Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PiggyBanks" vs. E. Strickland 2012 D.C.C.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
    When are you going to learn to read? I said:

    Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

    I did not say:I cannot make the pocket play bigger with inside english?

    They are two different things.

    I also never said: you should use draw to help hold a ball.

    Yes, I watched the DVD
    P.S. There are many shot selection threads in the one-pocket forum and it seems you never comment on them?

    If all you can do is write gibberish write it to Bille.

    Dennis
    Sorry ole buddy.Guess I can't read then. I thought for sure you were saying that I could not make the pocket play bigger with inside english.

    PS: I don't comment in the onepocket forum because I'm not a champion onepocket player,Only banks Sorry again for all the gibberish.Might have had one to many this evenin and I just misunderstood you Sir Peace bro or whatever.John B.
    Click here to order the DVD
    Click here to order JB shirts

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
      No...you didn't.

      Bille, I know about collisions between billiard balls and one thing you're neglecting to consider is that a ball in motion (cueball) possesses much energy and is only going to "bounce-back" a negligible, almost immeasureable amount for our discussion. You probably would never see it on a pooltable without a high-speed camera filming it.

      JB hit the shot with draw and won't admit it, that's all. No need for all the other comments to be made concerning elastic collisions, rebounding, bounce-back or anything else.

      Dennis
      Dennis and JB,

      The use of draw that has been the center of the conversation---> Are we talking at the point of contact between the cue ball and object ball or where the pool cue tip contacts the cue ball????

      It is entirely possible that you are both correct just talking about different points in time during the shot.

      In order to have a stun ball at the point of contact you would at a minimum have to hit slightly below center (draw) but you could have zero backspin (stun) on the ball when it contacts the object ball.

      I say he shot the shot with drun (draw+stun)

      Dudley

      Comment


      • #48
        Here is a super slo-mo of two pool balls of exact same weight colliding, using slow, medium, and fast speeds with no CB spin: ~Doc

        http://billiards.colostate.edu/high_...ew/HSVA-82.htm

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
          And because even if I did use draw YOU DON"T WANT TO OR NEED TO!!!!! The best way to make that shot is to stun the cball through the object ball!!
          No draw,draw WILL make the object ball go long,you do not want that.Why don't you Just addmit that your still hot about that time I got on your butt for you for telling some poor soul to shoot that shot with draw.You were wrong then and you are wrong now! Good day Sir! John B.
          Dearest CatfishBreath,

          I didn't really remember you "getting on my butt" for anything so I found the thread and my post. Here's what I wrote and here's the thread http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5768:

          Originally posted by Tennessee Joe6
          I don't shoot banks but like One Pocket. Some of the players talk about inside Engflish and pinching the bank. I always thought a level cue and center cue ball was the most accurate banking method. How often do good bankers use inside English/Pinch? When is it used?
          Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis
          Joe,

          Here is a very basic shot that illustrates the use of inside/pinch. Place the object ball one ball width off the rail at the diamond and put the cueball on the spot. You won't bank the ball cross-side without a touch of inside and maybe a little draw, all depending on your table.
          Of course, now that we can't see the WEI table anymore we don't know what layout I drew but I do think I erroneously showed the shot with more draw than I should have.

          Since you can read maybe you'll notice that I wrote "a touch of inside and MAYBE a little draw". I also wrote "depending on your table".

          Since you and your fanclubbers are such sticklers for being proved wrong I thought I'd show you something and ask you about it, as long as you can keep your ego in check and keep it friendly.

          Here are the two cross-side banks from your DVD. The 1st shot is the 3 ball and you use minimal draw and the 3 ball goes wide into the pocket.

          On the 2 ball bank you use much more draw and the 2 ball pulls up much shorter and hits the left side of the pocket.


          Click image for larger version

Name:	3 ball.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	385709

          Click image for larger version

Name:	cueball position after the 3 ball.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	385712

          Click image for larger version

Name:	2 ball.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	385710

          Click image for larger version

Name:	cueball position after the 2 ball.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	385711



          Wouldn't you expect the 2 ball to go wider since you used more draw on it? Shouldn't the 3 ball have pulled up shorter since you used less draw on it?

          Maybe, just maybe, I actually knew what I was talking about. Maybe it depends on your table? You think? Maybe it depends on several factors. Maybe I know what they are without actually having wrote them all in my post, you think? I was just trying to show a simple shot to someone trying to learn how to "pinch" a bank. I wasn't making a DVD.

          The point, CatfishBreath, is that I didn't write anything wrong in my post to Joe although I still think I showed the layout with more draw than I should have. Sorry for that error but I probably haven't set it up and shot it in 20 years. You on the other hand set it up for your DVD and shot it and pulled it up shorter with more draw than you did with less draw. Go figure.

          P.S. CatfishBreath, I am off till saturday night and have a case of beer and 3 bottles of Jenna's finest (12 yr. old).

          P.Ps. My original point to you in this thread, which you still have not addressed, was this: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

          Feel free to comment if you'd like and remember this; "all publicity is good publicity".

          RBL

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
            Dearest CatfishBreath,

            I didn't really remember you "getting on my butt" for anything so I found the thread and my post. Here's what I wrote and here's the thread http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5768:





            Of course, now that we can't see the WEI table anymore we don't know what layout I drew but I do think I erroneously showed the shot with more draw than I should have.

            Since you can read maybe you'll notice that I wrote "a touch of inside and MAYBE a little draw". I also wrote "depending on your table".

            Since you and your fanclubbers are such sticklers for being proved wrong I thought I'd show you something and ask you about it, as long as you can keep your ego in check and keep it friendly.

            Here are the two cross-side banks from your DVD. The 1st shot is the 3 ball and you use minimal draw and the 3 ball goes wide into the pocket.

            On the 2 ball bank you use much more draw and the 2 ball pulls up much shorter and hits the left side of the pocket.


            [ATTACH]6185[/ATTACH]

            [ATTACH]6189[/ATTACH]

            [ATTACH]6187[/ATTACH]

            [ATTACH]6188[/ATTACH]



            Wouldn't you expect the 2 ball to go wider since you used more draw on it? Shouldn't the 3 ball have pulled up shorter since you used less draw on it?

            Maybe, just maybe, I actually knew what I was talking about. Maybe it depends on your table? You think? Maybe it depends on several factors. Maybe I know what they are without actually having wrote them all in my post, you think? I was just trying to show a simple shot to someone trying to learn how to "pinch" a bank. I wasn't making a DVD.

            The point, CatfishBreath, is that I didn't write anything wrong in my post to Joe although I still think I showed the layout with more draw than I should have. Sorry for that error but I probably haven't set it up and shot it in 20 years. You on the other hand set it up for your DVD and shot it and pulled it up shorter with more draw than you did with less draw. Go figure.

            P.S. CatfishBreath, I am off till saturday night and have a case of beer and 3 bottles of Jenna's finest (12 yr. old).

            P.Ps. My original point to you in this thread, which you still have not addressed, was this: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

            Feel free to comment if you'd like and remember this; "all publicity is good publicity".

            RBL
            Hey my good ole buddy.I sure have missed ya I'm sorry for being a jerk every now and then.Your right again,I let my ego get to me sometimes Ok so that cross side can be made with a little draw even though I don't think that's the best way to hit though. I was just kidding when I made the comment about the balls bouncing off one another.I really don't know if they do or not.I tried to take a look at the vid Doc put up about the bouncy balls but I couldn't get the dern vid to come up.Maybe they do maybe they don't.I'm quite sure your right though with that fancy smart book you got.I got to go take a boat motor off right now (and have a couple cold ones) so I'm going to duck that question once again.Talk to ya later bud.When I get back you will get my answer.John B.
            Click here to order the DVD
            Click here to order JB shirts

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
              ...I was just kidding when I made the comment about the balls bouncing off one another.I really don't know if they do or not.I tried to take a look at the vid Doc put up about the bouncy balls but I couldn't get the dern vid to come up.Maybe they do maybe they don't...
              John-- Here's another copy of the video. Perhaps it will open for you now. Although the video was made to show whether there is any spin creation with center CB at slow, medium, and fast speeds, it actually shows what happens to the CB at contact as well. There is no "bounce-back" at either of the 3 speeds.

              http://billiards.colostate.edu/high_...ew/HSVA-82.htm

              If it won't open for you, just go to the billiards.colostate.edu site.

              ~Doc

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
                I got to go take a boat motor off right now (and have a couple cold ones) so I'm going to duck that question once again.Talk to ya later bud.When I get back you will get my answer.John B.
                I've also got to replace a boat motor John, one of mine threw a rod. Do you have any Rolls Royce dealers near you? Maybe I can get a deal

                Click image for larger version

Name:	CBD's Yacht.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	385717

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                  Dearest CatfishBreath,

                  I didn't really remember you "getting on my butt" for anything so I found the thread and my post. Here's what I wrote and here's the thread http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5768:





                  Of course, now that we can't see the WEI table anymore we don't know what layout I drew but I do think I erroneously showed the shot with more draw than I should have.

                  Since you can read maybe you'll notice that I wrote "a touch of inside and MAYBE a little draw". I also wrote "depending on your table".

                  Since you and your fanclubbers are such sticklers for being proved wrong I thought I'd show you something and ask you about it, as long as you can keep your ego in check and keep it friendly.

                  Here are the two cross-side banks from your DVD. The 1st shot is the 3 ball and you use minimal draw and the 3 ball goes wide into the pocket.

                  On the 2 ball bank you use much more draw and the 2 ball pulls up much shorter and hits the left side of the pocket.


                  [ATTACH]6185[/ATTACH]

                  [ATTACH]6189[/ATTACH]

                  [ATTACH]6187[/ATTACH]

                  [ATTACH]6188[/ATTACH]



                  Wouldn't you expect the 2 ball to go wider since you used more draw on it? Shouldn't the 3 ball have pulled up shorter since you used less draw on it?

                  Maybe, just maybe, I actually knew what I was talking about. Maybe it depends on your table? You think? Maybe it depends on several factors. Maybe I know what they are without actually having wrote them all in my post, you think? I was just trying to show a simple shot to someone trying to learn how to "pinch" a bank. I wasn't making a DVD.

                  The point, CatfishBreath, is that I didn't write anything wrong in my post to Joe although I still think I showed the layout with more draw than I should have. Sorry for that error but I probably haven't set it up and shot it in 20 years. You on the other hand set it up for your DVD and shot it and pulled it up shorter with more draw than you did with less draw. Go figure.

                  P.S. CatfishBreath, I am off till saturday night and have a case of beer and 3 bottles of Jenna's finest (12 yr. old).

                  P.Ps. My original point to you in this thread, which you still have not addressed, was this: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

                  Feel free to comment if you'd like and remember this; "all publicity is good publicity".

                  RBL
                  12 year old? Well then how old is mine

                  Yes Sir,I will try to keep my ego in check and keep it friendly from now on.It's gonna be hard though

                  Ok,Is that red line a statement or a question or a theroy or what in the hell does that mean.If it's a question,(oh thanks for seeing that I can read) IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.But,I can hold the shot with stun too.That's one way I make my pocket open up( for a lack of better words).I remember now...you hurt my damn feelers when you said you couldn't get passed the first shot in my dvd.That's when I imploded

                  PS: I really don't like arguing about shots that are on my dvd.I stand behind every shot that's on it,and will,till I go to the grave.Ya'll can go right a head though.
                  My brother has a Silver Shadow that's sitting in his driveway and has sunk halfway up on the wheels,it's been sitting there for so long.I was the last guy that drove it and parked it there too.Silver Shadow= Rolls Royce.Since you don't get out much,thought I would explain to you what that meant.haha
                  John B.
                  Click here to order the DVD
                  Click here to order JB shirts

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
                    12 year old? Well then how old is mine

                    Yes Sir,I will try to keep my ego in check and keep it friendly from now on.It's gonna be hard though

                    Ok,Is that red line a statement or a question or a theroy or what in the hell does that mean.If it's a question,(oh thanks for seeing that I can read) IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.But,I can hold the shot with stun too.That's one way I make my pocket open up( for a lack of better words).I remember now...you hurt my damn feelers when you said you couldn't get passed the first shot in my dvd.That's when I imploded

                    PS: I really don't like arguing about shots that are on my dvd.I stand behind every shot that's on it,and will,till I go to the grave.Ya'll can go right a head though.
                    My brother has a Silver Shadow that's sitting in his driveway and has sunk halfway up on the wheels,it's been sitting there for so long.I was the last guy that drove it and parked it there too.Does he also have a crankshaft from an old straight-8 out by the curb with his mailbox bolted to it?Silver Shadow= Rolls Royce.Since you don't get out much,thought I would explain to you what that meant.haha
                    John B.
                    CatfishBreath,

                    Thanks for the heads-up about the Rolls but I've known that since I was 8.

                    Class, this will be the topic of discussion for today;

                    My statement: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

                    Your statement: IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.

                    You can see the obvious contradiction in our views.

                    Let's take this one step at a time so I don't get confused. Are you saying to me that you think it's o.k. to use unneeded english on a bankshot? If so, why?

                    I'll be gone for the day and won't get back till late this evening or maybe afternoon. Think long and hard about your reply.

                    P.S. Yes, 12 yr old Jameson (that's whiskey JimmyB., not a girl), that crap I sent you was from 3 p.m. on the day it was sent.

                    The 12 yr. old has a metal container it's shipped in and it actually has a cork stopper! I'm sure you've heard the ole saying "he likes to pull a cork". I'm down to 2 bottles left now. At $45 per bottle I take it slow.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Jameson12.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	385728

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                      CatfishBreath,

                      Thanks for the heads-up about the Rolls but I've known that since I was 8.

                      Class, this will be the topic of discussion for today;

                      My statement: Idea & Theroy #1...Shooting a cross-side bank with inside english that doesn't NEED to be hit with inside english does not make the shot easier.

                      Your statement: IMO! yes I think that it helps to put a tad of inside on most any head on banks.IMO it does make the shot eaiser.

                      You can see the obvious contradiction in our views.

                      Let's take this one step at a time so I don't get confused. Are you saying to me that you think it's o.k. to use unneeded english on a bankshot? If so, why?

                      I'll be gone for the day and won't get back till late this evening or maybe afternoon. Think long and hard about your reply.

                      P.S. Yes, 12 yr old Jameson (that's whiskey JimmyB., not a girl), that crap I sent you was from 3 p.m. on the day it was sent.

                      The 12 yr. old has a metal container it's shipped in and it actually has a cork stopper! I'm sure you've heard the ole saying "he likes to pull a cork". I'm down to 2 bottles left now. At $45 per bottle I take it slow.
                      [ATTACH]6214[/ATTACH]
                      Eglish is a relative term,sir.I like to use just a tad.ie:meaning that it only takes maybe a 1/4 of a tip's worth from center to help hold a bank.I do like to hold every bank I shoot if I can.That helps me create the biggest pocket that I keep talking about. IMO it is needed to help hold a bank to make the pocket open up.So that means...is it needed or unneeded? So in closing, I will say that,yes I think It's perfectly ok to use a little english on a straight in bank.Hope you have or had a great day John B.

                      PS: well then, if mine's crap I'm going to knock it off this 4th of July weekend.I've been trying to save it.

                      PPS: I'll bet your the one guy that "could" get blood out of a turnip.jk jk jk
                      Can I ask you this question...? Are you trying to improve your bank pool game? I'm just curious.
                      Click here to order the DVD
                      Click here to order JB shirts

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
                        Eglish is a relative term,sir.I like to use just a tad.ie:meaning that it only takes maybe a 1/4 of a tip's worth from center to help hold a bank.I do like to hold every bank I shoot if I can.That helps me create the biggest pocket that I keep talking about. IMO it is needed to help hold a bank to make the pocket open up.So that means...is it needed or unneeded? So in closing, I will say that,yes I think It's perfectly ok to use a little english on a straight in bank.Hope you have or had a great day John B.

                        PS: well then, if mine's crap I'm going to knock it off this 4th of July weekend.I've been trying to save it.

                        PPS: I'll bet your the one guy that "could" get blood out of a turnip.jk jk jk
                        Can I ask you this question...? Are you trying to improve your bank pool game? I'm just curious.
                        Dear CatfishBreath,

                        I'm done with my work for today, I think I sweated about 5 lbs. off working in this heat. Heavy T-storms rolled through a little while ago and cooled everything off nicely though. I drank two Heinekens before I came home and they were very good. Haven't had one in a year.

                        Well then, that brings me to me next question then John. I'll put it in red so you don't overlook it.

                        Are we in agreement that the use of inside english (even 1/4 tip) makes the first-rail target smaller for the object ball?

                        P.S. My bank game doesn't need improving, I haven't played a serious game of Banks since the mid-80's when McCue went into semi-retirement. But I still know how to play and hit 'em o.k. when I practice. It's just the eyes that make me miss, the stroke & knowledge is still there. I actually ran a 7 last year but I was just practicing. I have no idea how a guy who misses shots because he hits the cueball in the wrong place could accidently run 7 banks but I did. I wouldn't want to bet on it happening again anytime soon though.

                        Dennis

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                          Dear CatfishBreath,

                          I'm done with my work for today, I think I sweated about 5 lbs. off working in this heat. Heavy T-storms rolled through a little while ago and cooled everything off nicely though. I drank two Heinekens before I came home and they were very good. Haven't had one in a year.

                          Well then, that brings me to me next question then John. I'll put it in red so you don't overlook it.

                          Are we in agreement that the use of inside english (even 1/4 tip) makes the first-rail target smaller for the object ball?

                          P.S. My bank game doesn't need improving, I haven't played a serious game of Banks since the mid-80's when McCue went into semi-retirement. But I still know how to play and hit 'em o.k. when I practice. It's just the eyes that make me miss, the stroke & knowledge is still there. I actually ran a 7 last year but I was just practicing. I have no idea how a guy who misses shots because he hits the cueball in the wrong place could accidently run 7 banks but I did. I wouldn't want to bet on it happening again anytime soon though.

                          Dennis
                          I like them Hineys every once in a while too! Bet you had a little buzz goin.They's alot stronger than them ole miller lites aint they? I've been drinkin ML's too lately.

                          Ok,I read your question 4 times at least and still can't figure it out.Why do you make your questions so hard? What do mean..It makes the target area smaller? Me no understand. JB
                          Click here to order the DVD
                          Click here to order JB shirts

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
                            Ok,I read your question 4 times at least and still can't figure it out.Why do you make your questions so hard? What do mean..It makes the target area smaller? Me no understand. JB
                            Dear CatfishBreath,

                            Schools out down there right? Find a 3rd grader hauling buckets of water from the creek, up the mountain to the shack and ask that kid what it means.

                            Seriously though, here's what it means John: Whenever you bank a ball you have a certain area on the rail that the object ball can hit and be pocketed. I'm asking you if we agree that that area is made smaller by the use of inside english(even 1/4 tip).

                            Dennis

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                              Dear CatfishBreath,

                              Schools out down there right? Find a 3rd grader hauling buckets of water from the creek, up the mountain to the shack and ask that kid what it means.

                              Seriously though, here's what it means John: Whenever you bank a ball you have a certain area on the rail that the object ball can hit and be pocketed. I'm asking you if we agree that that area is made smaller by the use of inside english(even 1/4 tip).

                              Dennis
                              Ohh,Okkk.Well then,no..I do not agree with you.It makes it bigger. With my method and of a touch of english (1/4 tip) I think my target area becomes bigger.I can hit the object ball in a pretty big area and make the bank.That's one reason my method of banking is so strong.You don't have to or need to be so precise(or see as good). You got anymore questions? I'll be back,got to go put a few coats of tung oil on my ole deer rifle stock.I'm refinishing it.30 06 ruger m77 had her for 30 years and she was old when I got her.Redfeild scope.I do love her too. Oh and it's raining here.Got a tenth so far. John B.
                              Click here to order the DVD
                              Click here to order JB shirts

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
                                Ohh,Okkk.Well then,no..I do not agree with you.It makes it bigger. John B.
                                And that ends this discussion.

                                Have fun with your rifle, it sounds like a nice one.

                                Dennis

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X