Re:Fouls question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pvclou View Post
    I was the one who fouled in Jeff's game. I was thinly cutting a ball two inches from my pocket. The cue ball was close to the rail and came back into my tip before I could get it out of the way. The object ball fell, and the cueball came to rest in the jaws of my pocket.

Jeff's question is whether he should get ball in hand for that. I thought he was joking, since i have never seen a ball in hand in onepocket unless the cueball left the table surface. Now I'm curious, what's the rule? I still think play it as it lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    at dcc if you TAP a ball with the top of your cue for an intentional
    instead of hitting with your cue tip
    the foul is ball in hand in the kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
      jeff i couldnt find a rule
      if it were intentional the rule would be loss of game for unsportsman like conduct
      if it were a double hit and the cue ball was in a less precarious position you would play from where the cue ball ended up
      right??
      if so i think you have to play where the cue ball ends up
      i definitely could be wrong
      Originally posted by pvclou View Post
      I was the one who fouled in Jeff's game. I was thinly cutting a ball two inches from my pocket. The cue ball was close to the rail and came back into my tip before I could get it out of the way. The object ball fell, and the cueball came to rest in the jaws of my pocket.

Jeff's question is whether he should get ball in hand for that. I thought he was joking, since i have never seen a ball in hand in onepocket unless the cueball left the table surface. Now I'm curious, what's the rule? I still think play it as it lies.

i couldnt find a rule
      my thoughts above
      who knows how to contact ken shuman??

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
        at dcc if you TAP a ball with the top of your cue for an intentional
        instead of hitting with your cue tip
        the foul is ball in hand in the kitchen
        The above is a violation of the rules.
        This thread has gotten ridiculous.
        It was an accident. He owes one !
        Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
        (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

listen to rod here. this isnt a cutthroat tournament. you cant over penalize things that are mistakes. its just a scratch and a one ball penalty, same as if he followed the cueball in the hole but here the ball stays where it stops.

for the one with the bridge. you just put the two balls back where they were.
          the opponent does it as he sees fit with in reason.

many times there are things that arent clear. then the opponent can make you shoot it over again. like when you push the cueball intentionally to freeze it on the rail.

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
            Yeah, I can't think of any exception other than after some "unsportsmanlike conduct" ruling when it was done intentionally and a referee imposed an additional penalty.

Is there any written rule regarding referee discretion in unusual circumstances?
            Yes. Here is a pertinent section of the WPA rules, to which the 1p.o rules defer when an issue is not covered there:

6.16 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

The normal penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct is the same as for a serious foul, but the referee may impose a penalty depending on his judgment of the conduct. Among other penalties possible are a warning; a standard-foul penalty, which will count as part of a three-foul sequence if applicable; a serious-foul penalty; loss of a rack, set or match; ejection from the competition possibly with forfeiture of all prizes, trophies and standings points.
            Unsportsmanlike conduct is any intentional behavior that brings disrepute to the sport or which disrupts or changes the game to the extent that it cannot be played fairly. It includes
            (a) distracting the opponent;
            (b) changing the position of the balls in play other than by a shot;
            (c) playing a shot by intentionally miscuing;
            (d) continuing to play after a foul has been called or play has been suspended;
            (e) practicing during a match;
            (f) marking the table;
            (g) delay of the game; and
            (h) using equipment inappropriately.

Comment

Not sure how this can be better worded.

From OnePocket.org rules http://www.onepocket.org/one_pocket_pool_rules.htm

6.2 Any scratch or foul results in the end of the shooter’s inning, as well as a standard one ball penalty. Shooter owes a ball for a foul

All balls pocketed in the shooter’s pocket as a result of a stroke that includes a foul do not count for the shooting player and are to be immediately spotted, along with the standard one ball penalty.

Any ball(s) made in the opponent's pocket are spotted
              Also, any balls pocketed in the opponent’s pocket on a stroke that ends in either a pocket scratch or with the cue ball off the table are not to be counted for the opponent, and are to be immediately spotted.

Cue ball in pocket or off table after shot is a foul, balls made (any pocket) are spotted, Cue ball is BIH behind the line.

However, on a stroke when any other foul is committed (such as a push shot, double-hit or illegal ball contact), any balls scored into the opponent’s pocket are to stay down and be counted for the opponent.
              Last edited by SactownTom; 08-10-2015, 01:37 PM.
              Been practicing more and more... still need a consistant stroke and glasses

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                Yes. Here is a pertinent section of the WPA rules, to which the 1p.o rules defer when an issue is not covered there:

6.16 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

The normal penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct is the same as for a serious foul, but the referee may impose a penalty depending on his judgment of the conduct. Among other penalties possible are a warning; a standard-foul penalty, which will count as part of a three-foul sequence if applicable; a serious-foul penalty; loss of a rack, set or match; ejection from the competition possibly with forfeiture of all prizes, trophies and standings points.
                Unsportsmanlike conduct is any intentional behavior that brings disrepute to the sport or which disrupts or changes the game to the extent that it cannot be played fairly. It includes
                (a) distracting the opponent;
                (b) changing the position of the balls in play other than by a shot;
                (c) playing a shot by intentionally miscuing;
                (d) continuing to play after a foul has been called or play has been suspended;
                (e) practicing during a match;
                (f) marking the table;
                (g) delay of the game; and
                (h) using equipment inappropriately.
                Thanks, Doc.

Intentional miscue? I wouldn't have ever guessed that was considered "unsportsmanlike."

Comment

This rule is probably like the ball hanging in the jaws for more than 5 seconds. If over 5 seconds it comes back up and less then its spotted. Only one ball should be spotted if the cue ball was not part of the foul. If it was then two balls should come up. The cue ball being struck twice is a different rule. If unintentional then a scratch if intentional then it's a serious argument about to in-sue. To me this is some serious un-sports men like conduct. I would not play anyone who did this act.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
                    This rule is probably like the ball hanging in the jaws for more than 5 seconds. If over 5 seconds it comes back up and less then its spotted. Only one ball should be spotted if the cue ball was not part of the foul. If it was then two balls should come up. The cue ball being struck twice is a different rule. If unintentional then a scratch if intentional then it's a serious argument about to in-sue. To me this is some serious un-sports men like conduct. I would not play anyone who did this act.
                    Everyone agreed it was an accident.
                    Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

even a guy who did that who you have way the best of the game, and were playing for decent money? just tell him that doesnt work and put the balls back where they were and have him shoot.

thats better than losing a good customer. people do funny things even ones that arent trying to screw you but just dont think.

Comment

Here's another one that happened yesterday.

My opponent was shooting a stretch shot, partially sitting on the table with his left side buttock and his right foot in contact with the floor. Perfectly legal where I play.
                        However as he stroked the shot, his right foot lost contact with the floor and he was completely ungrounded.

I didn't call anything on him, as we were just playing for a sawbuck, but isn't that considered a foul?

Comment

Re:Fouls question

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post

My opponent was shooting a stretch shot, partially sitting on the table with his left side buttock and his right foot in contact with the floor. Perfectly legal where I play.
                          However as he stroked the shot, his right foot lost contact with the floor and he was completely ungrounded.

I didn't call anything on him, as we were just playing for a sawbuck, but isn't that considered a foul?

You're a tough customer, Jeff. 😅

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post

Heh.

Danny DiLiberto says it's a foul if your foot comes off the floor at any time while you're setting up for the shot.

Comment

Working...
                            X