May 21-24 BIG One Pocket Tournament Buffalo's Billiards New Orleans, La

keoneyo

Verified Member
Strange Mika is there and no Filipinos. Is there smoking in this venue? Looks like it would be a good one.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
We would have liked to see them, but the field is now full. Yes, there is smoking in this venue.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
To Dr. Bill: Handicap this field: Race to 5, double elimination

To Dr. Bill: Handicap this field: Race to 5, double elimination

1. Scott Frost
2. Cliff Joyner
3. Danny Smith
4. Justin Hall
5. Jeremy Jones
6. Jason Brown
7. John Schmidt
8. Josh Roberts
9. Justin Bergman
10. Mika Immonen
11. Richie Richeson
12. Tony Chohan
13. Chris Bartram
14. Darren Appleton
15. Chris Gentile
16. Buffalo's Qualifier

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
1. Scott Frost
2. Cliff Joyner
3. Danny Smith
4. Justin Hall
5. Jeremy Jones
6. Jason Brown
7. John Schmidt
8. Josh Roberts
9. Justin Bergman
10. Mika Immonen
11. Richie Richeson
12. Tony Chohan
13. Chris Bartram
14. Darren Appleton
15. Chris Gentile
16. Buffalo's Qualifier
I'd like to see Frost get it, but he doesn't really shine in the tournament setting. Wouldn't be surprising to see Jason Brown TCB; also Roberts, Bergman, Hall, or Smith.

IMO Immonen, Bartram, Richeson, Jones and Joyner would be longshots.:(

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'd like to see Frost get it, but he doesn't really shine in the tournament setting. Wouldn't be surprising to see Jason Brown TCB; also Roberts, Bergman, Hall, or Smith.

IMO Immonen, Bartram, Richeson, Jones and Joyner would be longshots.:(

~Doc

What if SVB, Woodward, Gray, and/or Compton (not to mention any Filipino names) play in the qualifier? :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What if SVB, Woodward, Gray, and/or Compton (not to mention any Filipino names) play in the qualifier? :D
Heh, heh. I know you're joking, but if the qualifier is "Open", one of the guys already paid for the main event will win it, saving $1850 in the process. Although many of them won't yet be in town, so it allows for an opportunity for a local area player. Anything can happen in a single elim. event.

Buff only needs 13-14 players to pay out $2K. And I imagine that there will be 20-30+ gunners who will try their luck. I'll probably end up playing, purely to donate to the prize fund. You can be sure that Col. Bille and others will participate as well.;)

~Doc

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Just got the word from Big Truck that Chris Gentile is out and Joey Gray is in so the list of players is below

Updated Players list.

Darren Appleton *paid
Ike Runnels *paid
Chris Bartram *paid
Jason Brown *paid
Mika Immonen - *paid
Danny Smith *paid
Scott Frost *paid
Justin Hall *paid
Richie Richeson *paid
Joshua Roberts *paid
Joey Gray *paid
Justin Bergman *paid
**(Buffalo's Qualifier) *paid
Jeremy Jones *paid
Tony Chohan *paid
Cliff Joyner *paid

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Here is the schedule, ball set and updated flyer. The added will also increase by another $700 ish so far from independent contributors on Buffalo's added money fundraiser.

Attachments

• BUFFALOS_BRACKET_2.jpg
    BUFFALOS_BRACKET_2.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 0
  • aramith-tournament.jpg
    aramith-tournament.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 0
  • BUFFALOS_BILLIARDS - AZ.jpg
    BUFFALOS_BILLIARDS - AZ.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Here is the schedule, ball set and updated flyer. The added will also increase by another $700 ish so far from independent contributors on Buffalo's added money fundraiser.

Now this event is starting to look like the type of event that could easily be sustainable, quite a difference from the original proposal with only $2,000 added and no other incentive's. I particularly like the room incentive, sorta like a paid vacation, plus the additional added money always helps. :heh

GOOD JOB JOE :)

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Now this event is starting to look like the type of event that could easily be sustainable, quite a difference from the original proposal with only $2,000 added and no other incentive's. I particularly like the room incentive, sorta like a paid vacation, plus the additional added money always helps.
GOOD JOB JOE :)Dr. Bill
Bill, are you coming over for this event? Hope you can make it. Your presence, especially commentating, would provide some additional luster for purposes of continuing this event (or ones like it) in the future. Come to think of it, there's probably not enough room for a semi-sound proofed booth, so I imagine commentating wouldn't be practicable in this case.

~Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Buffalo is one of the best room owners in the country and he has fully embraced this tournament, finding money for the tourney, pledging all payments of bar tabs to the added money, arranging for seating and sprucing up. Big Truck has done a great job getting the word out to the players and Erica has worked her butt off helping to promote it. The qualifier is next week and we expect to have a lot of interest in that as well. All in all, a good first step.

Thanks for the kind words and I'll see you in New Orleans on the 21st.

Joe

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Now this event is starting to look like the type of event that could easily be sustainable, quite a difference from the original proposal with only $2,000 added and no other incentive's. I particularly like the room incentive, sorta like a paid vacation, plus the additional added money always helps. :heh

GOOD JOB JOE :)

Dr. Bill

Amen, brother.

We really need to figure out something to incentivize potential supporters of future events along the lines of Pat's "Make It Happen" package of benefits. We can't -- don't want to -- count on Joe and Buffalo to bear the brunt of financing.

The only thing that immediately comes to my mind is a quality DVD set, but I know it must be expensive and difficult to make that happen.

For starters, I wonder whether the event poster could be reproduced for sale, autographed by all the participants. Would there be a substantial market for those at a premium price?

There are lots of guys here with creative minds and connections in the industry. I'd sure like to see us working on it.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We've also got Baton Rouge coming up in November. May - November would be an excellent annual schedule, but we've gotta find deep pockets in support.

IF there's a way to get and produce good video and commentary it's a big additional exposure incentive for industry sponsors, whether by DVD or just youtube.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
bill, are you coming over for this event? Hope you can make it. Your presence, especially commentating, would provide some additional luster for purposes of continuing this event (or ones like it) in the future. Come to think of it, there's probably not enough room for a semi-sound proofed booth, so i imagine commentating wouldn't be practicable in this case.

~doc

Capture.JPG

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Well that will be great for the fans! I still can't imagine where they'll put the booth, though. Maybe they'll put them in Buff's office...:)

~Doc

Doc,

You won't even recognize the place! Buffalo is sparing no expense to accommodate the fans for this. Tables are getting moved out, additional seating brought in.

The booth will be behind the glass display case on the right as you walk in from the bar side.

Ray

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc,

You won't even recognize the place! Buffalo is sparing no expense to accommodate the fans for this. Tables are getting moved out, additional seating brought in.

The booth will be behind the glass display case on the right as you walk in from the bar side. Ray
Wow! You're right, I AM surprised! Good for Buff. I'll come over next weekend to check it out, and probably donate a little.

~Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Qualifier for One Pocket Tourney in New Orleans is this Saturday

Qualifier for One Pocket Tourney in New Orleans is this Saturday

A reminder that Buffalo's qualifier for the last spot in the tournament is this Saturday, May 9, 2015 at Buffalo Billiards in New Orleans. Calcutta begins at noon. $150 entry, race to three, single elimination.

See you there!