onepockethacker challenges Lou

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Would you like to play 6 ahead for 5 or 10 thousand?

As I said: if it works out, you can show me at the DCC. The working out part would be the game, bet, and rules. If we can work it out we will play. If we can't arrive at some kind of comity we won't.

Lou Figueroa

onepockethacker

Verified Member
As I said: if it works out, you can show me at the DCC. The working out part would be the game, bet, and rules. If we can work it out we will play. If we can't arrive at some kind of comity we won't.

Lou Figueroa

Listen its real easy to work it out here in front of anyone... Its obvious you are not going to play so quit acting like you want to.. start paying more attention to the WWYD's then maybe you will learn enough so you can get in the box.. go over to AZ and bluff those guys that you want to play someone..

have a nice day:)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Listen its real easy to work it out here in front of anyone... Its obvious you are not going to play so quit acting like you want to.. start paying more attention to the WWYD's then maybe you will learn enough so you can get in the box.. go over to AZ and bluff those guys that you want to play someone..

I went down that road with JB. Not doing it again.

If you want to try and negotiate something at the DCC that'll be fine. If not, that's fine too.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
At least Ghost got in the box which is more than anyone can say for you...

What you are showing me -- with these kinds of insults -- is that I'm probably better off not playing you.

If you can't hold your water until the DCC it just tells me you were never serious about the 11-7 in the first place ;-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Maybe tyler was one of the players that wouldn't play you all those times you dropped into Santa Monica lol :D

I suspect Tyler has more than enough heart to get up and play someone some friendly $10/$20 1pocket. It's more than I can say for others here ;-)

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I suspect Tyler has more than enough heart to get up and play someone some friendly $10/$20 1pocket. It's more than I can say for others here ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Who won't play for 10 or 20? Every year at DCC there are bunches of us -- I have yet to meet one that won't. You throw out those insults but it's just made up Lou -- name the "others"

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Tyler, I think that what you're saying goes to the heart of my earlier point: here, everyone plays like Efren.

But in real life, under live fire conditions, it's a different story. On the WWYDs no one is realistic about how they play day-to-day and how things like how the match has gone, how you stand in regard to the session score, whether you're feeling confident or intimidated, how much practice you've been getting in, whether the table is fast or slow, how humid the room is, are the balls polished or dirty, whether you're in stroke or out of stroke any particular day, AND how the bet and pressure are affecting you.

Instead it's all perfect and guys get very righteous about how they are totally correct in their shot selection and how they are the most brilliant of strategists. It's funny, ironic, and a little bit galling. But it is what it is.

Lou Figueroa

Like I said go over to AZ and act like a player.. nobody gives 2 shiits about your opinion.. I know you don't have the guts to play anyone that's also why you don't want to make a game here.. 11 to 7 should be plenty of spot for a man of your knowledge and skills after all you can write a trip report after we play:rolleyes::lol Im sure the members would love to know the details of our game.. who knows some of your fans might want to bet on you.. the reason I want to make a game on here is so come Derby you can't back out of it and make one of your lame excuses of why we couldn't make a game..

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Who won't play for 10 or 20? Every year at DCC there are bunches of us -- I have yet to meet one that won't. You throw out those insults but it's just made up Lou -- name the "others"

ah, but Stephen, it was you who made the initial, not so veiled, insult to me about SM first ;-)

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Like I said go over to AZ and act like a player.. nobody gives 2 shiits about your opinion.. I know you don't have the guts to play anyone that's also why you don't want to make a game here.. 11 to 7 should be plenty of spot for a man of your knowledge and skills after all you can write a trip report after we play:rolleyes::lol Im sure the members would love to know the details of our game.. who knows some of your fans might want to bet on you.. the reason I want to make a game on here is so come Derby you can't back out of it and make one of your lame excuses of why we couldn't make a game..

(yawn) Don't care about your opinion.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
...and no, the WWYD's are not "real" in the sense of realistic actual competitive game once they get on here -- even if they are real photos taken from real matches. But that doesn't detract from their value as mental One Pocket exercise. You don't like to participate in them and that's fine, but there is no need to just drop in and knock them.

I know where I live, I do not get enough real live 'me at the table' One Pocket competition. I appreciate the opportunity to get my One Pocket fix virtually -- either watching vids or jumping into the WWYD's. And I get to hear/see other player's shot choices, because I already know what I already know. But I don't know what I don't know, so I like getting those other perspectives.

As far as the insistent bits about WHAT IS THE ONE RIGHT SHOT, no I don't go for that either. But I know I for one, and I assume many others, are well aware that in a real game at a real table with our own real and often limited skills, we are not going to hit every shot perfect -- but it is not going to stop me from trying. It's why I play pool -- to engage and compete and do the best I can!! But you cannot play a shot if you do not see the shot, and the WWYD's actually do help with that.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
What you are showing me -- with these kinds of insults -- is that I'm probably better off not playing you.

If you can't hold your water until the DCC it just tells me you were never serious about the 11-7 in the first place ;-)

Lou Figueroa

Unlike you when I offer a game the game gets played... you can't find a person on the planet who will say im not a perfect gentleman when I play.. There are different ways to get games.. when you know somebody will you can wait till Derby and then make a game... when you think they are posturing like in this case its better to make the game in front of everyone..
P.S. if John Barton wanted to make another game with you online Im sure you wouldn't have a problem with it would you:heh

P.S. have a nice day

lfigueroa

Verified Member
...and no, the WWYD's are not "real" in the sense of realistic actual competitive game once they get on here -- even if they are real photos taken from real matches. But that doesn't detract from their value as mental One Pocket exercise. You don't like to participate in them and that's fine, but there is no need to just drop in and knock them.

I know where I live, I do not get enough real live 'me at the table' One Pocket competition. I appreciate the opportunity to get my One Pocket fix virtually -- either watching vids or jumping into the WWYD's. And I get to hear/see other player's shot choices, because I already know what I already know. But I don't know what I don't know, so I like getting those other perspectives.

As far as the insistent bits about WHAT IS THE ONE RIGHT SHOT, no I don't go for that either. But I know I for one, and I assume many others, are well aware that in a real game at a real table with our own real and often limited skills, we are not going to hit every shot perfect -- but it is not going to stop me from trying. It's why I play pool -- to engage and compete and do the best I can!! But you cannot play a shot if you do not see the shot, and the WWYD's actually do help with that.

I'm commenting on the conversation here. Tyler has made some good points about the disparity between the one pocket brilliance some folks lay claim to here and their real life performance. Several folks leap up to belittle him, for rather obvious reasons. I agree with some of what he is saying and wanted to just lend some support in that regard.

Lou Figueroa

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm commenting on the conversation here. Tyler has made some good points about the disparity between the one pocket brilliance some folks lay claim to here and their real life performance. Several folks leap up to belittle him, for rather obvious reasons. I agree with some of what he is saying and wanted to just lend some support in that regard.

Lou Figueroa

I have things to do so I am not going to argue but if you want to support what Tyler posted you go on my short warning list too, because I think his post was out of line, and I made that clear.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
Unlike you when I offer a game the game gets played... you can't find a person on the planet who will say im not a perfect gentleman when I play.. There are different ways to get games.. when you know somebody will you can wait till Derby and then make a game... when you think they are posturing like in this case its better to make the game in front of everyone..
P.S. if John Barton wanted to make another game with you online Im sure you wouldn't have a problem with it would you:heh

P.S. have a nice day

JB and I had 15-year hard-ons for each other. That's why he wanted to play and it's why I wanted to play. Regardless of how you viewed the match up, we both thought we each had the best of it going in. And, regardless of what a nut case he is/was I had/have respect for John. He had he own internal logic, rationale, and a passion for what he said and did.

You, OTOH, are just a lout and blowhard who means nothing to me. I could care less if we play and what you have to say on matching up here.

Lou Figueroa

onepockethacker

Verified Member
The spot is 11 to 7.. 6 or 8 ahead will show everyone who has the best of it.. as far as the rules.. whats wrong with the tournament rules? as far as the bet maybe you were uncomfortable with amount I suggested.. what would you be comfortable with betting? and by the way if when we get to the table if you want to make a big show and offer to bet more money like you did with J.B. you will be accommodated..

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I don't think so, just roll back and look. But you never consider your own comments to be insulting -- we know that.

ah, the royal "we" lol.

lou Figueroa
didn't know
the Royal Family
hung out here

lfigueroa

Verified Member
The spot is 11 to 7.. 6 or 8 ahead will show everyone who has the best of it.. as far as the rules.. whats wrong with the tournament rules? as far as the bet maybe you were uncomfortable with amount I suggested.. what would you be comfortable with betting? and by the way if when we get to the table if you want to make a big show and offer to bet more money like you did with J.B. you will be accommodated..

See you at the DCC ;-)

Lou Figueroa