Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Truman Hogue vs. "Piggy Bank" Rogers 2001 D.C.C.

    You see the score. It's Piggy's shot. What would you do?


    Click image for larger version

Name:	CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	403039

    Click image for larger version

Name:	CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	403040

  • #2
    Wow!

    It probably dont get no worse than this. Knowing Piggy he did not try to play safe. I mighta took a scratch here. Just touch the q ball.

    Otherwise rail first, very thinly off of the 3?, 7?... ball and hopefully go 3-4 rails back to the head rail.

    Beard

    Not kidding about taking a scratch.
    New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
    www.bankingwiththebeard.com

    Comment


    • #3
      tough spot.

      What would be wrong with shooting the 7 straight in and leaving the cue near the chalk on the near end rail. A tough shot for sure but there aren't a lot of good shots here.

      shw

      Comment


      • #4
        Not for a bank player

        Originally posted by shw View Post
        What would be wrong with shooting the 7 straight in and leaving the cue near the chalk on the near end rail. A tough shot for sure but there aren't a lot of good shots here.

        shw
        That shot and all its ramifications are not something you leave for a bank player. Bankers are familiar with and very comfortable with that cross side. Bankers are not afraid of that shot, and you would do well not to leave it.

        Beard
        New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
        www.bankingwiththebeard.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Is the one ball on the spot?
          "If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."---unknown

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cary View Post
            Is the one ball on the spot?
            Yeah I think Freddy overlooked that.
            Rod.
            P.S. Getting old is not for sissies.
            Rod.

            Rodney Stephens.
            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

            Comment


            • #7
              this must be crazy or someone would of mentioned it already
              do i get a front row seat at the circus??
              Click image for larger version

Name:	bb1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	385355

              Comment


              • #8
                To hell with it.. bank the 9 to the left and run out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I didnt overlook it

                  Originally posted by androd View Post
                  Yeah I think Freddy overlooked that.
                  Rod.
                  P.S. Getting old is not for sissies.
                  What I did do was realize how, while humanly possible, was an unreasonable choice. If you are going to try for something that difficult you might as well shoot the straight back.

                  Try and visualize all the horrible things that could happen if you dont hit the shot perfect, including perfect speed.

                  Beard
                  New stuff on my site. 100s of pgs. of pool goodness
                  www.bankingwiththebeard.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by shw View Post
                    What would be wrong with shooting the 7 straight in and leaving the cue near the chalk on the near end rail. A tough shot for sure but there aren't a lot of good shots here.

                    shw
                    Good eye.It's the only shot I see too.John B. Next
                    Click here to order the DVD
                    Click here to order JB shirts

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
                      Good eye.It's the only shot I see too.John B. Next
                      i know when you come late to the party noone beleives you
                      BUT
                      that was my first choice except i thought i might leave a cross side on the ball on the spot

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        are you kidding

                        As I was reading this thread (from the beginning) I said to myself, what's wrong with pocketing the 7 ball and dropping on the end rail? Looks like a good shot to me, especially in this situation.

                        And Freddie was willing to take a scratch, pleeeeeeez.

                        Dr. Bill

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fred bentivegna View Post
                          What I did do was realize how, while humanly possible, was an unreasonable choice. If you are going to try for something that difficult you might as well shoot the straight back.

                          Try and visualize all the horrible things that could happen if you dont hit the shot perfect, including perfect speed.

                          Beard
                          Fred, it's hard not to hit this shot with the perfect speed. This is actually a pretty easy shot to hit well. Any other shot would be uncivilized.

                          Dr. Bill

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                            Fred, it's hard not to hit this shot with the perfect speed. This is actually a pretty easy shot to hit well. Any other shot would be uncivilized.

                            Dr. Bill
                            Bill,

                            Although the 7 is what I'd be shooting too it ain't no hanger. You can wiggle it real easy and give up the game with a mickey-mouse cross-corner bank. Freddy's keenly aware of that. I'd be coming off the siderail I think and trying to make the 7.

                            Dennis

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                              Bill,

                              Although the 7 is what I'd be shooting too it ain't no hanger. You can wiggle it real easy and give up the game with a mickey-mouse cross-corner bank. Freddy's keenly aware of that. When shooting this shot the only thing you should be aware of is pocketing it. I'd be coming off the siderail I think and trying to make the 7.

                              Dennis
                              Either way is fine,but I still like going right at it.

                              There really isn't a better shot available, understanding this makes this shot play easier. Whenever you are confident that you're playing the correct shot, you usually hit it better.
                              Plus, any pool player worth his salt will make this shot every time.
                              Dr. Bill
                              Last edited by wincardona; 03-08-2012, 01:24 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X