Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
    I guess I missed all that.I was there all day Sat. up untill that night.Did you say that before or after I was there? John B.
    john
    since things have been kind of mellow lately here.....
    and id never want to stir up any trouble....
    you can just pm me your answer to the question
    and it will be just between us.....

Comment

• freddy
      sometimes the youngins surpass the olduns...(not always...)
      but not until they get oldun enough to have the experience
      thats why WISDOM comes with age
      talent cant be taught
      wisdom and experience cant be taught either
      jmho
      icbw
      p.s. freddy knows and so does john they are in my great player respect what they say list
      as are many others who post regularly
      did not make a list so if i forgot anyone no feelers would be hurt
      Last edited by lll; 03-29-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lll View Post
        john
        Ok Larry,But first I have to go way back and look and see what the question was. John B.
        PS: I was just covering my tracks..so to speak
        Click here to order the DVD
        Click here to order JB shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by lll View Post
          john
          Larry,

Catfishbreath already gave his answer in post #59:

Originally posted by Catfishbreath

Well thanks guys.I didn't know I would ever be missed..Ok,no I'm not shooting the 9ball cross side.I would jack up and try to ease the cball back to the bottom rail with low left.Off the 8ball that is.Carry on good people.John B.
          RBL

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
            I guess I'm on "ignore" in at least two states.

Dennis
            I don't have you on ignore, but I have to admit it's an appealing option. So instead of ducking i'll still shoot at my hole, just have to shoot straighter. But i'm still not shooting the cross side bank on the 9 ball. I'm not that crazy.

Players that wouldn't shoot the cross side bank are, Gentile, Bryan Gregg, Truman, Brumback, and Dr. Bill. Players that would shoot the cross side bank are, the Beard and Evil Knievel. What about you?

Dr. Bill

Comment

• Originally posted by wincardona View Post
              I don't have you on ignore, but I have to admit it's an appealing option. So instead of ducking i'll still shoot at my hole, just have to shoot straighter. But i'm still not shooting the cross side bank on the 9 ball. I'm not that crazy.

Players that wouldn't shoot the cross side bank are, Gentile, Bryan Gregg, Truman, Brumback, and Dr. Bill. Players that would shoot the cross side bank are, the Beard and Evil Knievel. What about you?

Dr. Bill
              Put me on "ignore", I will never care. Any person I can cross off the list of people I feel a need to communicate with is fine with me. Anybody.

If you want to know what I would shoot it would be the same as Awful Knofull would've shot.

I posted my reply in post #117

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis
              I would've shot the same safety Truman shot and put PBank on the headrail.

Dennis

Now you know the rest of the story.

RBL

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                I guess I'm on "ignore" in at least two states.

Dennis
                Well "rustybeer"breath
                I agree with ya ole buddy.Truman shot a very strong safe off of that 9ball just like you said you would have done.Must have been a pretty good safe for Piggy to try to shoot that 8ball "through" those other balls.
                PS: I just went and read evry bit of all that again.You might be runnin low on shots or is your ole rusty PC still broke down.Which is it,"gangland" breath??
                And don't say you have to work every now and then. John B.
                Click here to order the DVD
                Click here to order JB shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
                  Well "rustybeer"breath

PS: I just went and read evry bit of all that again.You might be runnin low on shots or is your ole rusty PC still broke down.Which is it,"gangland" breath??
                  And don't say you have to work every now and then. John B.
                  Dear Catfishbreath,

The PC still ain't right. I can't use "emoticons" and I can't post "pics". It's running very slow, kind of like a Kentucky banker, I hope to get it fixed soon but no promises.

Dennis

Comment

• Portchester Mickey

Ive been wondering if anybody knew when Portchester Mickey died? Year and date? I know thats an awful strange question but I guy once told me he was him reincarnated and proceeded to get hit with lighting bolt through the ceiling of the building and then ran out the set on a 4 in diamond 9 fter in cincinatti ohio. Anyone know when Mickey died? Year and date

Comment

• This is from Sept 2009 BD.

"But the first 9-baller I ever heard draw that kind of lofty praise was far lower-profile, and by design. That would be New York’s late Mike Carpinello, better known to insiders as Mickey from Port Chester. Part of the reason Mickey had no reputation much beyond the East Coast is that, like any number of top guns of his era, he had virtually no regard for pool except to enable another, far more clandestine lifestyle. But he booked no losers, playing the most beautiful 9-ball anyone could remember. Even if it took a reasonably hard shot to get himself in line, he had nothing more challenging than two feet away thereafter. “Mickey,” asked his pal Freddy “The Beard” Bentivegna years ago, whilst stuffing his pockets with his share of yet another successful road trip, “Can you even play? I never see ya doin’ anything I couldn’t do in my first two weeks at pool. No bleep, now: are you any good?”

Just wondering if Freddie remembers this.

Pel
                      I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelican View Post
                        This is from Sept 2009 BD.

"But the first 9-baller I ever heard draw that kind of lofty praise was far lower-profile, and by design. That would be New York’s late Mike Carpinello, better known to insiders as Mickey from Port Chester. Part of the reason Mickey had no reputation much beyond the East Coast is that, like any number of top guns of his era, he had virtually no regard for pool except to enable another, far more clandestine lifestyle. But he booked no losers, playing the most beautiful 9-ball anyone could remember. Even if it took a reasonably hard shot to get himself in line, he had nothing more challenging than two feet away thereafter. “Mickey,” asked his pal Freddy “The Beard” Bentivegna years ago, whilst stuffing his pockets with his share of yet another successful road trip, “Can you even play? I never see ya doin’ anything I couldn’t do in my first two weeks at pool. No bleep, now: are you any good?”

Just wondering if Freddie remembers this.

Pel
                        That had to be George Fels that wrote that.
                        Lost track of when Mickey died. But it is at least 10 years ago. I hear from his daughter once in awhile.

Beard
                        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

Comment

Working...
                        X