First Effort at a YouTube video - Earl's 1st win

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I just put a little (3.5 minute) video on YouTube. It's a slide-show video made up of images from the 1982 Dayton 9-ball Open. This was Earl Strickland's first big tournament victory as he bested Buddy Hall in the finals. The image quality in the YouTube video is, of course, considerably less than you would have when showing the images as a video directly on your computer. I just used the free Microsoft Photo Story software. It was kind of fun to put it together and took maybe 2 hours to do. Hope someone out there enjoys it! Here's the link: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hIhAuk7Qw[/ame]

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
Bill, Iloved it!!! I've been searching youtube for pool segments. I thought the quality was actually excellent compared to most others on the sight. Brought back memories of falling in love with this game billiards. Mataya, Reid, Grady,
St. Louie Louie, Grady, Sigel, and that Earl guy. (just kidding) Great Job!

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Coincidence?

Coincidence?

Top notch work, Bill. Couldn’t help but wonder, when the song gets to the line, “Some of them want to be abused”, you slide to a close-up of Earl’s face. Coincidence?

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Coincidence?

Coincidence?

hemicudas said:
Top notch work, Bill. Couldn’t help but wonder, when the song gets to the line, “Some of them want to be abused”, you slide to a close-up of Earl’s face. Coincidence?
No, I wasn't trying to make a statement about Earl or anyone else. Somehow, the song just seemed to fit the photography, so I used it and tried to fit the images to the music as best I could. Thanks for looking!

hhilario

Verified Member
From
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Good view

Good view

Really nice and the music goes along with it perfectly. Found also another one that (the goose?) video and is very good too. Excellent Bill.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I just put a little (3.5 minute) video on YouTube. It's a slide-show video made up of images from the 1982 Dayton 9-ball Open. This was Earl Strickland's first big tournament victory as he bested Buddy Hall in the finals. The image quality in the YouTube video is, of course, considerably less than you would have when showing the images as a video directly on your computer. I just used the free Microsoft Photo Story software. It was kind of fun to put it together and took maybe 2 hours to do. Hope someone out there enjoys it! Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hIhAuk7Qw

Thanks for the video Bill, great job.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
nice video and music
can some one tell me who these players are??
i know buddy is on the right
i can pick out the 4 ball:heh
aa.jpg

aa2.jpg