Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You vs. opponent - the end game 9 - wwyd

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • You vs. opponent - the end game 9 - wwyd

    Your shot --- your pocket is at top right --- ball score is 6-5, you're behind --- both going to 8 --- wwyd?
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

  • #2
    I see two shots -- one is to pocket the 5 and roll to the side rail. Might not get much but does give your opponent a chance to make a mistake with all the balls now in play.

    The other is to two-rail kick the 8 toward your hole I like these shots and from here they tend to go nicely. You still have to get a little lucky to make the combo, but just getting both balls close might lead to something.
    Attached Files
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

    Comment


    • #3
      I like going off the left side of the one ball and then go off the long rail to snuggle up behind the eight ball.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
        I see two shots -- one is to pocket the 5 and roll to the side rail. Might not get much but does give your opponent a chance to make a mistake with all the balls now in play.

        The other is to two-rail kick the 8 toward your hole I like these shots and from here they tend to go nicely. You still have to get a little lucky to make the combo, but just getting both balls close might lead to something.
        Steve, to get the eight ball toward your hole the cue ball will take the line back to where it is now. Could give up a shot on the one ball.
        I do like the option to pocket the five ball.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
          Your shot --- your pocket is at top right --- ball score is 6-5, you're behind --- both going to 8 --- wwyd?
          Can't tell whether the 8 is far enough off the rail to kick it two rails toward the 5 off the short rail. If not, I'm makin' the 5.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
            I like going off the left side of the one ball and then go off the long rail to snuggle up behind the eight ball.
            If you are going to do that, go for the gusto and combine my shot and yours, lol.
            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
            -- Strawberry Brooks

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
              Can't tell whether the 8 is far enough off the rail to kick it two rails toward the 5 off the short rail. If not, I'm makin' the 5.
              C'mon John - One Pocket is a more exacting game than that = where exactly are you leaving the cueball after making the 5?...
              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

              Comment


              • #8
                Don't make the 5. Two-rail it to your pocket.
                If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

                Comment


                • #9
                  8 looks to be well off the rail (otherwise would like steve's kick). two rail it out and follow it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    btw ghost....thanks for posting all these up....you da' man.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Miller View Post
                      btw ghost....thanks for posting all these up....you da' man.....
                      no, you da' man Skype Emoticons
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                        I like going off the left side of the one ball and then go off the long rail to snuggle up behind the eight ball.
                        Looks like a good spot to put your opponent in, if you can get there. The angle you're looking at is a little deceiving, but doable. Also with your shot you need to put trust in the roll of the table because the speed of your shot is more of a soft roll from a distance. I also like kicking the 8ball to my side of the table and go up table with the rock. Yes I understand that I could leave a shot on the 1ball, but one that he may not like shooting..if you know what I mean. The kick could win you the game in a couple different ways, plus you're moving the 8ball from a position that favors your opponent and will restrict you in what you can do in later innings. I'm leaning toward the kick on the 8ball.

                        Dr. Bill
                        Last edited by wincardona; 09-25-2015, 02:06 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vapros View Post
                          Don't make the 5. Two-rail it to your pocket.
                          Only because the 7 ball doesn't bank, I think I like this. Play 100% cue ball and stun the cue ball off the 5 to go downtable by your opponent's hole. On the downside, the cue ball is a bit close to the rail. On the upside, it's pretty close to the 5 and not too tough to judge. Even if the 5 ends up 2 diamonds away from your pocket on the long rail, you take uptable safes away from your opponent.

                          Of course, if hit poorly then you leave a bank at the 5-8, so don't hit it poorly.

                          Cory
                          Attached Files
                          "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cory in dc View Post
                            Only because the 7 ball doesn't bank, I think I like this. Play 100% cue ball and stun the cue ball off the 5 to go downtable by your opponent's hole. On the downside, the cue ball is a bit close to the rail. On the upside, it's pretty close to the 5 and not too tough to judge. Even if the 5 ends up 2 diamonds away from your pocket on the long rail, you take uptable safes away from your opponent.

                            Of course, if hit poorly then you leave a bank at the 5-8, so don't hit it poorly.

                            Cory
                            Cory...just curious...are Scott and Alex willing to play you even..or do they want a spot from you?...
                            Attached Files
                            jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Never mind. I took that to the table. It's way too tough when elevated, at least for me. I just had to aim it to see that, not even shoot it.

                              I moved the cueball a few inches off the rail so I could shoot wuth a level cue and then it's very playable. Bad outcome was not so bad and the good outcome was strong.

                              UPDATE: These pictures are from moving the cueball OFF the rail a few inches and shooting the 2-railer. One is good, one is meh. I didn't post the double-kiss outcome, but it's not pretty. It's also not common.

                              One thing that makes me like the 2-railer less is that the right speed to get the cue ball behind the 8 tends (depending on the exact layout) to be just a little too hard for the purpose of leaving the 5 on the long rail. With some left english, that tends to work out better, except a kiss is *much* more likely.





                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Cory in dc; 09-25-2015, 04:21 AM.
                              "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X