Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 21-24 BIG One Pocket Tournament Buffalo's Billiards New Orleans, La

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
    Welcome to Louisiana, players. Bring your stake horse and make your way to the Big Easy. All registered one pocket players get their rooms comped. There will be a lot of action there and Buffalo's never closes. We expect round the clock action from Thursday till whenever.


    Gamblers and sweaters welcome. Contact PoolactionTV or Buffalo's Billiards for help with hotels.
    Fantastic!! I look forward to watching via Big Truck!!
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
      If you're referring to side betting, that's a distinct possibility. If you're talking about matching up in 1P, I'll have to consult with my manager, Col. Bille.

      BTW, that's a neat little airplane symbol thingy you used at the end of the sentence.

      ~Doc
      The Col. also has action

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
        The Col. also has action
        Jim I might just go there just for you

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
          Jim I might just go there just for you
          You know I'm too easy for you

          You can car pool with Tom Wirth and draw straws to see who gets my money

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
            Jim I might just go there just for you
            C'mon up, Rob. We'd love to see you. I think you'd do well in N.O. Plenty of action, no one knows you, and you even look like a local.

            But wait-- didn't you say awhile back that you'd given up pool, or trying to get action?

            ~Doc

            Comment


            • #21
              From Buffalo

              Is this Creepy? I am asking you.----You know by now about the pro one pocket tournament we're having on the 21st.---getting added money is always hard without big sports sponsors.---So I found a site where you can accept donations for your event,--whatever it is. Now I know some pro pool players aren't exactly role models and I'm not either so lets not go there. I am talking about the best players in this country and some ---maybe the world having to ..#1.put up there own money and #2..play for such small amounts in prize money. ..They have kids and families and rent and mortgages.....How are you going to take a flight , stay in a hotel, eat meals put up your enty fee and then if you play good get 2nd and win $8000.--there aint much profit there.--So anyway we are trying to add more money....propoolevent.myevent.com...is the site . Every dime goes to the players added into there prize money....We have 4000 added right now.---Joe Long added $1000.. Laser Amusement added $1000 and I am adding $2000.---Everybody at the pool hall is laughing ...they say I am crazy. That 's not a new sentiment.-------------oh and I just added up my tab sheets and loans out...Totals about $37,400.---anybody contributing that owes can get 3x on the money AND...I will put it in the added money

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
                Is this Creepy? I am asking you.----You know by now about the pro one pocket tournament we're having on the 21st.---getting added money is always hard without big sports sponsors.---So I found a site where you can accept donations for your event,--whatever it is. Now I know some pro pool players aren't exactly role models and I'm not either so lets not go there. I am talking about the best players in this country and some ---maybe the world having to ..#1.put up there own money and #2..play for such small amounts in prize money. ..They have kids and families and rent and mortgages.....How are you going to take a flight , stay in a hotel, eat meals put up your enty fee and then if you play good get 2nd and win $8000.--there aint much profit there.--So anyway we are trying to add more money....propoolevent.myevent.com...is the site . Every dime goes to the players added into there prize money....We have 4000 added right now.---Joe Long added $1000.. Laser Amusement added $1000 and I am adding $2000.---Everybody at the pool hall is laughing ...they say I am crazy. That 's not a new sentiment.-------------oh and I just added up my tab sheets and loans out...Totals about $37,400.---anybody contributing that owes can get 3x on the money AND...I will put it in the added money

                Hats off to you for trying, I have to wish you best.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
                  ... Every dime goes to the players added into there prize money....We have 4000 added right now.---Joe Long added $1000.. Laser Amusement added $1000 and I am adding $2000.---Everybody at the pool hall is laughing ...they say I am crazy. That 's not a new sentiment.-------------oh and I just added up my tab sheets and loans out...Totals about $37,400.---anybody contributing that owes can get 3x on the money AND...I will put it in the added money
                  Well, it's nice to have "Buff" (Buffalo's owner) post on the forum! I believe this is his first post ever.

                  What will be the mechanics of the tournaments? In other words, will "X" tables be dedicated to the 1P event (e.g. the four at the front), and the others for the 9-ball? Or will the 1P be played in the front room while the 9-ball is played in the back? Will the hours of play be the same, or at different times? I realize that the amateur event will have to be restricted to Sat. and Sun.

                  The reason I'm asking is to help make my decision as to when to come over.

                  Cheers~
                  Doc

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    tentative schedule of events

                    Nine ball is played on the 7 footers, Doc. They are going to use 8 nine footers for the first round, then go down to six/four/two thereafter. Calcutta and One pocket starts on Thursday at 6 pm (first round only) and the Nine ball starts on Saturday at noon. One pocket will probably start back at noon on Friday. Races to 5, allowing about 5 hours for a match.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
                      Nine ball is played on the 7 footers, Doc. They are going to use 8 nine footers for the first round, then go down to six/four/two thereafter. Calcutta and One pocket starts on Thursday at 6 pm (first round only) and the Nine ball starts on Saturday at noon. One pocket will probably start back at noon on Friday. Races to 5, allowing about 5 hours for a match.
                      Joe, if there will be 1P play on the weekend, what time do you suppose it would start?

                      I haven't been over there in a coupla years. Did he add a third room for bar boxes? At the time there were only a few located up by the bar.

                      Thanks~
                      Doc

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I would expect play to begin at noon. The bar boxes are in the back room. Most of the one pocket will be held on the front four tables. I think the first round, they'll use two of the back tables. Buffalo is going to configure it to allow some seating. The Calcutta for the One Pocket starts on Thursday at 6 pm. The Nine ball calcutta will start at noon on Saturday. The nine ball is open to all players, including those knocked out of the one pocket by Saturday.

                        Also, Mika Immonen and John Schmidt will play a race to 300 straight pool on Monday evening for $2,000 minimum.

                        So, we'll have 16 one pocket greats, an open bar table nine ball event and a straight pool challenge match. Something for everyone. And the calcuttas should be nasty. Lafayette hit $92,000 in their total prize fund this weekend. There is a lot of money to be made in Louisiana if you shoot straight.
                        Last edited by BRLongArm; 04-21-2015, 06:15 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Sounds lovely, Joe! And I'm happy to hear that Buff will allow for some spectator seating, since the room is normally a little close and crowded.

                          Schmidt vs. Immonen. I'd love to hear how that was set up.

                          Let us know all the gunners when the field has filled.

                          ~Doc

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Players

                            Paid $500 deposit

                            Josh Roberts
                            John Schmidt
                            Jeremy Jones
                            Cliff Joyner
                            Chis Gentile
                            Tony Chohan
                            Danny Smith
                            Richie Richeson
                            Ronnie Wiseman
                            Buffalo's qualifier

                            Signed up but have not paid yet

                            Justin Bergman
                            Justin Hall
                            Corey Deuel
                            Ike Runnels
                            Joey Gray
                            Chip Compton
                            Scott Frost
                            Mika Immonen

                            As you can see, there are already more than 16, so it's a race to get their money in to confirm their seat. Buffalo's is hosting a qualifier on May 9, 2015 at noon to win your way in to the tournament. Race to 3, single elimination, $150 entry fee.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Great field! Mostly every American top player except Jason Brown, SVB and B. Pettipiece! I guess Jamie Farrell will try to win the qualifier.

                              ~Doc

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                                Great field! Mostly every American top player except Jason Brown, SVB and B. Pettipiece! I guess Jamie Farrell will try to win the qualifier.

                                ~Doc
                                Just for fun, a few possible challenges to your "mostly every top player except...":

                                Skylar
                                Gabe
                                Danny Harriman
                                Sylver
                                Danny Olsen
                                Last edited by LSJohn; 04-21-2015, 09:41 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X