Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Tournament

    Entry fee sent & looking forward to playing.

    Immediately going into training. Nah, I will wait a couple months, too hot here to give up beer yet.
    JOHN HENDERSON
    Al Romero Cue
    Magic Chalk

    Comment


    • #17
      Im 2 years off the mark at 68.
      But am willing to send a C note to boost the prize pool.
      Maybe we can start a collection for those of us who cant qualify or cant attend.
      Boosting prize pool allows more people to get in the money.
      Be best if we can send it to a central location like Steve or Billy.

      Comment


      • #18
        Hold on a minute -

        The field is automatically too strong for me, but I just might play anyway, if there is a requirement that all entries must be members in good standing of this site. If it's completely open, I suspect that some pretty nifty aliens will appear at the desk, with silly grins on their faces. Let's not assume that all the best one-pocket players over seventy are members. How old is Parica?
        If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

        Comment


        • #19
          Parica is 66 I believe. My in-laws live in Sugar Land and I have a close friend that lives by Bogies. I may have to convince the wife to head out of Minnesota to Texas to visit her parents (railbird this tourney)!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by wincardona View Post
            Jeff, I quit playing pool several times in the past 40 years, twice for over seven years. The last time I tried coming back I was 60 years old, it took me over three months of regular play to regain a feel for the game. Slower than I wanted but it will come back if you really want to play, stick with it.

            Dr. Bill
            Thanks Bill,
            I am intent on gaining ground. As bad as I'm hitting em right now it would be very easy to put the stick in the rack for good. jtom beat me another set today. He actually played pretty good today, his biggest problem was trying to let me win a game or two so he could get another set outta me. I double crossed him though, i quit! I'm still in a coma!

            I'll give it a good hard run before the Seniors event comes around in October.
            Hopefully by then I won't be playing one and stop one pocket.

            Thanks again Bill for the encouraging words.

            Jeff

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
              Woo hoo, 24!

              Much better... more room for guys that won't embarrass me.

              Coming along nicely.

              Sending my $200 today.
              Hey John...can I go in with you for $3.00 of your action/entry fee......
              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                ...
                I think that's 10 entered now, and by the way, David Richardson just told me Bogies could accommodate as many as 24 players. That's a lot of old farts stinking up the joint!
                Jeff, I wonder if you would say a word or two about the equipment at Bogies'. Are they GCs; Diamonds; other? Does the house keep them in pretty good shape?

                That's the place NW of the int'l airport, right?

                Thanks~
                Doc

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                  You have the money and the time , just do it. You might be able to get a Gin Rummy game. Dr. Bill
                  I'll be 73 and can't remember the cards my opponent plays so how can I play GIN, in onepocket I always forget my pocket but I can win by telling my opponent he shot the balls in the wrong pocket . I played a guy last week onepocket and paid him $30 because I thought I lost 1 game my son told me I'm losing it I told my son I wanted to see if the guy was honest. My son proved to me I broke even. I told him it was a good investment. True story age caught up to me. I told you when you were young you looked for the suckers ,now look in the mirror because you're the sucker which is a good thing because being the sucker means you got the cash. So when you lose it doesn't hurt too much.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                    Open to players 70 years of age and over

                    Bogies Houston (FM 1960)

                    October 23, 24, 25

                    $200 entry

                    $2000 (+?) added

                    Race to 3 (4?), Double elimination.
                    How far is Bogies from the airport and how far is the hotels from Bogies? What Airport?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                      How far is Bogies from the airport and how far is the hotels from Bogies? What Airport?
                      Good questions. My wife wants to go with me and wants to know how far to the middle of Houston. She can only watch so much one pocket.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                        I'll be 73 and can't remember the cards my opponent plays so how can I play GIN, in onepocket I always forget my pocket but I can win by telling my opponent he shot the balls in the wrong pocket . I played a guy last week onepocket and paid him $30 because I thought I lost 1 game my son told me I'm losing it I told my son I wanted to see if the guy was honest. My son proved to me I broke even. I told him it was a good investment. True story age caught up to me. I told you when you were young you looked for the suckers ,now look in the mirror because you're the sucker which is a good thing because being the sucker means you got the cash. So when you lose it doesn't hurt too much.
                        Yea, your right. Just like Hendy say's "i'm the guy I used to look for." Can't remember the last time I lost at the rate i'm losing at now, true. The only good thing about it is..nobody believes me and i'm not getting action.

                        Dr. Bill

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                          Hey John...can I go in with you for $3.00 of your action/entry fee......
                          I really hate to give up that much because I really need the money.

                          Would you consider $2.50?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                            How far is Bogies from the airport and how far is the hotels from Bogies? What Airport?
                            I'll tell what little I think I know.

                            The closest airport is Geroge Bush (I think that's the name now... used to be Hobby I think.) It is about (guessing) 7-10 miles due East of Bogies.

                            Hotels galore, closest respectable within a couple miles.

                            A long way to Downtown and the Galleria. 20 miles I'm guessing.

                            Jeff or Androd can correct or add to any of this.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                              The only good thing about it is..nobody believes me and i'm not getting action.

                              Dr. Bill
                              LMAO!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                                Yea, your right. Just like Hendy say's "i'm the guy I used to look for." Can't remember the last time I lost at the rate i'm losing at now, true. The only good thing about it is..nobody believes me and i'm not getting action.

                                Dr. Bill
                                You're a funny guy, believe me I saw you lose to Scooter even and I forgot his name but you booked 2 losers in a row. But in your defense you took it like a man and eat more ice cream then anybody else.you got even on ice cream.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X