May 21-24 BIG One Pocket Tournament Buffalo's Billiards New Orleans, La

BRLongArm

Verified Member
From Buffalo

From Buffalo

Is this Creepy? I am asking you.----You know by now about the pro one pocket tournament we're having on the 21st.---getting added money is always hard without big sports sponsors.---So I found a site where you can accept donations for your event,--whatever it is. Now I know some pro pool players aren't exactly role models and I'm not either so lets not go there. I am talking about the best players in this country and some ---maybe the world having to ..#1.put up there own money and #2..play for such small amounts in prize money. ..They have kids and families and rent and mortgages.....How are you going to take a flight , stay in a hotel, eat meals put up your enty fee and then if you play good get 2nd and win $8000.--there aint much profit there.--So anyway we are trying to add more money....propoolevent.myevent.com...is the site . Every dime goes to the players added into there prize money....We have 4000 added right now.---Joe Long added $1000.. Laser Amusement added $1000 and I am adding $2000.---Everybody at the pool hall is laughing ...they say I am crazy. That 's not a new sentiment.-------------oh and I just added up my tab sheets and loans out...Totals about $37,400.---anybody contributing that owes can get 3x on the money AND...I will put it in the added money

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Is this Creepy? I am asking you.----You know by now about the pro one pocket tournament we're having on the 21st.---getting added money is always hard without big sports sponsors.---So I found a site where you can accept donations for your event,--whatever it is. Now I know some pro pool players aren't exactly role models and I'm not either so lets not go there. I am talking about the best players in this country and some ---maybe the world having to ..#1.put up there own money and #2..play for such small amounts in prize money. ..They have kids and families and rent and mortgages.....How are you going to take a flight , stay in a hotel, eat meals put up your enty fee and then if you play good get 2nd and win $8000.--there aint much profit there.--So anyway we are trying to add more money....propoolevent.myevent.com...is the site . Every dime goes to the players added into there prize money....We have 4000 added right now.---Joe Long added $1000.. Laser Amusement added $1000 and I am adding $2000.---Everybody at the pool hall is laughing ...they say I am crazy. That 's not a new sentiment.-------------oh and I just added up my tab sheets and loans out...Totals about $37,400.---anybody contributing that owes can get 3x on the money AND...I will put it in the added money

Hats off to you for trying, I have to wish you best.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
... Every dime goes to the players added into there prize money....We have 4000 added right now.---Joe Long added $1000.. Laser Amusement added $1000 and I am adding $2000.---Everybody at the pool hall is laughing ...they say I am crazy. That 's not a new sentiment.-------------oh and I just added up my tab sheets and loans out...Totals about $37,400.---anybody contributing that owes can get 3x on the money AND...I will put it in the added money
Well, it's nice to have "Buff" (Buffalo's owner) post on the forum! I believe this is his first post ever.:)

What will be the mechanics of the tournaments? In other words, will "X" tables be dedicated to the 1P event (e.g. the four at the front), and the others for the 9-ball? Or will the 1P be played in the front room while the 9-ball is played in the back? Will the hours of play be the same, or at different times? I realize that the amateur event will have to be restricted to Sat. and Sun.

The reason I'm asking is to help make my decision as to when to come over.

Cheers~
Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
tentative schedule of events

tentative schedule of events

Nine ball is played on the 7 footers, Doc. They are going to use 8 nine footers for the first round, then go down to six/four/two thereafter. Calcutta and One pocket starts on Thursday at 6 pm (first round only) and the Nine ball starts on Saturday at noon. One pocket will probably start back at noon on Friday. Races to 5, allowing about 5 hours for a match.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Nine ball is played on the 7 footers, Doc. They are going to use 8 nine footers for the first round, then go down to six/four/two thereafter. Calcutta and One pocket starts on Thursday at 6 pm (first round only) and the Nine ball starts on Saturday at noon. One pocket will probably start back at noon on Friday. Races to 5, allowing about 5 hours for a match.
Joe, if there will be 1P play on the weekend, what time do you suppose it would start?

I haven't been over there in a coupla years. Did he add a third room for bar boxes? At the time there were only a few located up by the bar.

Thanks~
Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
I would expect play to begin at noon. The bar boxes are in the back room. Most of the one pocket will be held on the front four tables. I think the first round, they'll use two of the back tables. Buffalo is going to configure it to allow some seating. The Calcutta for the One Pocket starts on Thursday at 6 pm. The Nine ball calcutta will start at noon on Saturday. The nine ball is open to all players, including those knocked out of the one pocket by Saturday.

Also, Mika Immonen and John Schmidt will play a race to 300 straight pool on Monday evening for $2,000 minimum.

So, we'll have 16 one pocket greats, an open bar table nine ball event and a straight pool challenge match. Something for everyone. And the calcuttas should be nasty. Lafayette hit $92,000 in their total prize fund this weekend. There is a lot of money to be made in Louisiana if you shoot straight.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sounds lovely, Joe! And I'm happy to hear that Buff will allow for some spectator seating, since the room is normally a little close and crowded.

Schmidt vs. Immonen. I'd love to hear how that was set up.;)

Let us know all the gunners when the field has filled.

~Doc

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Players

Players

Paid $500 deposit

Josh Roberts
John Schmidt
Jeremy Jones
Cliff Joyner
Chis Gentile
Tony Chohan
Danny Smith
Richie Richeson
Ronnie Wiseman
Buffalo's qualifier

Signed up but have not paid yet

Justin Bergman
Justin Hall
Corey Deuel
Ike Runnels
Joey Gray
Chip Compton
Scott Frost
Mika Immonen

As you can see, there are already more than 16, so it's a race to get their money in to confirm their seat. Buffalo's is hosting a qualifier on May 9, 2015 at noon to win your way in to the tournament. Race to 3, single elimination, $150 entry fee.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Great field! Mostly every American top player except Jason Brown, SVB and B. Pettipiece!:) I guess Jamie Farrell will try to win the qualifier.:D

~Doc

Just for fun, a few possible challenges to your "mostly every top player except...":

Skylar
Gabe
Danny Harriman
Sylver
Danny Olsen

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Paid $500 deposit

Josh Roberts
John Schmidt
Jeremy Jones
Cliff Joyner
Chis Gentile
Tony Chohan
Danny Smith
Richie Richeson
Ronnie Wiseman
Buffalo's qualifier

Signed up but have not paid yet

Justin Bergman
Justin Hall
Corey Deuel
Ike Runnels
Joey Gray
Chip Compton
Scott Frost
Mika Immonen

As you can see, there are already more than 16, so it's a race to get their money in to confirm their seat. Buffalo's is hosting a qualifier on May 9, 2015 at noon to win your way in to the tournament. Race to 3, single elimination, $150 entry fee.

I am picking up Frost and Bergman this weekend in Beloit.

Ray

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Buffalo's One Pocket event: How you can help

Buffalo's One Pocket event: How you can help

$4,000 added One Pocket. It's not much, is it? Even with a $32,000 entry fee, the best one pocket players around are playing for a $16,000 first prize. Pool sponsors are mainly a thing of the past. How do we raise money to create an event we can be proud of?

I have added $1,000 and have agreed to pay for the rooms of all 16 players. That's up to an additional $3,360. This has guaranteed a full field of top level players. We all love the game and want it to flourish. In 2015, you don't have to drive all the way to New Orleans and sit in the pool room for 18 hours. This tournament will be live streamed so you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home, or watch it at your convenience.

Now for the Bite: I am asking you to help out. Buffalo, the pool room owner, has set up a website where he is taking donations to add to the prize fund. 100% goes to the players. Those of you who have been around know that Buffalo is a stand up guy and has supported gambling and pool action for over 30 years. Every dollar will get to the players. Please go online and donate what you can. Until pool can get corporate sponsors, it is up to us to carry the game we love. Let's show the one pocket world that onepocket.org walks the walk when it comes to supporting our game. The link is as follows:

http://propoolevent.myevent.com/.

Thanks,

Joe Long

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Thanks John. You put them over $600 added in the go fund me for the tournament. Still a month to go.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
$4,000 added One Pocket. It's not much, is it? Even with a $32,000 entry fee, the best one pocket players around are playing for a $16,000 first prize. Pool sponsors are mainly a thing of the past. How do we raise money to create an event we can be proud of?

I have added $1,000 and have agreed to pay for the rooms of all 16 players. That's up to an additional $3,360. This has guaranteed a full field of top level players. We all love the game and want it to flourish. In 2015, you don't have to drive all the way to New Orleans and sit in the pool room for 18 hours. This tournament will be live streamed so you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home, or watch it at your convenience.

Now for the Bite: I am asking you to help out. Buffalo, the pool room owner, has set up a website where he is taking donations to add to the prize fund. 100% goes to the players. Those of you who have been around know that Buffalo is a stand up guy and has supported gambling and pool action for over 30 years. Every dollar will get to the players. Please go online and donate what you can. Until pool can get corporate sponsors, it is up to us to carry the game we love. Let's show the one pocket world that onepocket.org walks the walk when it comes to supporting our game. The link is as follows:

http://propoolevent.myevent.com/.

Thanks,

Joe Long

Joe, I want to thank you for your contributions to the players. Also it was a pleasure to play you today.

Jim Rempe stunt double:)

BRLongArm

Verified Member
These 16 are all confirmed and pd for tourney

These 16 are all confirmed and pd for tourney

1. Scott Frost
2. Cliff Joyner
3. Danny Smith
4. Justin Hall
5. Jeremy Jones
6. Jason Brown
7. John Schmidt