Science Schmience: CB Follow/Draw for Banks

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I agree -- everything is relative, and the significance of cue tip contact variables on an object ball is definitely not an exception to that rule lol.

TOP 3C players have known about the techniques regarding the 'Proper' stroke for over 75 years. As I stated before, the tempo, timing and cue-tip speed are 'essential basics' for controlling the 3 balls. One word of caution about the stroke, for the stroke to be efficient and MOST effective, it MUST be, straight, 'horizontally' and 'vertically' thru the CB, before, at contact and after contact!

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
petie:
For those who think a millisecond is not enough time to matter, I would like to pose the case of the double rifle. Double rifles, not double barrel shotguns, have been used for centuries to hunt dangerous game such as Cape Buffalo, Elephant, Lion, etc. The theory is that you have at least 2 sure shots without the need to cycle an action for the second shot with the obvious extra time and risk of a round hanging up in the action. Well, these double rifles go through a tedious process call registering whereby the two barrels are tuned to the cartridge and load that will be fired in them. They must be registered for a single load because the recoil will make the bullet go off the target if it is not registered. How long is the bullet in the barrel? You do the math.
Steve:
I agree -- everything is relative, and the significance of cue tip contact variables on an object ball is definitely not an exception to that rule lol.
What "cue tip contact variables"?

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
for the stroke to be efficient and MOST effective, it MUST be, straight, 'horizontally' and 'vertically' thru the CB, before, at contact and after contact!
I agree in principle, but...

- "before" and "after" are only important because they affect the spot-angle-speed of the contact

- "during" is so short that we can't change it directly - only by changing "before" and "after"

I know, I know... these seem like merely semantic differences. But they can make a difference in your understanding of the dynamics, which can make a difference in your performance (and the length of your learning curve).

pj
chgo