X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said good Dr.!

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
      There you have it, if any variation of this shot shows, regardless what the stakes are, and also the importance of the game, you must, yes I said it, you must shoot this shot if you're playing me.

Dr. Bill
      Well I showed you something you have never seen in 50 years of one pocket so you should be happy.. There are different shots for different skill sets.. In this scenario maybe you should lean toward one of Ghosts patented intentionals..: next time I go to the pool room I will set up and demonstrate the 2 rail on the 10 ball and back and forth with the cue ball... if your heart can take it..

have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
        Well I showed you something you have never seen in 50 years of one pocket so you should be happy.. There are different shots for different skill sets.. In this scenario maybe you should lean toward one of Ghosts patented intentionals..: next time I go to the pool room I will set up and demonstrate the 2 rail on the 10 ball and back and forth with the cue ball... if your heart can take it..

have a nice day
        What happened did your camera break and you couldn't film the 10ball option?? Yes I would like to see you attempt that one, just don't change the ball position. Thank you and have a nice day.

Dr. Bill

Comment

What happened did your camera break and you couldn't film the 10ball option?? Yes I would like to see you attempt that one, just don't change the ball position. Thank you and have a nice day.

Dr. Bill
          Quite frankly I get bored quickly in the pool hall. Im not a practice junkie like you guys who enjoys hitting balls for fun 8 hours a day and never have been. We ended up playing partners one pocket after I made the 2 railer like the hanger it was... I knew it would hurt your pride when I made a shot that you never have seen.. (maybe you should have paid more attention to ervolino you could have learned a lot of other shots also).. so please don't try to say the 2 railer wasn't set up exactly the same.. nice try though..

have a nice day

P.S. you will also notice the size of the pockets we play on.. not slop buckets that you guys are used to

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
            Hacker shot the 2 railer. He may not be able to post a video but he sure can shoot lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKbKJ_ZemM
            Wait. Wait.....What is that black square thing on the rail that looks like a cell phone. Is that some kind of magneto electronic device controlling whitey? I smell conspiracy here...

Ok seriously. I am including another category on the WWYD. We have WWED- What Would Efren Do. Now we have WWHD-What Would Hacker Do. This has nothing to do with what the rest of us advocate.

Nice one Rob!!! Now take off your cape.

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
              Quite frankly I get bored quickly in the pool hall. Im not a practice junkie like you guys who enjoys hitting balls for fun 8 hours a day and never have been. We ended up playing partners one pocket after I made the 2 railer like the hanger it was... I knew it would hurt your pride when I made a shot that you never have seen.. (maybe you should have paid more attention to ervolino you could have learned a lot of other shots also).. so please don't try to say the 2 railer wasn't set up exactly the same.. nice try though..

have a nice day

P.S. you will also notice the size of the pockets we play on.. not slop buckets that you guys are used to
              I'm not worthy, i'm not worthy, master.

Dr. Bill

Comment

I'm not worthy, i'm not worthy, master.

Dr. Bill
                LMFAO..... thats why I love you Billy.. you can take it and dish it out

have a nice day

Comment

I don’t post much but I wanted to make a comment on this post because
                  I learned a new shot from it thanks to Cory in DC. I liked Franks shot first
                  [which is what I would have looked at first] because I roll the cue ball
                  well. The problem is the position of the cue ball in relation to the one ball.
                  It’s very hard to hold the ball behind the 8. shot it 3 times and only got it
                  behind the 8 on the 3rd try.

Cory’s post, View Post
                  “Don't make the 5. Two-rail it to your pocket.
                  Only because the 7 ball doesn't bank, I think I like this. Play 100% cue ball
                  and stun the cue ball off the 5 to go downtable by your opponent's hole.
                  On the downside, the cue ball is a bit close to the rail. On the upside, it's
                  pretty close to the 5 and not too tough to judge. Even if the 5 ends up 2
                  diamonds away from your pocket on the long rail, you take uptable safes
                  away from your opponent.

Of course, if hit poorly then you leave a bank at the 5-8, so don't hit it
                  poorly.

Cory
                  Attached Images”

I didn’t like it at all when I read it. Then I saw Hackers post and decided
                  to try it [ GC 2, Simonis 860, worn] Not hard at all. [I set it up using
                  calipers to duplicate screen dimensions] Shot it 3 times with success all 3
                  times. 5 ball within a diamond of my pocket and cue ball behind the 8 each
                  time so as not to leave a bank on the 5.. Thanks to the Ghost for the
                  wwyd and thanks to Cory for seeing the shot. I love these wwyd’s. For me
                  the value of any shot I see here is how the shot is performed on the first
                  try because i’ve yet to play anyone that gives me two bites at the apple.

Anyway my 2 cents, thanks again, John

Comment

Originally posted by blindlemon View Post
                    I don’t post much but I wanted to make a comment on this post because
                    I learned a new shot from it thanks to Cory in DC. I liked Franks shot first
                    [which is what I would have looked at first] because I roll the cue ball
                    well. The problem is the position of the cue ball in relation to the one ball.
                    It’s very hard to hold the ball behind the 8. shot it 3 times and only got it
                    behind the 8 on the 3rd try.

Cory’s post, View Post
                    “Don't make the 5. Two-rail it to your pocket.
                    Only because the 7 ball doesn't bank, I think I like this. Play 100% cue ball
                    and stun the cue ball off the 5 to go downtable by your opponent's hole.
                    On the downside, the cue ball is a bit close to the rail. On the upside, it's
                    pretty close to the 5 and not too tough to judge. Even if the 5 ends up 2
                    diamonds away from your pocket on the long rail, you take uptable safes
                    away from your opponent.

Of course, if hit poorly then you leave a bank at the 5-8, so don't hit it
                    poorly.

Cory
                    Attached Images”

I didn’t like it at all when I read it. Then I saw Hackers post and decided
                    to try it [ GC 2, Simonis 860, worn] Not hard at all. [I set it up using
                    calipers to duplicate screen dimensions] Shot it 3 times with success all 3
                    times. 5 ball within a diamond of my pocket and cue ball behind the 8 each
                    time so as not to leave a bank on the 5.. Thanks to the Ghost for the
                    wwyd and thanks to Cory for seeing the shot. I love these wwyd’s. For me
                    the value of any shot I see here is how the shot is performed on the first
                    try because i’ve yet to play anyone that gives me two bites at the apple.

Anyway my 2 cents, thanks again, John
                    Since when did we start letting sensible, well spoken people on to this site?

Comment

Originally posted by straightback View Post
                      2008 apparently, lol
                      "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                      -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Yeah, that's bullshit.

Give us time... we'll break him down.

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                          2008 apparently, lol
                          I think sensible people have always been allowed on the site, so long as they don't post their sensible posts too often!

As for trying shots like this for the first time in a game, when I see few real strong options and one tough one that could be devastating, I will usually take the flyer on the tough shot.

Why?

1. I'm a go-off, but for pretty light stakes (double digits).

2. How else am I going to learn?

3. But this is the real reason: I like the psychological impact, no matter the outcome. Even if I blow it, the opponent will think "Geeze, this guy is going to shoot at his hole from any and every where!" Against champions, that's probably a bad thing to implant in your opponent's mind. Against the B and A- players that I tend to play, usually somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7, I think it's actually a positive for me. Of course, if I make it, then it's even better.

On this specific shot, however, I didn't feel confident jacked up. Guess I should practice that. As I said before, a few inches out with a level cue and it's sufficiently easy for me to control that I'll gladly shoot it.
                          "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
                            I think sensible people have always been allowed on the site, so long as they don't post their sensible posts too often!

As for trying shots like this for the first time in a game, when I see few real strong options and one tough one that could be devastating, I will usually take the flyer on the tough shot.

Why?

1. I'm a go-off, but for pretty light stakes (double digits).

2. How else am I going to learn?

3. But this is the real reason: I like the psychological impact, no matter the outcome. Even if I blow it, the opponent will think "Geeze, this guy is going to shoot at his hole from any and every where!" Against champions, that's probably a bad thing to implant in your opponent's mind. Against the B and A- players that I tend to play, usually somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7, I think it's actually a positive for me. Of course, if I make it, then it's even better.

On this specific shot, however, I didn't feel confident jacked up. Guess I should practice that. As I said before, a few inches out with a level cue and it's sufficiently easy for me to control that I'll gladly shoot it.
                            cory
                            when i see a "normal level player like me" (ie not a pro who's job is pool)
                            i like it when you take a flyer....
                            because i know even if you make it this time the low % to make it the next time will let me win the game
                            icbw

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                              cory
                              when i see a "normal level player like me" (ie not a pro who's job is pool)
                              i like it when you take a flyer....
                              because i know even if you make it this time the low % to make it the next time will let me win the game
                              icbw
                              Yeah, I have to make two flyers in a row and act real casual about it both times. Then you'll be thinking, "Who the flip is this champion?"

Or I blow one or both attempts and you start thinking, "I better slow down and reel this fish in nice and slow like."
                              "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
                                Yeah, I have to make two flyers in a row and act real casual about it both times. Then you'll be thinking, "Who the flip is this champion?"

Or I blow one or both attempts and you start thinking, "I better slow down and reel this fish in nice and slow like."
                                If you want to reel someone in... shoot the 2 railer and sell out on purpose If you shoot it and sell out you look like a real sucker... I do moves like that all the time when Im trapping someone

have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                                X