Kohler: Upscale OnePocket, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie Robbins...

I have three books of his and love them. I have not even lloked all the way through them. Anyway one of the members searched me out and asked if he could purchase them from me... you know what he offered? 300 for the set. I thought you might want to hear something funny. Michael
    Originally posted by Troy
    Sorry I'm taking so long to answer and I'm surprised nobody else chimed in...
    Either/both of Robin's books are considered the "Bible" of 1-Pocket, if you can find them. They are both out of print and have become exorbitantly priced. Another option is from Accu-Stats -- there are many excellent 1-P tapes available from them.

Troy

Comment

I found Koehler's book okay, but mainly for the beginner. It hardly showed me anything I didn't already know. As a C player, I find that running balls is my problem more than most things. I think a more in-depth coverage of theory and strategy would be more helpful to most 1-pocket players. Still, if you can't run 4 open balls, all the theory and strategy in the world can't help you.

I really don't recommend the book. I'd say Byrne's newest book "350 Moves Every Player Should Know" is more helpful for learning what's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by starfix_1
        I have three books of his and love them. I have not even lloked all the way through them. Anyway one of the members searched me out and asked if he could purchase them from me... you know what he offered? 300 for the set. I thought you might want to hear something funny. Michael
        Must be the same guy who asked me. He wrote me and said 300, and I say hmmm ok sounds good. I thought he was talking about just w1p. Then he wrote me back and said...this is for W1P, SMS and 3c Position play right?

I just laughed and laughed over that one.

Comment

Working...
        X