• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bensinger's of old. Photos

a forgotten collection

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...helaine-garren
    Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

That is super cool! Freddy would have loved to see those photos.
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

First person I thought of when I saw this
      Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Bensinger's of old. Photos

Wow. Cool.
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I know half the guys in these pics...and here was a surprise...

At 2:58 in the video, the guy pictured is James 'Peaches' Rochford, a long-time Chicago poolroom guy and always one of Freddy's best friends - he gave a touching, tear-filled speech at Freddy's wake...

Well, last winter I put up a pic taken at Chris's Billiards of an old friend, sweating me and Clyde's One Pocket game - and that guy was: Peaches...here's that pic again..and for anybody that cares to look at both my pic, and Peaches in the video..it's interesting that 45 yrs. later, Peaches is giving pretty much the same expression as he did in the old pic, except his head is tilted the opposite way......here's the pic from Chris's - Peaches on the left (and on the right that's Tom = onepocket.org member TSK7878)----->
          Attached Files
          Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 07-07-2015, 11:19 PM.
          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Great pictures! I'd love to see the book. And Helen Garren is not only a good photographer, but also a very lovely lady.

~Doc

Comment

My estrogen level must be off. The video choked me up.

Comment

It looks like this book project (Kickstarter) is something short of half way there. They are looking to raise 25G to publish this book about Bensingers. The photographer posted on Facebook wondering if anyone knew who this player was -- they want to use this image on the cover.

How about it Chicago guys??
                Attached Files
                -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

I noticed on the kickstarter page ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...helaine-garren ) this photo of Freddy and ??
                  Attached Files
                  -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Those images are absolutely stunning. What a treasure to have and I hope the kickstarter makes its goal.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                      I noticed on the kickstarter page ( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...helaine-garren ) this photo of Freddy and ??
                      Once again..that's my old friend 'Peaches', who I spoke about in post #5 in this thread..and put up that current picture of him sweating myself and Clyde playing a few months ago.
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Wake up.......

......Freddie,we have got some questions here that need answering.........oh,and by the way........how is it up there?Too cool for school brother.Can't wait to make contact again,adieu,James

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                          Once again..that's my old friend 'Peaches', who I spoke about in post #5 in this thread..and put up that current picture of him sweating myself and Clyde playing a few months ago.
                          Wow -- same guy -- well that does put a real face (or two) on how long ago it was that she took those photos!!
                          -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Working...
                          X