W.O.P. Prices Going Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.O.P. Prices Going Up

This is the very definition of "overly optimistic". It's a current ad on Amazon.

It's odd that the 1st book is for sale from Nevada.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WOP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	403102

Uh oh. He found another case of books in the crawlspace. What the hell was ER doing fooling around in the crawlspace anyway?? Oh wait I know.. here we go

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBZZG9rmrk[/ame]
    "Born Into This"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
      Uh oh. He found another case of books in the crawlspace. What the hell was ER doing fooling around in the crawlspace anyway?? Oh wait I know.. here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBZZG9rmrk
      Jimmy, you're breaking me, every time I listen to one of your finds in singers I go out and buy their CD. But your taste in music is second to none. Peace brother.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Yep, he found another case alright and I think he's being coached too. He's playing "mistake free" now. Look at the prices for the two books from Nevada.

P.S. This is from today on Amazon. This is for Winning One Pocket.

Name:	wop.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	385875

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
          Yep, he found another case alright and I think he's being coached too. He's playing "mistake free" now. Look at the prices for the two books from Nevada.

P.S. This is from today on Amazon. This is for Winning One Pocket.

[ATTACH]6444[/ATTACH]
          ) Now I guess my asking price of $700 wasn't all that bad, (new books, never viewed) but of course that was then.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
            ) Now I guess my asking price of $700 wasn't all that bad, (new books, never viewed) but of course that was then.

Dr. Bill
            Yep, that was then. The reason I looked at the prices on Amazon was because I was thinking of putting up a set of all 4 Eddie Robin books and was trying to get a general idea of the going prices. It'll be interesting to see if "OnCue" out of Nevada gets his price. $750 for a damaged WOP?. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Name:	er's wop.jpg
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	385898

Comment

Humor me...what is the 4th book?

Winning One Pocket

Shots, Moves,...

Position Play in 3-C

?????????????????

I have the 3 listed above in great shape and have resisted selliing them, but if they sell for anywhere remotely close to these Amazon prices, they're getting overnighted the minute I get the loot.

Comment

Originally posted by BUD GREEN View Post
                Humor me...what is the 4th book?

Winning One Pocket

Shots, Moves,...

Position Play in 3-C

?????????????????

I have the 3 listed above in great shape and have resisted selliing them, but if they sell for anywhere remotely close to these Amazon prices, they're getting overnighted the minute I get the loot.
                WOP has two editions.

Dennis

Comment

I purchased both books new about 16 years ago at the US Open One Pocket Tournament in Kalamazoo Mi.

I studied them for a few years and put them away after I sold the Szamboti. No idea where I left them, but I'm sure they're in a box somewhere long gone after one of my many moves across the country...... This thread makes me
                  "Money is for Poor People"

Comment

I sure hope that Germany gets his price. Maybe I can retire early

Name:	WOP.jpg
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	385970

Comment

Me too.

How about the 3.99 shipping listed next to that price? Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron871 View Post
                        I purchased both books new about 16 years ago at the US Open One Pocket Tournament in Kalamazoo Mi.

I studied them for a few years and put them away after I sold the Szamboti. No idea where I left them, but I'm sure they're in a box somewhere long gone after one of my many moves across the country...... This thread makes me
                        See if you can find them. We might deal
                        "Born Into This"

Comment

See if you can find them. We might deal
                          Better hurry JB, the price is rising.

Name:	Amazon.com Used and New Winning One-Pocket...jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	386035

Comment

So what would a First edition WOP with correction sheets, in very good (all intact but obviously read many times) condition be worth on the open market today. (or what should it be worth IYHO)

and what could i expect to pay for a used SMS.

Thx, WN
                            "In 1964 we made a pact........I dont sing no songs and he dont play no pool"...Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by WillieNilly View Post
                              So what would a First edition WOP with correction sheets, in very good (all intact but obviously read many times) condition be worth on the open market today. (or what should it be worth IYHO)

and what could i expect to pay for a used SMS.

Thx, WN
                              The WOP prices seem to be up in the air ever since "OnCue" out of Nevada got in the game. I think "OnCue" is a onepocket.org member and he's being advised by another onepocket.org member. Witness the two misspelled words in one ad. That's a sure sign. I wouldn't go over $300-$350 and then only if I wanted it badly.

Name:	wop.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	386085

No need to buy a used copy of S,M,& S, there is a new one for sale for $200 (today) on Amazon. That is reasonable and if I didn't have 7 of them (4 new) I would snatch it up. I still might.

Name:	sms.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	386086

No collection would be complete without ER's 3-Cushion book and there are two for sale today also on Amazon. These books usually go fast from what I've seen and they command the $350 prices.

Name:	3C.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	386087

Anyway, just my opinion but I wouldn't pay more than $200 for a new S,M,& S as long as they are for sale for $200. I wouldn't pay more than $350 for a WOP in good shape if I wanted it. I already have the 3-Cushion book so I don't want it but I wouldn't go over $350 or so for it.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
                              X