Justin Bergman
    Justin Hall
    Corey Deuel
    Ike Runnels
    Joey Gray
    Chip Compton
    Scott Frost
    Mika Immonen

As you can see, there are already more than 16, so it's a race to get their money in to confirm their seat. Buffalo's is hosting a qualifier on May 9, 2015 at noon to win your way in to the tournament. Race to 3, single elimination, $150 entry fee.
    I am picking up Frost and Bergman this weekend in Beloit.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtruck View Post
      I am picking up Frost and Bergman this weekend in Beloit.

Ray
      Just remember when you get to Louisiana, it's pronounced Bell-wah.

Comment

Buffalo's One Pocket event: How you can help

$4,000 added One Pocket. It's not much, is it? Even with a $32,000 entry fee, the best one pocket players around are playing for a $16,000 first prize. Pool sponsors are mainly a thing of the past. How do we raise money to create an event we can be proud of?

I have added $1,000 and have agreed to pay for the rooms of all 16 players. That's up to an additional $3,360. This has guaranteed a full field of top level players. We all love the game and want it to flourish. In 2015, you don't have to drive all the way to New Orleans and sit in the pool room for 18 hours. This tournament will be live streamed so you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home, or watch it at your convenience.

Now for the Bite: I am asking you to help out. Buffalo, the pool room owner, has set up a website where he is taking donations to add to the prize fund. 100% goes to the players. Those of you who have been around know that Buffalo is a stand up guy and has supported gambling and pool action for over 30 years. Every dollar will get to the players. Please go online and donate what you can. Until pool can get corporate sponsors, it is up to us to carry the game we love. Let's show the one pocket world that onepocket.org walks the walk when it comes to supporting our game. The link is as follows:

http://propoolevent.myevent.com/.

Thanks,

Joe Long

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
          Just for fun, a few possible challenges to your "mostly every top player except...":

Skylar
          Gabe
          Danny Harriman
          Sylver
          Danny Olsen
          Good additions, John. Have you heard any news about what Gabe is into these days? Has he returned to playing pool?

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
            Good additions, John. Have you heard any news about what Gabe is into these days? Has he returned to playing pool?

~Doc
            Yes, Gabe is playing.

I think his gold problems are resolved.

Comment

Thanks John. You put them over $600 added in the go fund me for the tournament. Still a month to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
                $4,000 added One Pocket. It's not much, is it? Even with a $32,000 entry fee, the best one pocket players around are playing for a $16,000 first prize. Pool sponsors are mainly a thing of the past. How do we raise money to create an event we can be proud of?

I have added $1,000 and have agreed to pay for the rooms of all 16 players. That's up to an additional $3,360. This has guaranteed a full field of top level players. We all love the game and want it to flourish. In 2015, you don't have to drive all the way to New Orleans and sit in the pool room for 18 hours. This tournament will be live streamed so you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home, or watch it at your convenience.

Now for the Bite: I am asking you to help out. Buffalo, the pool room owner, has set up a website where he is taking donations to add to the prize fund. 100% goes to the players. Those of you who have been around know that Buffalo is a stand up guy and has supported gambling and pool action for over 30 years. Every dollar will get to the players. Please go online and donate what you can. Until pool can get corporate sponsors, it is up to us to carry the game we love. Let's show the one pocket world that onepocket.org walks the walk when it comes to supporting our game. The link is as follows:

http://propoolevent.myevent.com/.

Thanks,

Joe Long
                Joe, I want to thank you for your contributions to the players. Also it was a pleasure to play you today.

Jim Rempe stunt double

Comment

... Buffalo's is hosting a qualifier on May 9, 2015 at noon to win your way in to the tournament. Race to 3, single elimination, $150 entry fee.
                  I wonder if that's just for the regulars, or for the heavy hitters; or is it open to anyone? I might go over and donate...

~Doc

Comment

I wonder if that's just for the regulars, or for the heavy hitters; or is it open to anyone? I might go over and donate...

~Doc
                    Open to everyone

Comment

These 16 are all confirmed and pd for tourney

1. Scott Frost
                      2. Cliff Joyner
                      3. Danny Smith
                      4. Justin Hall
                      5. Jeremy Jones
                      6. Jason Brown
                      7. John Schmidt
                      8. Josh Roberts
                      9. Justin Bergman
                      10. Mika Immonen
                      11. Richie Richeson
                      12. Tony Chohan
                      13. Chris Bartram
                      14. Darren Appleton
                      15. Chris Gentile
                      16. Buffalo's Qualifier

Comment

Strange Mika is there and no Filipinos. Is there smoking in this venue? Looks like it would be a good one.

Comment

We would have liked to see them, but the field is now full. Yes, there is smoking in this venue.

Comment

To Dr. Bill: Handicap this field: Race to 5, double elimination

1. Scott Frost
                            2. Cliff Joyner
                            3. Danny Smith
                            4. Justin Hall
                            5. Jeremy Jones
                            6. Jason Brown
                            7. John Schmidt
                            8. Josh Roberts
                            9. Justin Bergman
                            10. Mika Immonen
                            11. Richie Richeson
                            12. Tony Chohan
                            13. Chris Bartram
                            14. Darren Appleton
                            15. Chris Gentile
                            16. Buffalo's Qualifier

Comment

1. Scott Frost
                              2. Cliff Joyner
                              3. Danny Smith
                              4. Justin Hall
                              5. Jeremy Jones
                              6. Jason Brown
                              7. John Schmidt
                              8. Josh Roberts
                              9. Justin Bergman
                              10. Mika Immonen
                              11. Richie Richeson
                              12. Tony Chohan
                              13. Chris Bartram
                              14. Darren Appleton
                              15. Chris Gentile
                              16. Buffalo's Qualifier
                              I'd like to see Frost get it, but he doesn't really shine in the tournament setting. Wouldn't be surprising to see Jason Brown TCB; also Roberts, Bergman, Hall, or Smith.

IMO Immonen, Bartram, Richeson, Jones and Joyner would be longshots.

~Doc

Comment

I'd like to see Frost get it, but he doesn't really shine in the tournament setting. Wouldn't be surprising to see Jason Brown TCB; also Roberts, Bergman, Hall, or Smith.

IMO Immonen, Bartram, Richeson, Jones and Joyner would be longshots.

~Doc
                                What if SVB, Woodward, Gray, and/or Compton (not to mention any Filipino names) play in the qualifier?

Comment

Working...
                                X