You vs. opponent 14 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You vs. opponent 14 wwyd

Another situation where you have a lead to protect, or, improve upon...

Your shot --- your pocket is at bottom left --- you are ahead 5-2 and you have the superior ball-layout position --- wwyd?
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

If I can see all of the 12 ball I would bank it over to the 2nd diamond on my side rail and leave the cue ball on his side rail inside the 1st diamond. If I cant see the entire 12 ball I would bank it into the 7 ball and go up table with the cue ball trying to leave him behind the 13 ball... The bank on the 14 ball the scratch in the upper right pocket is too big..

have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
      Another situation where you have a lead to protect, or, improve upon...

Your shot --- your pocket is at bottom left --- you are ahead 5-2 and you have the superior ball-layout position --- wwyd?
      Playing off the right side of the 9 to go one rail behind 13 so 8 can't be hit. (At least that's what I'm doin' with this mouse. )

I really want to shoot the 4 into the 7, but I don't think the angle is there to avoid leaving something on the 12.

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
        Playing off the right side of the 9 to go one rail behind 13 so 8 can't be hit. (At least that's what I'm doin' with this mouse. )
        Yo John..and I believe Rob will agree with this...you better take a closer look at your mouse - cuz I think there's a very good chance - that it's actually a rat.........
        Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-07-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Yo John..and I believe Rob will agree with this...you better take a closer look at your mouse - cuz I think there's a very good chance that it's actually a rat.........
          Maybe so, but it's a straight-shootin' sumbitch.

Comment

could not see attached image
            Bill Meacham
            WBT
            www.worldbilliardtour.com
            no link....

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
              Maybe so, but it's a straight-shootin' sumbitch.
              Well after noticing you are entered in the Seniors Tournament and after reviewing your answer here and in the other WWYD's I have come to one absolute certainty..... They are obviously not doing drug testing at the seniors tournament

have a nice day

Comment

Yo John..and I believe Rob will agree with this...you better take a closer look at your mouse - cuz I think there's a very good chance - that it's actually a rat.........
                Ghost I think Johns is more like a Gerbil... and he can get some pvc pipe and take the gerbil and his shot choice and stick them all up his ass just joking.. about the gerbil that is

have a nice day

Comment

I wish I could see another angle of the 12 ball. I don't think you can see it whole and too thin for a bank off the long rail. If it is a thin cut these eyes would leave it alone.
                  That leaves me with two options.

Come off the 10 with inside and use the 13 as a blocker. 10 going down around the 9.

But a better one for me since I only need 3 is to put the 13 out of play and hit it thick, softly. With deep left trying to leave whitey on the top rail by the 10 ball and try to have the 13 go one rail to the top rail as well. The percentage to accomplish this satisfactory is high. But its a safety and there are still 6 balls in play still, which is troublesome.

The problem with the 12 ball is that you might leave a cross bank and force an opponent way behind to shoot at it. He makes it and he is back in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
                    They are obviously not doing drug testing at the seniors tournament

have a nice day
                    They are obviously not doing advance drug testing. I'm going on the wagon tomorrow.... or maybe day after.

Well, by Saturday, almost for sure.

But you know how weekends are, so Monday for more-or-less certain.

Comment

the cue ball is probably too far under the 4 for this but if not
                      here is what id do
                      punch stun
                      take out the 4 and 7
                      even if i have to twist the 4 alittle to keep a fairly full hit on the 4
                      and roll on the 10
                      it moves balls up table playing the score
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	gg1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	391056

Comment

Based on the score and if I wanted to get balls out of play, I would (very thin)bank the 13 to my side and bring the cue ball down by the opponents pocket.

But if I felt lucky, I would bank the 12 off the long rail and into the 7. The cue ball would be near his side pocket. I really want a ball by my pocket so if he tries a bank, his butt will pucker.

Comment

Originally posted by keoneyo View Post
                          I wish I could see another angle of the 12 ball. I don't think you can see it whole and too thin for a bank off the long rail. If it is a thin cut these eyes would leave it alone.
                          That leaves me with two options.

Come off the 10 with inside and use the 13 as a blocker. 10 going down around the 9.

But a better one for me since I only need 3 is to put the 13 out of play and hit it thick, softly. With deep left trying to leave whitey on the top rail by the 10 ball and try to have the 13 go one rail to the top rail as well. The percentage to accomplish this satisfactory is high. But its a safety and there are still 6 balls in play still, which is troublesome.

The problem with the 12 ball is that you might leave a cross bank and force an opponent way behind to shoot at it. He makes it and he is back in the game.
                          The problem with leaving him by the 10 ball is he gets a free cut on the 9 ball into the 7 ball which could cause damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee Joe6 View Post
                            Based on the score and if I wanted to get balls out of play, I would (very thin)bank the 13 to my side and bring the cue ball down by the opponents pocket.

But if I felt lucky, I would bank the 12 off the long rail and into the 7. The cue ball would be near his side pocket. I really want a ball by my pocket so if he tries a bank, his butt will pucker.
                            If I bank the 12 ball into the 7 ball im trying to hit about half the 7 ball that way way both balls come over to my side.. That will deter him from a bank like if only one ball came over.

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
                              The problem with leaving him by the 10 ball is he gets a free cut on the 9 ball into the 7 ball which could cause damage.
                              Yep, and the 9 off of the top of the 12ball and into your pocket is even better - don't have to cut the 9 as much, and you have a bigger pocket/better carom angle for making the carom.

Comment

Working...
                              X