Daulton vs. Saez #2

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I believe he should look to protect his lead by playing off the 1 ball and then drop two cushions to the center of the top rail. If you notice the balls are positioned to where if a player gets a reasonable shot he can possibly run out, understanding the potential the position offers he should try to rearrange the balls and try to congest them, making the running of balls more difficult.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I believe he should look to protect his lead by playing off the 1 ball and then drop two cushions to the center of the top rail. If you notice the balls are positioned to where if a player gets a reasonable shot he can possibly run out, understanding the potential the position offers he should try to rearrange the balls and try to congest them, making the running of balls more difficult.

Dr. Bill

I'll be damned, I agree with you. Hey Freddy, I think the combination of me & you are finally getting through to Bill:D.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I'll be damned, I agree with you. Hey Freddy, I think the combination of me & you are finally getting through to Bill:D.

Dennis

I cant believe he finally came with the right shot.:)
Unlike the previous thread ( Daulton vs. R. Saez 2012 D.C.) where both of his options are stiffs, especially the 2 in the side. If he can control the speed of both balls on this shot I will move next door to SczBill.
The way it lays on the 6 ball looks like you will have to pocket the 6 in the side in order to get back down table. (I will post this reply in the correct thread also.)

Beard

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR

Dr. Bill

I thought about the 4-rail, but the 1 and 8 seem to be in the way. I like the idea of the 1, too, but I'd try to keep the CB towards the opposite corner as the rest of the balls. Even getting to the center of the rail could start giving them some better options to either fire straight back, or maybe cut a bank back towards the other corner.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Shannon attempted to bank the 1 straight-back. He made it two rails and scratched in the corner he's standing at.

View attachment 6442
Actually I like Shannon shooting this shot, especially since I saw how easily he drew the cue ball back. Another reason I like Shannon's choice is because he's left handed, he's able to reach the shot comfortably, not true with right handers.

Dr.Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Actually I like Shannon shooting this shot, especially since I saw how easily he drew the cue ball back. Another reason I like Shannon's choice is because he's left handed, he's able to reach the shot comfortably, not true with right handers.

Dr.Bill

He was able to draw the cueball back so well because he hit the bank much too full!:frus He would have had to cut the ball another 1/2 ball to actually make it.

Just find you a player you want to coach in a bank pool match in Tunica.;)
You can let him shoot these all day long. Whoever you pick better be very good a shooting 9 footers off the back rail.

Beard

That era of Billy starting to come around, as mentioned earlier by Dennis, is apparently over. Didnt last too long.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
On the overhead view, it didn't look to me like the shooter could cut the 1-ball to the right enough --without caroming the 8-ball-- in order to make the 1-ball straight back. But perhaps with Shannon's monster stroke he could have done it. As it happened he hit it too full-- either because that's as full as he could've hit it, or because that's as full as it could have been hit to avoid the carom.

On the other hand, a thin carom on the 8-ball wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. If it were me shooting, I'd have played safe thin off the 1-ball, and up table with the CB.

Doc

John Brumback

Verified Member
Perfect time to set the trap.Just thin off the one and put the cball down on the end rail.Tie the balls up at the same time.There in a trap and your going to get a shot the next time around.If something happens and you do leave some of kind of straight back,they might dog it cause of the big chance they will sell out when and if they shoot at smoething.More odds.Might even be a free shot.For me,It's all about getting the odds and % in my favor.John B.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
On the overhead view, it didn't look to me like the shooter could cut the 1-ball to the right enough --without caroming the 8-ball-- in order to make the 1-ball straight back. But perhaps with Shannon's monster stroke he could have done it. As it happened he hit it too full-- either because that's as full as he could've hit it, or because that's as full as it could have been hit to avoid the carom.

On the other hand, a thin carom on the 8-ball wouldn't have been the worst thing in the world. If it were me shooting, I'd have played safe thin off the 1-ball, and up table with the CB.

Doc

He used a wee bit of left to try to create the angle. Makes the bank a little tougher when you start fudging with widening the angle. Had he not scratched, the leave wouldn't have been all that great for his opponent, though.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
He was able to draw the cueball back so well because he hit the bank much too full!:frus He would have had to cut the ball another 1/2 ball to actually make it.

Just find you a player you want to coach in a bank pool match in Tunica.;)
You can let him shoot these all day long. Whoever you pick better be very good a shooting 9 footers off the back rail.

Beard

That era of Billy starting to come around, as mentioned earlier by Dennis, is apparently over. Didnt last too long.
I occasionally post in the bank pool forum because one, I play all games including bank pool, two, I enjoy playing any game where table management is important and thirdly, my private message box is usually full from members encouraging me to participate more in the bank pool forum.:) JK.JK

I've turned down offers to teach banks and one pocket at the rate of $1,000 per hr. (just don't have the time) The main reason I post on one pocket.org is because I truly like the people here and I know their learJK oning from my input, regardless of what the game is.:D JK on the square;) For what it's worth, choosing the wrong shots as your choice of options is not a crime, the Beard and the Ghost are now free to go.:lol If that's ok with you, Dennis.:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited: