Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Bert 3 wwyd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post

    Although Frank's shot is the shot that I like as well, but I definitely have a little kamikaze in me.
    ......Mitch (and Frank, etc.) I've already posted twice that Frank's shot of banking the 13 across into the 1 was not available to me...so youse guys need to pick a different shot to shoot.


    And some other input here...

    Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post

    Contrary to the Hacker's opinion I think the Ghost executed his shot quite well, though it did not fulfill the job. The shot simply required too much perfection. Again, why the need to attempt something difficult or complicated when there are far simpler yet effective shots to choose from?

    Tom
    Tom, I agree with you here on the difficulty of the shot that I shot, and that there may be better choices here....that said, just to be clear since nobody ever seems to read exactly what I post (and Tom, this is not directed to you)......

    I never said it was the best choice here...what I did say was this ----->

    Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post

    I was glad to have a chance to post up this type of shot, so that all of the students on here who don't know it and have never shot it, can add it to their arsenal.

    - Ghost
    ...

    ...as I've posted on here many times before...when I'm playing a cheap friendly game with someone like Bert, Tom, Pat, etc. I'll shoot a lot of lower % shots just to see if I can nail them - that was the case here...I wouldn't have chose this shot if I were playing this situation at the DCC One Pocket tournament.

    ...another post coming...


    - Ghost
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

    Comment


    • #77
      Just another '3c mined' thought! Bank the 11 into the 1ball or the pocket, go short, long, short with reverse to get over to the 15 ball!



      A NEW cloth would help with this suggestion!

      This, just as in 3C is what makes theses games so fascinating! There's really NO 'cookie cutter' shot for every situation! It's all up to the player's knowledge, ability and conviction to believe in what they can perceive and execute!

      Until, you get to that VERY TOP level of play, then more similar choices will be seen by them!
      Last edited by mr3cushion; 06-10-2015, 01:44 PM.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
        Just another '3c mined' thought! Bank the 11 into the 1ball or the pocket, go short, long, short with reverse to get over to the 15 ball!

        [ATTACH]11958[/ATTACH]

        A NEW cloth would help with this suggestion!

        This, just as in 3C is what makes theses games so fascinating! There's really NO 'cookie cutter' shot for every situation! It's all up to the player's knowledge, ability and conviction to believe in what they can perceive and execute!

        Until, you get to that VERY TOP level of play, then more similar choices will be seen by them!

        That was Dr. Billy's choice in post #13
        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post


          You can't have it both ways Tom!
          Tom, this is from your post #68, Quote: The little shot I suggested does not appear to be very difficult to pull off. It is a very straight forward hit, not much distance, cut, or speed is necessary and in my estimation there is plenty of room for error. If the shot is at all available than shame on you if you can't hit this decently. Unless I'm playing SVB or a shooter with his pocketing skills I really don't mind if the fifteen bumps the two clustered balls. This might end up an asset. The objective is to control the cue ball to the head rail. Freeze it if possible.
          'I' Can control my shot by sending the CB behind the 15 ball 4 cushions, (what 'I' do well!) (for you, it's swinging the CB around the table.) as well a trying to 'slow roll' the CB with a 90% hit and freeze the CB on the end rail. Even if you succeed with that shot, now you've given your opponent the perfect opportunity to get to the ONE place he has a REAL chance to win the game from! He goes off the left side of the 15, sends it toward his pocket and goes 1 cushion behind the 1 ball! Now, you're REALLY dead in the water!

          There's another return from the bottom cushion, if your shot is played perfectly! Just cut the 5 ball, carom off the 3 to the short rail and come behind the 15!


          [ATTACH]11957[/ATTACH]
          The difference here Bill is in movement of the cue ball to get to the same place. Your shot requires breaking two balls loose and spinning the cue ball approximately 20 feet to get where you want the cue ball to rest. Now that might be ok for a 3cushion champion but this is One Pocket. There are hole on these tables and that much movement can be risky.

          In addition, I didn't say I wanted to bump those two balls. I said that I wouldn't mind it that much as long as the cue ball remained very close to the head rail. I see that as a big difference and not asking for it both ways.

          You also have seemed to combine two different shots from my post. In the second example I am more than willing to sacrifice the one ball because that will place me in a position to clear the two balls by my opponent's pocket. There is no risk of giving up any shot other than the nine ball and if he wants to shoot at that flier I welcome it.

          I'm done, said my piece, worn out from this thread, history. Going to bed.

          Bill, you not only want to make your point. You want to turn it around and try to hit me with the blunt end. So far as I see it. You keep striking out.

          Tom

          "Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
            ......Mitch (and Frank, etc.) I've already posted twice that Frank's shot of banking the 13 across into the 1 was not available to me...so youse guys need to pick a different shot to shoot.


            And some other input here...



            Tom, I agree with you here on the difficulty of the shot that I shot, and that there may be better choices here....that said, just to be clear since nobody ever seems to read exactly what I post (and Tom, this is not directed to you)......

            I never said it was the best choice here...what I did say was this ----->

            ...

            ...as I've posted on here many times before...when I'm playing a cheap friendly game with someone like Bert, Tom, Pat, etc. I'll shoot a lot of lower % shots just to see if I can nail them - that was the case here...I wouldn't have chose this shot if I were playing this situation at the DCC One Pocket tournament.

            ...another post coming...


            - Ghost
            I like that philosophy too Ghost. It is also a great hustle. You don't have to dog it on purpose just take a few higher risk shots and let the percentages work for themselves. If ever you need to bare down you can by simply cutting out the high risk shots.

            Tom

            "Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
              I like that philosophy too Ghost. It is also a great hustle. You don't have to dog it on purpose just take a few higher risk shots and let the percentages work for themselves. If ever you need to bare down you can by simply cutting out the high risk shots.

              Tom
              Sneaky b*st*rds! I've got my eye on you guys... but when I finally get my book I'll know everything you know, so then whatchagonnado?

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                Sneaky b*st*rds! I've got my eye on you guys... but when I finally get my book I'll know everything you know, so then whatchagonnado?
                Well John, I guess I'll have to write the sequel, Defense, Defense, Defense.

                It will be a very short work. All about how to keep hanging a ball up in your pocket and making your opponent give it to you seven straight times until you end up showing your true speed when you make your eighth ball all by yourself!

                Tom

                "Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
                  I like that philosophy too Ghost. It is also a great hustle. You don't have to dog it on purpose just take a few higher risk shots and let the percentages work for themselves. If ever you need to bare down you can by simply cutting out the high risk shots.

                  Tom
                  It's good for that purpose also Tom.....but in the current situations that I'm referring to, in my wwyd's, it's cuz these guys are friends and we only play for $10 a game.

                  - Ghost
                  jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
                    The difference here Bill is in movement of the cue ball to get to the same place. Your shot requires breaking two balls loose and spinning the cue ball approximately 20 feet to get where you want the cue ball to rest. Now that might be ok for a 3cushion champion but this is One Pocket. There are hole on these tables and that much movement can be risky.

                    In addition, I didn't say I wanted to bump those two balls. I said that I wouldn't mind it that much as long as the cue ball remained very close to the head rail. I see that as a big difference and not asking for it both ways.

                    You also have seemed to combine two different shots from my post. In the second example I am more than willing to sacrifice the one ball because that will place me in a position to clear the two balls by my opponent's pocket. There is no risk of giving up any shot other than the nine ball and if he wants to shoot at that flier I welcome it.

                    I'm done, said my piece, worn out from this thread, history. Going to bed.

                    Bill, you not only want to make your point. You want to turn it around and try to hit me with the blunt end. So far as I see it. You keep striking out.

                    Tom
                    Tom; once again, it's what 'I' would do! I thought that's what theses exercises were ALL about

                    Any way, in my usual brilliance, I went to the 'PR' with the intention of videoing my shot. When I turn the camera on, the battery goes dead in about 45 seconds! Smart Huh!

                    So, I took a couple of warm up shots to test the speed and English on the table for my shot. First attempt, I went one cushion into the 9 ball, NO good! Second, I got the kiss, NO good!

                    Now, I knew what to do! I played the shot 5 times, 3 times I got right up along side of the 15 ball, one attempt I got stuck on the 11 ball, and the other is the position that resulted in the image bellow! I had a kid there with a camera on his phone, I like this one the BEST of the 5!

                    Tom; once again, it's what 'I' would do! I thought that's what theses exercises were ALL about

                    Any way, in my usual brilliance, I went to the 'PR' with the intention of videoing my shot. When I turn the camera on, the battery goes dead in about 45 seconds! Smart Huh!

                    So, I took a couple of warm up shots to test the speed and English on the table for my shot. First attempt, I went one cushion into the 9 ball, NO good! Second, I got the kiss, NO good!

                    Now, I knew what to do! I played the shot 5 times, 3 times I got right up along side of the 15 ball, one attempt I got stuck on the 11 ball, and the other is the position that resulted in the image bellow! I had a kid there with a camera on his phone, I like this one the BEST of the 5!

                    View 2 is from my opponents pocket looking back at the CB!



                    View from the CB position.



                    Sorry about the 'small' images, when I tried to enlarge, they got very blurry.
                    Last edited by mr3cushion; 06-10-2015, 01:44 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
                      Tom; once again, it's what 'I' would do! I thought that's what theses exercises were ALL about

                      Any way, in my usual brilliance, I went to the 'PR' with the intention of videoing my shot. When I turn the camera on, the battery goes dead in about 45 seconds! Smart Huh!

                      So, I took a couple of warm up shots to test the speed and English on the table for my shot. First attempt, I went one cushion into the 9 ball, NO good! Second, I got the kiss, NO good!

                      Now, I knew what to do! I played the shot 5 times, 3 times I got right up along side of the 15 ball, one attempt I got stuck on the 11 ball, and the other is the position that resulted in the image bellow! I had a kid there with a camera on his phone, I like this one the BEST of the 5!

                      Tom; once again, it's what 'I' would do! I thought that's what theses exercises were ALL about

                      Any way, in my usual brilliance, I went to the 'PR' with the intention of videoing my shot. When I turn the camera on, the battery goes dead in about 45 seconds! Smart Huh!

                      So, I took a couple of warm up shots to test the speed and English on the table for my shot. First attempt, I went one cushion into the 9 ball, NO good! Second, I got the kiss, NO good!

                      Now, I knew what to do! I played the shot 5 times, 3 times I got right up along side of the 15 ball, one attempt I got stuck on the 11 ball, and the other is the position that resulted in the image bellow! I had a kid there with a camera on his phone, I like this one the BEST of the 5!

                      View 2 is from my opponents pocket looking back at the CB!

                      [ATTACH]11965[/ATTACH]

                      View from the CB position.

                      [ATTACH]11966[/ATTACH]

                      Sorry about the 'small' images, when I tried to enlarge, they got very blurry.
                      Great, I'm shooting the 15 now. I do like how you can spin ball around

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                        Great, I'm shooting the 15 now. I do like how you can spin ball around
                        JTom; actually, these were the wrong photos I had the kid send me, the one I wanted was the one where the CB was just about frozen to the 15, I knew something didn't look right! !

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I waited to see if someone would post this shot. no one has. the double kiss, object ball goes to/toward your hole, cue ball stays on same side up table. shot it cold and hung it first try. easy shot, everybody knows it. is there a reason no one would shoot this, something i dont see? dont post much, just read. cant diagram.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
                            il you end up showing your true speed when you make your eighth ball all by yourself!

                            Tom
                            I like that... I KNOW I can make ONE.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by blindlemon View Post
                              I waited to see if someone would post this shot. no one has. the double kiss, object ball goes to/toward your hole, cue ball stays on same side up table. shot it cold and hung it first try. easy shot, everybody knows it. is there a reason no one would shoot this, something i dont see? dont post much, just read. cant diagram.
                              Double kiss the 1?

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                i'm sorry, i wasn't very clear. double kiss the nine. i know there is a scratch potential and i tried to set it up like the pic. i shot it 8 or 9 times and scratched once. i cant say i would absolutly shoot it but i do shoot that shot when it has potential. i was just curious why no one mentioned it. i know it exposes my pocket but so did the other shots without moving anything toward the hole. while im sure there is a reason nobody picked it im just curious why. thanks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X