Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accu stats make it happen one pocket invitational

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Accu stats make it happen one pocket invitational

    HERE IS ALL THE INFO
    http://www.accu-stats.com/2015MIH1P.pdf
    ......
    ........
    this is from the promo at azb
    Six superstars will compete in the 2015 “Make It Happen” One-Pocket Invitational scheduled for June 25-28, 2015. Who will they be?

    Only the best are invited to “Make It Happen” events. Accu-Stats will select two of the contestants while the other four will be voted in by supporters who purchase a “Make It Happen” package. This is an all expenses paid trip for these players and they will pay no entry fee. As always, 100% of the support money goes into the event. Accu-Stats takes nothing.

    This four day round-robin event will be staged in the Aramith/Simonis Arena at Sandcastle Billiards in Edison, New Jersey. All six players will play each other and will receive $1,000 for each win. Every match will be of “finals” caliber.

    Fifteen matches, all races to three, will be played on a regulation 9-Foot Diamond Pro Am Table with Simonis 860 Cloth and Aramith Balls. The best commentators in the business, Bill Incardona, Danny DiLiberto, and Kenny Shuman will provide the play by play.

    To find out more about our “Make It Happen” package, go to accu-stats.com and see what you’ll get by supporting this event. You may even win $1,000 for yourself. Don’t hesitate and feel free to call me personally at 800-828-0397. Only you can “Make It Happen”.

  • #2
    Yes, these tournaments have been great! As I understand it, the way it works (and the reason for the "Make it Happen" name, is that it becomes up to fans and supporters of the game to "buy in" -- once sufficient people have bought in, the tournament is a go. The people who buy in get to vote for contestants, as well as receiving a significant package of goodies that include of course viewing access to the event live, plus the full set of DVD's from the event, a signed photo, a shirt, etc.

    I have not done it myself but know a few who have and I have never heard anyone express disappointment -- they all seem to really get a lot out of feeling like they did something to "make it happen"!!
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lll View Post
      ...

      This four day round-robin event will be staged in the Aramith/Simonis Arena at Sandcastle Billiards in Edison, New Jersey. All six players will play each other and will receive $1,000 for each win. Every match will be of “finals” caliber.

      Fifteen matches, all races to three, will be played on a regulation 9-Foot Diamond Pro Am Table with ...
      Sounds like a first rate event with presumably the best six one-pocket players!

      At first I was a little confused about the math, though. 6 guys playing each of the others one match would amount to 5 matches for each guy. So if all 6 guys play 5 matches, you'd think that would make it a total of 30 matches.

      But with all 6 guys playing there would only be 3 matches per round. So when each guy does that 5 times, it would amount to just 15 matches in total (3 matches each round, 5 rounds).

      I'd love to see longer races, since that neutralizes some of the luck, and is a better test for the players. With the short races to 3 it would be nice to have more players, like 16. That round robin format was what they used in the old World Pocket Billiards Championships. It was invitational 14.1.

      At any rate it should be a very entertaining contest!

      ~Doc

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
        Yes, these tournaments have been great! As I understand it, the way it works (and the reason for the "Make it Happen" name, is that it becomes up to fans and supporters of the game to "buy in" -- once sufficient people have bought in, the tournament is a go. The people who buy in get to vote for contestants, as well as receiving a significant package of goodies that include of course viewing access to the event live, plus the full set of DVD's from the event, a signed photo, a shirt, etc.

        I have not done it myself but know a few who have and I have never heard anyone express disappointment -- they all seem to really get a lot out of feeling like they did something to "make it happen"!!
        Ive bought into several of them. Ive been very happy to be a part of it. Pat is great and the Accu-stats team are all supportive. If you dont buy into it for the $300 I hope you do purchase the stream or the DVD's. Its one of the ways to keep well run competition alive. If corporations wont do it its up to the fans to keep it perpetrating.

        The only criticism I have for one of the one pocket events was the 10 foot one. The players werent really used to the length and we were watching a learning process instead of their best.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by keoneyo View Post
          Ive bought into several of them. Ive been very happy to be a part of it. Pat is great and the Accu-stats team are all supportive. If you dont buy into it for the $300 I hope you do purchase the stream or the DVD's. Its one of the ways to keep well run competition alive. If corporations wont do it its up to the fans to keep it perpetrating.

          The only criticism I have for one of the one pocket events was the 10 foot one. The players werent really used to the length and we were watching a learning process instead of their best.
          I assume you meant "perpetuating?" I agree, the 10' tables found the players really struggling at strategy and shotmaking. Hell, the table was so big (or the arena so small) that Frost was forced to change his stance when shooting off the rail.
          Last edited by straightback; 03-08-2015, 05:58 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by keoneyo View Post

            The only criticism I have for one of the one pocket events was the 10 foot one. The players werent really used to the length and we were watching a learning process instead of their best.
            Yes. I thought Pat would to go to race-to-four when he changed back to 9-ft table. Oh, well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lll View Post
              HERE IS ALL THE INFO
              http://www.accu-stats.com/2015MIH1P.pdf

              Fifteen matches, all races to three, will be played on a regulation 9-Foot Diamond Pro Am Table with Simonis 860 Cloth and Aramith Balls. The best commentators in the business, Bill Incardona, Danny DiLiberto, and Kenny Shuman will provide the play by play.
              I will not ever again spend my hard-earned money to watch/listen to any pool match that Danny DiLiberto commentates. He should be removed from AccuStats commentary and never used again.

              Pat Fleming should get this through his head already.

              Dennis

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                I will not ever again spend my hard-earned money to watch/listen to any pool match that Danny DiLiberto commentates. He should be removed from AccuStats commentary and never used again.

                Pat Fleming should get this through his head already.

                Dennis
                tap, tap, tap.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                  I will not ever again spend my hard-earned money to watch/listen to any pool match that Danny DiLiberto commentates. He should be removed from AccuStats commentary and never used again.

                  Pat Fleming should get this through his head already.

                  Dennis
                  have you ever called or contacted pat to convey your opinion??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by keoneyo View Post
                    Ive bought into several of them. Ive been very happy to be a part of it. Pat is great and the Accu-stats team are all supportive. If you dont buy into it for the $300 I hope you do purchase the stream or the DVD's. Its one of the ways to keep well run competition alive. If corporations wont do it its up to the fans to keep it perpetrating.

                    The only criticism I have for one of the one pocket events was the 10 foot one. The players werent really used to the length and we were watching a learning process instead of their best.


                    this one will be a 9 footer so no problems there...
                    p,s i also have been a supporter and i hope those with the love of the game and the means to be able to support this
                    will open their wallets to support it
                    to get all the dvds pays for itself

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                      Sounds like a first rate event with presumably the best six one-pocket players!

                      At first I was a little confused about the math, though. 6 guys playing each of the others one match would amount to 5 matches for each guy. So if all 6 guys play 5 matches, you'd think that would make it a total of 30 matches.

                      But with all 6 guys playing there would only be 3 matches per round. So when each guy does that 5 times, it would amount to just 15 matches in total (3 matches each round, 5 rounds).

                      I'd love to see longer races, since that neutralizes some of the luck, and is a better test for the players. With the short races to 3 it would be nice to have more players, like 16. That round robin format was what they used in the old World Pocket Billiards Championships. It was invitational 14.1.

                      At any rate it should be a very entertaining contest!

                      ~Doc
                      Doc,

                      Have to agree that round robin is a great format for finding out who is the best, especially over several days and makes it impossible to get an "easy" road through an event.

                      Pat's productions have always been first rate and I look forward to seeing this.

                      DeeMan
                      DeeMan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ill be putting in my $300. My only criteria is that DANNY DILIBERTO and BILL INCARDONA must commentate on at least 50% of the matches.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                          I will not ever again spend my hard-earned money to watch/listen to any pool match that Danny DiLiberto commentates. He should be removed from AccuStats commentary and never used again.

                          Pat Fleming should get this through his head already.

                          Dennis
                          Same reason I decided not to buy this time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
                            I will not ever again spend my hard-earned money to watch/listen to any pool match that Danny DiLiberto commentates. He should be removed from AccuStats commentary and never used again.

                            Pat Fleming should get this through his head already.

                            Dennis
                            Though most don't have the stones to say it, I wholeheartedly agree. He calls dumb shots, gets tunnel vision, argues needlessly and doesn't really convey much pool knowledge.

                            He does have some good stories, but by now we have all heard them all. At least twice.

                            Let's get some new blood in there.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sappo View Post
                              tap, tap, tap.

                              I also have to add a couple of "tap, taps." Nothing personal against Danny. He' a great player and champion but is past his expiration date when it comes to commenting.

                              Lou Figueroa

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X