Re:Fouls question

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Not sure how this can be better worded.

From OnePocket.org rules http://www.onepocket.org/one_pocket_pool_rules.htm

6.2 Any scratch or foul results in the end of the shooter’s inning, as well as a standard one ball penalty. Shooter owes a ball for a foul

All balls pocketed in the shooter’s pocket as a result of a stroke that includes a foul do not count for the shooting player and are to be immediately spotted, along with the standard one ball penalty.

Any ball(s) made in the opponent's pocket are spotted
Also, any balls pocketed in the opponent’s pocket on a stroke that ends in either a pocket scratch or with the cue ball off the table are not to be counted for the opponent, and are to be immediately spotted.

Cue ball in pocket or off table after shot is a foul, balls made (any pocket) are spotted, Cue ball is BIH behind the line.

However, on a stroke when any other foul is committed (such as a push shot, double-hit or illegal ball contact), any balls scored into the opponent’s pocket are to stay down and be counted for the opponent.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yes. Here is a pertinent section of the WPA rules, to which the 1p.o rules defer when an issue is not covered there:

6.16 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

The normal penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct is the same as for a serious foul, but the referee may impose a penalty depending on his judgment of the conduct. Among other penalties possible are a warning; a standard-foul penalty, which will count as part of a three-foul sequence if applicable; a serious-foul penalty; loss of a rack, set or match; ejection from the competition possibly with forfeiture of all prizes, trophies and standings points.
Unsportsmanlike conduct is any intentional behavior that brings disrepute to the sport or which disrupts or changes the game to the extent that it cannot be played fairly. It includes
(a) distracting the opponent;
(b) changing the position of the balls in play other than by a shot;
(c) playing a shot by intentionally miscuing;
(d) continuing to play after a foul has been called or play has been suspended;
(e) practicing during a match;
(f) marking the table;
(g) delay of the game; and
(h) using equipment inappropriately.

Thanks, Doc.

Intentional miscue? I wouldn't have ever guessed that was considered "unsportsmanlike."

baby huey

Verified Member
This rule is probably like the ball hanging in the jaws for more than 5 seconds. If over 5 seconds it comes back up and less then its spotted. Only one ball should be spotted if the cue ball was not part of the foul. If it was then two balls should come up. The cue ball being struck twice is a different rule. If unintentional then a scratch if intentional then it's a serious argument about to in-sue. To me this is some serious un-sports men like conduct. I would not play anyone who did this act.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
This rule is probably like the ball hanging in the jaws for more than 5 seconds. If over 5 seconds it comes back up and less then its spotted. Only one ball should be spotted if the cue ball was not part of the foul. If it was then two balls should come up. The cue ball being struck twice is a different rule. If unintentional then a scratch if intentional then it's a serious argument about to in-sue. To me this is some serious un-sports men like conduct. I would not play anyone who did this act.

Everyone agreed it was an accident.

beatle

Verified Member
even a guy who did that who you have way the best of the game, and were playing for decent money? just tell him that doesnt work and put the balls back where they were and have him shoot.

thats better than losing a good customer. people do funny things even ones that arent trying to screw you but just dont think.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Here's another one that happened yesterday.

My opponent was shooting a stretch shot, partially sitting on the table with his left side buttock and his right foot in contact with the floor. Perfectly legal where I play.
However as he stroked the shot, his right foot lost contact with the floor and he was completely ungrounded.

I didn't call anything on him, as we were just playing for a sawbuck, but isn't that considered a foul?

pvclou

Verified Member

My opponent was shooting a stretch shot, partially sitting on the table with his left side buttock and his right foot in contact with the floor. Perfectly legal where I play.
However as he stroked the shot, his right foot lost contact with the floor and he was completely ungrounded.

I didn't call anything on him, as we were just playing for a sawbuck, but isn't that considered a foul?

You're a tough customer, Jeff. 😅

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Heh.

Danny DiLiberto says it's a foul if your foot comes off the floor at any time while you're setting up for the shot.