Kinister's Tapes?

RileysDad

Verified Member
Anyone got thoughts on Kinister's Tapes. I just got pretty complete lot and wand opinions please?

akbushman51

Verified Member
Kinister Tapes

Kinister Tapes

Rileys Dad- I have quite a few on 1 pocket, they're not bad. He does go into a little theory, some tactics. On the whole though I prefer Jopling's tapes.

bells

From
joe thomas country.........
tapes

tapes

RileysDad said:
Anyone got thoughts on Kinister's Tapes. I just got pretty complete lot and wand opinions please?
I have seen the series with DON " PREECHER" Fenny. Tose tapes were ok, nothing special. Kinester has so many tapes out ..........how could you find time to watch them all?

whitey

I have only seen a few, but I liked what I saw...

I have only seen a few, but I liked what I saw...

Hi,

I'm only a high C player, so keep that in mind... I've watched a few
of Bert's tapes, and there is a lot of valuable information in them.
The first one, the 60 minute 9-ball workout is my favorite. He
lays down about 27 position shots, and executes them flawlessly,
and repeatedly, although it looks like it is on a 7 foot table.

There are two safety tapes #9 and #10 I think that really show some
great safeties.

I wish I had the money and a local pool hall to be able to practice
the shots in the first video. I try to practice a few of them each time
I play, and it always amazes me how well he can draw the cue ball.
In one shot he shoots out from a corner to an object ball diagonally
to the other corner, and draws the cue ball back to the original
corner. And I mean he starts with the cue ball just about on the lip
lip of the corner!

I'd also like to hear people's opionions on how well a player is, if
he/she can execute all of the shots in that video with a great deal of
consistency. I mean, could someone actually contemplate trying to
make a living playing pool if they could execute all of those shots?

I have never seen a video that teaches so much as that first video!

Frankie

without a doubt Kinisters tapes are the best.i have some and they have helped me and everyone that has watched them...

starfix_1

From
Lafayette, La.
Tapes

Tapes

I think it would be more benificial to read some books... They have the most knowledge. Try grady's old tapes or as already suggested, Joplins. There are a few others like- Billy I. and Allen Hopkins. I think the Kinisters tapes waste a lot of time. 2-3 ideas to practice per tape or a hundred per book... Come on, start thinking like a one pocket player...:eek:

Books: W1P, SMS, Banking with the Beard... Hell e-mail me and I will send a list... Some are availible in PDF format... Knowledge is the key....

Last edited:

TheBook

Feeney's tapes are very technical and maybe contain more informant ion than a player needs.

I have the first 54 of Bert's tapes. It did seem a little overwhelming at first. Each tape consists of a lesson that helps playing position. They usually consists of drills and he shows you the mistakes that the student is making. What really bugs me is when the student has a bad stroke and Bert doesn't correct it. You have to appreciate and understand the way Bert teaches. Bert's tapes will not make you happy if you want one tape to be the end all and teach everything.

His first tape is really great. Bob Henning condenses those 27 critical shots down to 13 or 14 in his Pro Series.

AlanB

From
Albuquerque
Jopling & Kinister Tapes

Jopling & Kinister Tapes

akbushman51 said:
Rileys Dad- I have quite a few on 1 pocket, they're not bad. He does go into a little theory, some tactics. On the whole though I prefer Jopling's tapes.

Being new to One Pocket I traded a cue, some Accustats 9 Ball tapes and a case for a bunch of Accustats One Pocket tapes, some Kinister One Pocket tapes, the Jopling tapes and some other stuff. Of all those tapes, watching the Accustats matches and the Jopling tapes seem to have more info than anything else.

Donovan

Verified Member
From
Fort Worth, TX
I happen to like Bert's stuff. He can be crazy fun to listen to and when he is telling you something important, it is easy to understand. It is true that they are not an all encompassing thing, but I actually like that. You learn some good stuff and go out and make it part of you arsenal. Then go get another tape and so on. In some ways it is like getting lessons. If you got all the info up front at once, you won't remember that much of it later on. Maybe it is preference.

There are somethings that he will show you that I have not seen anywhere else. I find those kind of little extras that he throws in there to be great. His creativity and approaches on some things are really fun and informative.