makes me feel alive ;). I have read a lot of your posts and I appreciate what you have to say most of the time. This just happened to be one of those instances where I thought you were being a little tough. My thoughts may be a little skewed because I know a lot of people in the pool world and have seen many people do many shady things many times (emphasis on many).

I didn't think the guy deserved a free pass by any means, it may have came off that way. I was just comparing his history (what I know of it) against who I traditionally think of as "treacherous" and he looked like a choirboy. He made himself look stupid and drew attention to himself and I believe that was enough to make him think twice before he tries to pull something slick (or not so slick) down the road.

Cheers,
KT

Yes, that's the way I feel also. I knew he was trying to cheat by his expressions and actions. Well to me trying to cheat is the exact same thing as cheating. The moment you try to cheat, you ARE cheating. Think about it. We also had an eye witness who 'heard the call' and then heard SVB admit his cheating openly, blaming it on frustrations or whatever. However I can remember when Morra (who I was pulling for) asked SVB if he was four railing, SVB said yea I was right away as soon as Morra asked. To me this was not as bad as having somebody smash their opponents knee ie Nancy Kerrigan, Tonya Harding, or breaking into an opponents car and stealing their belongings and cues or jarring. Those actions would require a little more punishment. SVB just screwed himself out of the tripple crown when he pulled that stunt. He still should have took that game and match. Now looking back on it, If I had ultimate power to make a ruling, I would have just awarded the whole match to Morra, but I would let it go at that, not take it quite as far as Dennis woould like. But I am much more liberal about pool games and such. I am not so liberal about violent crimes. You need to make the crime fit the punishments. I would consider the past of SVB also and the thousands of times he did the right thing. I have seen him let ball in hand fouls go by where he could have demanded ball in hand like with Alex, so you need to be liberal with pool players sometimes.....

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Yes, that's the way I feel also. I knew he was trying to cheat by his expressions and actions. Well to me trying to cheat is the exact same thing as cheating. The moment you try to cheat, you ARE cheating. Think about it. We also had an eye witness who 'heard the call' and then heard SVB admit his cheating openly, blaming it on frustrations or whatever. However I can remember when Morra (who I was pulling for) asked SVB if he was four railing, SVB said yea I was right away as soon as Morra asked. To me this was not as bad as having somebody smash their opponents knee ie Nancy Kerrigan, Tonya Harding, or breaking into an opponents car and stealing their belongings and cues or jarring. Those actions would require a little more punishment. SVB just screwed himself out of the tripple crown when he pulled that stunt. He still should have took that game and match. Now looking back on it, If I had ultimate power to make a ruling, I would have just awarded the whole match to Morra, but I would let it go at that, not take it quite as far as Dennis woould like. But I am much more liberal about pool games and such. I am not so liberal about violent crimes. You need to make the crime fit the punishments. I would consider the past of SVB also and the thousands of times he did the right thing. I have seen him let ball in hand fouls go by where he could have demanded ball in hand like with Alex, so you need to be liberal with pool players sometimes.....

I hereby call for Jimmy B's banishment from these forum's...:eek:..Unlike RBL, Hacker, and the entire city of Chicago, JB makes
way too much sense,
.. and it is too hard smash him into submission, as I constantly have to do with the other idiots. :rolleyes:

PS..If only his choice of music were a little better, I would vote for him staying..:frus

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I hereby call for Jimmy B's banishment from these forum's...:eek:..Unlike RBL, Hacker, and the entire city of Chicago, JB makes
way too much sense,
.. and it is too hard smash him into submission, as I constantly have to do with the other idiots. :rolleyes:

PS..If only his choice of music were a little better, I would vote for him staying..:frus

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfnW09qZa8s&feature=BFa&list=AVGxdCwVVULXdYgxxmZd0DCAjsqx2Tx2Yb&lf=list_related[/ame]

A little something to mellow out on......It's not the song, it's the accompanying video you guys hated. I can do some stuff from the old ogrish site or snuffxx. How about rotten.com. I saw a guy get his hand caught in a meat grinder the other day. Hey I know what. Some real life beheadings from the boys back east in beatiful hd with sound and everything. Blood trickles are part of the dope shooters ritual. Most love playing with blood after a while and they fall in love with the needles too. They should make all junkies go cold turkey and as soon as that deep dark depression comes on them, they should force them to watch constant gore and beheadings and such from some of these sites ie 'Clockwork Orange'. It could help them stay kicked. Wow. Talk about some gushers. No trickles there..You should watch junkies shoot into infected abscesses and in their private parts when they can't find a vein. It's touching. Maybe we can keep some pool players from getting hooked up. They have the tendencies you know.............

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
way too much sense,

Maybe you can put down your Yukon Jack long enough to respond to post #60, or are you a fraidy cat?:p

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Okey-Dokey, I will..:cool:

Dick,

Saying that SVB has "a greater abundance" of good qualities than the liars & cheaters & lowlifes that you've known in your life is not exactly a ringing endorsement of him. If I ever need a lawyer I hope he doesn't think like you.
All Lawyer's think like that,...about their clients !

P.S. Concerning your "theft" of a ball from RA...if you're just stealing one back that he stole from you it's O.K.:p
I'm so glad to have the approval of the "Cheat Police" (how did you get that job ?)..;)

One of these days I'll get around to telling the story of how Miami stole a ball from me back in the 80's and I waited about 15-18 years to get it back, and no, I didn't steal it back from him. That's why it was so sweet:)
Thanks, but save it for a day when I'm bored out of my skull..:rolleyes:

Dennis

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Okey-Dokey, I will..:cool:

Cowboy Dennis said:
Dick,

Saying that SVB has "a greater abundance" of good qualities than the liars & cheaters & lowlifes that you've known in your life is not exactly a ringing endorsement of him. If I ever need a lawyer I hope he doesn't think like you.
All Lawyer's think like that,...about their clients !
And all poolplayers think like that about other poolplayers.
P.S. Concerning your "theft" of a ball from RA...if you're just stealing one back that he stole from you it's O.K.
I'm so glad to have the approval of the "Cheat Police" (how did you get that job ?)..
While everybody was distracted watching Abbott try to match up with Costello I absconded with the position:eek:
One of these days I'll get around to telling the story of how Miami stole a ball from me back in the 80's and I waited about 15-18 years to get it back, and no, I didn't steal it back from him. That's why it was so sweet.
Thanks, but save it for a day when I'm bored out of my skull.
Like this morning at 12:49 a.m.? Then the requisite "edit" at 1:07
Dennis
Thanks for the reply, I know you had to put your YJ down for at least 8 minutes to type it up:D.

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ken_4fun said:
It isnt a spasm, it isnt a fart.

You nut huggers kill me.

He called 4 made it in 2 and tried to take credit for it.

You guys remind me of politicans, just say what it is (or was).

That is cheating, call it what it is. I am not saying he raped a 12 year old girl, I am saying he tried to cheat, got caught, lost a game.

Discussions of him being disqualified, barred, whatever. Im not saying what the should have happened.

But the AZ NUT HUGGER club is always in full force.

UGH

Ken

Finally, a voice in the All-Zaniness wilderness.

My hat's off to you Ken:) even though I wish you hadn't mentioned the girl:sorry.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Finally, a voice in the All-Zaniness wilderness.

My hat's off to you Ken:) even though I wish you hadn't mentioned the girl:sorry.

Dennis

Hey hey,Did ya hear my Idea i had over there about just calling every shot?
Uhh uhh,did ya hear? I don't think there ever would be a problem if EVERYONE
would call EVERY shot.I don't know if it's an ego thing or what.The top best bankpool players in the world that I grew up playing called each and every shot.Either with their cue or MOUTH!!! If you use your cue use It GOOD too. Don't just half ass it!!! Bank Pool could be the next best thing to ever happen to pool in a long time.Let's start playing the game right!!! Yes this shit burns my ass:frus Pass this along if you would.Thanks somebody.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Hey hey,Did ya hear my Idea i had over there about just calling every shot?
Uhh uhh,did ya hear? I don't think there ever would be a problem if EVERYONE
would call EVERY shot.I don't know if it's an ego thing or what.The top best bankpool players in the world that I grew up playing called each and every shot.Either with their cue or MOUTH!!! If you use your cue use It GOOD too. Don't just half ass it!!! Bank Pool could be the next best thing to ever happen to pool in a long time.Let's start playing the game right!!! Yes this shit burns my ass:frus Pass this along if you would.Thanks somebody.John B.

Dear "Jenna's Finest" Breath,

That's how I always played banks John. I learned from McCue early on that you call every shot & ball. We had a guy come to the room and he must've had about 50 "cousins" and I played every one of them. Each week he brought a different "cousin" up. These guys specialized in banks and they called everything properly, even on a straight-back they would say "to my right" or "to my left". That's the way I learned and it was the correct way. Using proper procedure eliminates so much trouble.

This really has nothing to do with SVB though, he flat-out cheated.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dear "Jenna's Finest" Breath,

That's how I always played banks John. I learned from McCue early on that you call every shot & ball. We had a guy come to the room and he must've had about 50 "cousins" and I played every one of them. Each week he brought a different "cousin" up. These guys specialized in banks and they called everything properly, even on a straight-back they would say "to my right" or "to my left". That's the way I learned and it was the correct way. Using proper procedure eliminates so much trouble.

This really has nothing to do with SVB though, he flat-out cheated.

Dennis

Oh yes this does have something to do with it!! If he would have called the shot like your supposed to we wouldn't be talking about this kind of stuff.
I'm trying to get a point across and i will keep trying and looking for posts like this so i can interject my 35 years of playing bank pool the right way! Playing with the best in the world too.

On top of that,you have made up your mind and stated your case,so there:lol

50 cousins that's so funny.Yes "back on the right" "straight back under me" "cross in the side" "one rail to my left" "4 rails in the corner" "2 rails in the corner" " 2 in the side" "3 in the corner" "3 in the side" "1 in the side" " 5 rails in the corner" That's real bank pool talk just for the one's that don't understand. Have a nice day everyone.Gone fishing.John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
On top of that,you have made up your mind and stated your case,so there:lol

Gone fishing.John B.

John,

I'm leaving open a %1 chance that what my eyes saw wasn't what really happened. One guy on A-Z has already said the ball SVB shot wasn't on the spot, the way I drew it up, and this guy says he replayed it in the booth 20 times. I guess he was on the cameras and should know so I'll leave a little leeway for the AccuSats DVD of it to settle it one way or the other.

Enjoy your fishing trip.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
John,

I'm leaving open a %1 chance that what my eyes saw wasn't what really happened. One guy on A-Z has already said the ball SVB shot wasn't on the spot, the way I drew it up, and this guy says he replayed it in the booth 20 times. I guess he was on the cameras and should know so I'll leave a little leeway for the AccuSats DVD of it to settle it one way or the other.

Enjoy your fishing trip.

Dennis

Yeah the way they are talking you might not even be able to tell,it sounds so confusing.For his sake..I hope he didn't do anything that will haunt him for a long time.That would be ugly.

PS: caught 8 good crappie and landed a 12lb blue catfish using 6lb test.Took me a while to get that one in.Going to fry them up tomorrow night.Might have a few cold ones with them and fried taters:lol John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
PS: caught 8 good crappie and landed a 12lb blue catfish using 6lb test.Took me a while to get that one in.Going to fry them up tomorrow night.Might have a few cold ones with them and fried taters:lol John B.

A 12 lb. fish with a 6 lb. line?:confused:. Are you from Chicago:p;)

That's the life John.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
At the D.C.C. Bank Finals (2nd finals), game 2, SVB was left this position by Johnny Morra and he needed one ball. I didn't see him call a pocket but he fired the two-railer in with speed and everyone applauded so I figured he had called it two-rails and I missed it.

He shook his head a little and took the 3 out of the pocket and looked like he was going to spot it up. Then it looked like he had an epiphany as he got near the footrail. He picked up the 6 & the cueball, or at least the 6 (as best as I can remember) and acted like he had played the 3 ball two-rails and thus won the game. The TD brought over the other balls and SVB started to rack for the next game.

Johnny Morra finally inquired as to which pocket Shane had called for the 3 as he apparently didn't know. The TD got involved now and the three of them talked for a couple of minutes. It was finally decided that SVB had called the 3 ball four-rails. Morra was awarded the game since SVB had disturbed the balls on the table.

Did anyone see this happen? It seems a clear case of cheating to me but why would SVB do that in front of an audience, cameras and a TD? The audience didn't know anything since they applauded when he made the 3. I must be missing something here but I don't know what.

svb0.jpg

This is the original thread I started after watching the Morra/SVB match live on PPV. I made it at 12:21 a.m. on Jan. 24 of this year. Anyone can see I did not have an agenda here, I thought something may have happened that I did not know about. I thought at first it was cheating but I really couldn't believe that SVB would do that on-camera so I asked in this thread if anyone else had seen it or had an explanation for it. That's the genesis of my interest in this match.

Understand this: If SVB had spotted the 3 ball after making it in the wrong pocket this thread would not have been posted by me.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
This is the original thread I started after watching the Morra/SVB match live on PPV. I made it at 12:21 a.m. on Jan. 24 of this year. Anyone can see I did not have an agenda here, I thought something may have happened that I did not know about. I thought at first it was cheating but I really couldn't believe that SVB would do that on-camera so I asked in this thread if anyone else had seen it or had an explanation for it. That's the genesis of my interest in this match.

Understand this: If SVB had spotted the 3 ball after making it in the wrong pocket this thread would not have been posted by me.

Dennis

Sir..you have been cleared of any wrong doing.Tap tap.This case is closed.Next.John B.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Sir..you have been cleared of any wrong doing.Tap tap.This case is closed.Next.John B.

Wait a minute. Wait just a damn minute. I think he might just have a hidden agenda. I don't know what it is, but he might still have one. Maybe we should discuss this thing some more. And then we can determine what to do with that desperado from South Dakota. I thought an agenda was like a schedule or some list of stuff to do. Like sometimes I will go to a county council meeting and the chairperson will say can we come to order? We have so much on the agenda including two open public hearings on the second reading of the proposed zoning changes and the so and so connector road. So I'm not really sure what an agenda is, but by golly he might still have one. Anyway I'm going to look at girls. Is it ok if you look at a girl that is 17 in a bathing suit. What if it's a thong? Should you go to jail if she is big and fat or only if she is fine. What if she appears to be like 25 from the back and you look too long and oops, you find out she is 17, but she has her two kids with her and you thought she was a little older. Should you be put to death for that or just go to jail for a few years? I want to know these things so I can be more PC up in this mlphkkr...

John Brumback

Verified Member
Wait a minute. Wait just a damn minute. I think he might just have a hidden agenda. I don't know what it is, but he might still have one. Maybe we should discuss this thing some more. And then we can determine what to do with that desperado from South Dakota. I thought an agenda was like a schedule or some list of stuff to do. Like sometimes I will go to a county council meeting and the chairperson will say can we come to order? We have so much on the agenda including two open public hearings on the second reading of the proposed zoning changes and the so and so connector road. So I'm not really sure what an agenda is, but by golly he might still have one. Anyway I'm going to look at girls. Is it ok if you look at a girl that is 17 in a bathing suit. What if it's a thong? Should you go to jail if she is big and fat or only if she is fine. What if she appears to be like 25 from the back and you look too long and oops, you find out she is 17, but she has her two kids with her and you thought she was a little older. Should you be put to death for that or just go to jail for a few years? I want to know these things so I can be more PC up in this mlphkkr...

Sir! If you don't show some pics you will be put on death row!:sorry :p
John B.