A WWYD from day 1 of the SSOPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WWYD from day 1 of the SSOPC

This came up in Casey Killian's match with Buddy Hall. The score is 3-3 in balls. It is Buddy's shot. Buddy must either be corner-hooked on the combination or it does not pass the 8-ball because otherwise he would have shot that I am pretty certain.
    Attached Files
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
    This came up in Casey Killian's match with Buddy Hall. The score is 3-3 in balls. It is Buddy's shot. Buddy must either be corner-hooked on the combination or it does not pass the 8-ball because otherwise he would have shot that I am pretty certain.
    Steve...that's the same place that Pat was stuck in, in a wwyd from a coupla months ago.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
      Steve...that's the same place that Pat was stuck in, in a wwyd from a coupla months ago.
      Have to check that out -- it must have been one that I missed.
      -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

with his monster stroke, did he 3 rail the stripe and draw back into the solid?

Comment

Have to check that out -- it must have been one that I missed.

This was it ----->
          Attached Files
          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
            This was it ----->
            (no offense intended) PJ aint exactly buddy hall....

Comment

Yes, I just looked it up and read through it. Well this situation did not work out well for Buddy either...

I think the object ball is a hair farther out of the pocket in this example, but the cue ball further in, and also there are blockers to prevent the short cross corner kick (plus maybe even corner hooked). So yes the situation is very similar, but...!!!
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                If I understand you, and the situation, you have Buddy shooting at the wrong hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                  Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                  If I understand you, and the situation, you have Buddy shooting at the wrong hole.
                  john i know its been a long day for you.....
                  he is shooting at the right hole
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	bb4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	391108

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                    john i know its been a long day for you.....
                    he is shooting at the right hole
                    [ATTACH]13296[/ATTACH]
                    I knew the shot he was callin' I misunderstood earlier comments.

Were those pocket designations there from the get-go? Doh!

Comment

You have no choice here, you have to slowly work out the ball in the opponents corner and be patient as hell. Bump and stay behind it, bump and stay behind it, until you can shoot it out and pull back to the bottom rail.

Comment

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                        You have no choice here, you have to slowly work out the ball in the opponents corner and be patient as hell. Bump and stay behind it, bump and stay behind it, until you can shoot it out and pull back to the bottom rail.
                        Well that looked like what Buddy tried to do -- jacking up and giving a little nudge to the 2-ball. I don't have a screen shot of the result, but neither the 2 nor the cue ball moved very far, but it was not a foul.

Casey promptly got up and came off the right side of one of the balls at the bottom of what remained of the stack and stuck Billy pretty badly on the bottom rail. This was the result from Casey's shot -- deep trouble for Billy!
                        Attached Files
                        -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Well that looked like what Buddy tried to do -- jacking up and giving a little nudge to the 2-ball. I don't have a screen shot of the result, but neither the 2 nor the cue ball moved very far, but it was not a foul.

Casey promptly got up and came off the right side of one of the balls at the bottom of what remained of the stack and stuck Billy pretty badly on the bottom rail. This was the result from Casey's shot -- deep trouble for Billy!
                          Oh, well damn, maybe there's no way out then!

Comment

what about shooting gently into the bottom rail and freezing the cue ball
                            to the upper half of the 4 ball. leaves a kick on the 6 but not much else

Comment

Here’s another shot if one was really desperate Shoot straight up table
                              paralel to the long rails, hit down on the cue ball at 11 o'clock to kick the
                              ball in the pocket in. Silly as it sounds I made it on my first try. Second,
                              missed it high by a diamond. 3rd missed inside by about the same. 4th, &
                              5th made it. 6th, hit it and moved it and quit while I was doing so well.

I’m not advocating the shot if there is any other way to get out of the
                              inning. It’s something I picked up from one of Freddys books many years
                              ago and it has gotten me out of alot of jams. 1 tip = 1 diamond cross table,
                              1/2 diamond length ways. I’m sure most know it. this is for those that
                              dont. Try it just for fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X