Chronology Of A Cheater

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
in my experience, damn few of us live up to our own standards. Even fewer live up to the standards imposed by others.

Nobody can impose standards on anyone. You (or anyone else) live up to your own standards, or don't. It's got nothing to do with anyone else except you. SVB chose to live up to his standards, if you've got a problem with that why don't you mention it to him? See if he cares more than I do about what you think.

Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Nobody can impose standards on anyone. You (or anyone else) live up to your own standards, or don't. It's got nothing to do with anyone else except you. SVB chose to live up to his standards, if you've got a problem with that why don't you mention it to him? See if he cares more than I do about what you think.

Dennis

Another inane statement. Don't care if you care or not.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I wrote 6 statements. Which one was inane?

P.S. You obviously care what I think or you'd stop responding as if you were some type of moral guide to the world.

I don't know. I didn't read the others.
Hypocrisy has interested me ever since I discovered it in myself. BTW, if you think that others don't impose standards on you, try jaywalking in front of a cop.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I don't know. I didn't read the others.
Hypocrisy has interested me ever since I discovered it in myself. BTW, if you think that others don't impose standards on you, try jaywalking in front of a cop.

When a man is introspective or self-aware enough to discover such a character flaw within, one of the primary pitfalls is that he now thinks he has been granted a special ability to see it without, in all others, even when it's non-existent.

P.S. Jaywalking is a violation of a law. A law is not a standard that is self-imposed.

P.Ps. Your first sentence is a lie.

Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
When a man is introspective or self-aware enough to discover such a character flaw within, one of the primary pitfalls is that he now thinks he has been granted a special ability to see it without, in all others, even when it's non-existent.

P.S. Jaywalking is a violation of a law. A law is not a standard that is self-imposed.

P.Ps. Your first sentence is a lie.

Dennis

You are mistaken.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I do agree it was bad judgement on his part. It appears he was initially going to spot the ball, but the Crowd, JM and the TD all seemed to think he made a good shot, and he didn't go to rack the balls and take the win until JM and the TD grabbed the balls for him?

Countless times I've seen local players either make a bad hit, not get a rail, or some other form of a foul and immediately look at the opponent (who wasn't watching) then go sit down without saying anything like it was a good hit.

People make poor decisions and make mistakes, if this is the only incident that SVB's had against him, then I wouldn't ruin his reputation and career over it. If he tried to pull the same thing later, then I'd lose respect for him.

Since my first reply to you has been deleted I guess I should try a nicer approach.

1. Bad judgement is what you call intentionally cheating?

2. "It appears he was initially going to spot the ball". Then why didn't he?

3. The crowd was populated by mostly morons and the TD and JM brought the balls to the table only because SVB assured JM that he had indeed played the 3 ball 2 rails, which by the way, is the most ridiculously ignorant shot any Bank-Pool player would ever choose from there.

4. I ask you again, how many times would SVB have to cheat you for you to call him a cheater?

You are nothing more than an apologist for cheating poolplayers like so many others here.

Dennis

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I think it only fair to tell you that an over/under line has been set in regards to how many times you will reply in this thread. A C-Note has been wagered with a YJ besotted Southwestern ornithoid. Don't let me down.

what's in it for me? Not that I can be bought or anything. Just askin'.