Philly Pa
1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

Anyone able to stream this???

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

I sent a message to the owner asking his permission. If the Giants are in the World Series, I'll be at the game, if not, I'll try to be in Houston. Besides that, I owe you one.:heh:heh

Fantastic!! Thanks Bill.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Fantastic!! Thanks Bill.

cool. i'd rather watch this than a "young gun" event.....
:)

(KY - i wouldn't worry much about your giants, they are not catching the dodgers :heh, the nationals knocks either of them out anyway :p, and STL is still the class of the national league and will be the team in the world series :D)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Voting would be fine for this year (although I would personally oppose it) but would set a bad precedent for the future. I think most of us have in mind the hope that this could become an annual event.
I agree, John. As much as I'd like to see Jimmy --and I hate that he's been ill-- if we ignore the requirement to allow him an exemption, there's no question that another type of exemption will follow, then other, etc.-- until there are no requirements at all. I like the idea of a super senior event-- aged 70 and up, no exceptions.

I might add that we are in the planning/scheduling phase of this event when everyone is anticipating the good times. This is always the point where everyone is giddy, and apt to throw out suggestions that could be unrealistic. A similar frenzy happens every year for the couple of months prior to the DCC.

In my view this event will have no problem getting to 16 players; and it will probably wind up with 24, and a waiting list! The event is scheduled for late October. It's now only early July!

I vote for keeping calm and pragmatic, plan the thing right, then enjoy it!

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I agree, John. As much as I'd like to see Jimmy --and I hate that he's been ill-- if we ignore the requirement to allow him an exemption, there's no question that another type of exemption will follow, then other, etc.-- until there are no requirements at all. I like the idea of a super senior event-- aged 70 and up, no exceptions.

I might add that we are in the planning/scheduling phase of this event when everyone is anticipating the good times. This is always the point where everyone is giddy, and apt to throw out suggestions that could be unrealistic. A similar frenzy happens every year for the couple of months prior to the DCC.

In my view this event will have no problem getting to 16 players; and it will probably wind up with 24, and a waiting list! The event is scheduled for late October. It's now only early July!

~Doc

I think 70 is a good idea, and it's my preference, but I wouldn't sqeak if the age were set lower. However, we need to decide (if Bogies offers us the option of opening up for younger guys) what the minimum age/maximum birth year will be and stick to it.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I talked to "Hippy" Jimmie Reid yesterday and he said he'd like to come down and play in it, but he won't be 70 until next year. I told him that if this event is successful, we'd see him next year.

Dr. Bill,

Would Danny D. play? Any others you know who might be interested?

P.S. To all youse guys, Need 6 more players. Who knows some?

I'm coming, vote yes for Jimmy and Harry and D.D.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
cool. i'd rather watch this than a "young gun" event.....
:)

(KY - i wouldn't worry much about your giants, they are not catching the dodgers :heh, the nationals knocks either of them out anyway :p, and STL is still the class of the national league and will be the team in the world series :D)

The Doggers, The Nationals, The Cardinals have all learned that come Zee October basaballa, the Giants are second to none. Oct 25, 2014.

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas

~Doc

I agree with Doc, it's early, if there is a shortfall of entrants come late September, then perhaps we ( this years entrants ) should huddle up and decide who we let into the event. Hopefully this won't be a concern, like Doc said, it should fill up. 70+ only, if you want to play, live longer!!!

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I agree with Doc, it's early, if there is a shortfall of entrants come late September, then perhaps we ( this years players ) should huddle up and decide who we let into the event. Hopefully this won't be a concern, like Doc said, it should fill up. 70+ only, if you want to play, live longer!!!

Love to have DD and Buddy (I think he just turned 70) but I don't think there's any worry about filling up. I predict 24 + some alternates.

Is Harry old enough? I would have guessed not, but he'd be a great addition.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It wouldn't be surprising to see a couple of old duffs from New Orleans or Baton Rouge make the trip.;) I bet that Harry Farrell (Jamie's dad) would get a big kick out of an event like the SSSS Open 1P. Maybe Joe Long could mention it to him.

~Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
It wouldn't be surprising to see a couple of old duffs from New Orleans or Baton Rouge make the trip.;) I bet that Harry Farrell (Jamie's dad) would get a big kick out of an event like the SSSS Open 1P. Maybe Joe Long could mention it to him.

~Doc

Doc...Harry is a member here...he bought a couple of One Pocket t-shirts from me...I forgot what his forum name is, but I'll search for it if you want me to...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Doc...Harry is a member here...he bought a couple of One Pocket t-shirts from me...I forgot what his forum name is, but I'll search for it if you want me to...
Well thanks, Luke! Turns out I did have his Email address, so I sent him a note. He said he's not likely to go to Houston, since he made the trip up to "Make It Happen". His forum name is Cooldudela.....I'm pretty sure.

He did said to say hello to his old friend One Pocket Smitty, who he remarked is a great guy. So: Hello Smitty, from Harry Farrell.:)

~Doc

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Made reservation and sent money in. I'll start to practice in first week of October unless I'm in Vegas.