bad sportsmanship but is it legal

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I was in the pool hall last week and 2 guys were playing for $20 a game, one guy was drinking and the other was not. The guy that was NOT drinking scratched and the guy that was drinking (all day) said "I need a bathroom break, I will be right back". Well his opponent (sober) picks up the cue and sits it in the jaws of the pocket on the head rail. When the guy gets back from the bathroom, I guess he forgot about the scratch and shot the cue from the jaws where his opponent had sit it. I know it was a terrible thing to do, but is there anything illegal about it.

We have all scratched and reached in and took the cueball out and rolled it down to our opponent but if he took it out while the guy was gone and placed it on the table anywhere then it's a problem. He's not allowed to do that. He should've left it in the pocket or made the guy aware that he had BIH when he came back. On the other hand the opponent is also responsible for remembering that he has BIH.

Dennis

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
I assume that the guy eventually learned that he'd been had. He paid his dues into the "snooze you lose club". Fortunately he got a discount rate.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Hey guys, TylerBob is a friend of mine and a good one hole player. I will vouch for him if need be for him to be a verified member.---Smitty

Last edited:

baby huey

Verified Member
There are a couple of ways to stop this right in its tracks, and, that is to:
- no snooze you loose, scratches gotta be paid
- get winners and quit if funny stuff like this comes up. keeps your opponent honest
- put the penny down on the rail yourself at all times so that you don't forget the scratches

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
There are a couple of ways to stop this right in its tracks, and, that is to:
- no snooze you loose, scratches gotta be paid
- get winners and quit if funny stuff like this comes up. keeps your opponent honest
- put the penny down on the rail yourself at all times so that you don't forget the scratches

- Don't get drunk and leave the table... you might be playin' a scumbag.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
- Don't get drunk and leave the table... you might be playin' a scumbag.

I used to love to win peoples money, but I made it a habit not to play people I knew had been drinking.
Main reason was, that's what scumbags do, reason number 2, you never know what might happen.