Getting my Diamond table reworked.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
Glen H., the best pool table Mechanic in the US picked up my rails today from my 93 model Diamond professional pool table. When completed it will have the new upgraded arimuth rails with the new pocket openings like on the current smart table, and the pro-am table. It will have 4 1/2 inch pockets with new 860 simonis cloth. It is supposed to play identical to the smart table. Changing the angle of the rail rubber. Can't wait to get it back together.:)

pool101

Glen H., the best pool table Mechanic in the US picked up my rails today from my 93 model Diamond professional pool table. When completed it will have the new upgraded arimuth rails with the new pocket openings like on the current smart table, and the pro-am table. It will have 4 1/2 inch pockets with new 860 simonis cloth. It is supposed to play identical to the smart table. Changing the angle of the rail rubber. Can't wait to get it back together.:)

He is doing the same to mine in a few weeks (I hope). I just bought an older smart table myself.. Can't wait!!

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Glen made a stop by my Dad's place and set up his table.

Too bad I only get to play on it 1 or 2 times a year.

He's highly recommended by me. He does nice work.

Dudley

20130217_172631.jpg

NobodySpecial

Jim, I'm very interested in how things go. We have pretty much the same table (mine's from 2001) and I've been seriously thinking about having Glen work his magic on it.

Also, I passed you on I-265 the other day. You were driving your old Impala on Saturday, at the Grant Line Rd exit.

--
Dave

runarak

From
South West Ohio
Getting my Diamond table reworked.

Jim

I have the same table and would like the same done to mine. What is the cost to have this done? I'm really interested as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
Goes back together tomorrow.

Goes back together tomorrow.

Dave,
Mine goes back together tomorrow. He is changing the angle of the rails, made the pocket opening 4 1/2 inches down from 4 9/16ths. My table already had the upgraded rubber on it. Also changed the pocket opening to 141 degrees like the new smart table or pro-am table.

NobodySpecial

I talked to him last Summer about how he's changing the cushion angle to make them bank slightly longer. Made sense to me. I didn't know about the angle of the pocket openings.

So you're able to keep the same Artemis rubber? I'd thought that would have to be replaced. Keeping the same rubber should save a decent amount of money.

Next time I run into you at Bank Shot or wherever I'll talk to you more about this. I'm quite interested.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
rubber

rubber

not having to replace the rail cushions saved me 300 bucks My grandson and i played on it 3 hours this morning, it plays super good, Glen takes pride in his work and he spent a lot of time on my table making sure it would play perfect. He started at 10 am, yesterday morning, and didn't finish up until about 11 pm. I could not fault his work , absolutely level as far as i can tell.