A question of chalk--

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
The age-old debate over the best chalk just got a little more confusing. Is anyone familiar with the Blue Diamond chalk, or the new Velcro product by predator? Test results are somewhat convincing but I want to hear from players....

It seems these two products claim more playable cueball spin, etc. They claim if you use the chalk in place of your normal chalk, miscues will go away, not that it is a problem for me in the first place....

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
newfosgatesucks said:
The age-old debate over the best chalk just got a little more confusing. Is anyone familiar with the Blue Diamond chalk, or the new Velcro product by predator? Test results are somewhat convincing but I want to hear from players....

It seems these two products claim more playable cueball spin, etc. They claim if you use the chalk in place of your normal chalk, miscues will go away, not that it is a problem for me in the first place....

"You talkin to me"

YJY

Verified Member
From
Paducah, KY
Master Chalk

Master Chalk

I have two large boxes of the old Master Chalk. It does not have the American flag on the side. Buddy Hall told me this chalk contains mercury making it last longer and adhere to you tip better. It does have a much different texture than the new stuff. Can anyone confirm what I was told? It does last much longer. My wife and I have a table at home and play everyday. Over the last year, I went thru 6 pieces!!!!

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
its what i use, i dont know what the differenes is in the ingredants, but it is better for sure. let me know if you want to sell any of yours, we use alot of chalk at my house.

ragbug74

Verified Member
From
Portage, Indiana
A buddy of mine bought a 2-piece box of Blue Diamond at the DCC this year. He gave me a piece and said to try it. He said he didn't really notice a difference between it and the post-flag Masters we usually use. I've used the Blue Diamond the last (2) weeks of league play and haven't noticed a difference one way or the other. I haven't miscued over the past (2) weeks with the Blue Diamond, but I don't miscue very often anyway.

I also have about 1/2 a gross of old pre-flag Master chalk that I'm going to break out a cube and try as well.

My review.....Blue Diamond seems to play fine, but I don't really see an added benefit to justify the cost difference over good old Masters chalk.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i dont like that expensive stuff, it gets sticky on my hands, I chalk like Efren(sadly thats the only thing i do like him) so alot of chalk gets on my hands, both of them get real real blue and that expensive stuff builds up and I have to wash up too often.

as far as flag or no flag, what I have noticed is most of the flag chalk sucks and most of the no flag is good, but there are exceptions. So for a long time i thought there was a change in formula when they changed the label, now i dont believe that as i have good and both bad with or with out the flag.

I perfer Master over all, i only used 6-8 pieces of the expensive stuff and it was all about the same.

i could go on but i will wont umless you have more quistions

ragbug74

Verified Member
From
Portage, Indiana
Fatboy said:
i dont like that expensive stuff, it gets sticky on my hands, I chalk like Efren(sadly thats the only thing i do like him) so alot of chalk gets on my hands, both of them get real real blue and that expensive stuff builds up and I have to wash up too often.

as far as flag or no flag, what I have noticed is most of the flag chalk sucks and most of the no flag is good, but there are exceptions. So for a long time i thought there was a change in formula when they changed the label, now i dont believe that as i have good and both bad with or with out the flag.

I perfer Master over all, i only used 6-8 pieces of the expensive stuff and it was all about the same.

i could go on but i will wont umless you have more quistions

FB, I agree with the "buildup" of chalk. I also chalk like a slob and noticed considerably more chalk on my hand after using the BD chalk.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
ragbug74 said:
FB, I agree with the "buildup" of chalk. I also chalk like a slob and noticed considerably more chalk on my hand after using the BD chalk.

exactly and whats left on my hands is sticky/tacky compaired to Master old and new. I use old Master most of the time, but I do get the ocassional good piece of new stuff(its hard to find)

When I get a piece I like I use it until it wears to the bottom, infact I like it when they lose about 50% of the height then I can hold it in my bridge hand when I shoot-A new piece is too big to hold comfortably and make a solid bridge.

I love chalk<----might sound dumb but I really do!