Wwad

1pwannabe

Verified Member
What would Alex do? His shot and he only needs one ball, but it's a very precarious situation.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I would gently hit the top of the 15 (the part that is facing up table), go to the side rail, and snug up on the 14. This might produce a double kiss which would send the 15 toward Alex's pocket.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I would gently hit the top of the 15 (the part that is facing up table), go to the side rail, and snug up on the 14. This might produce a double kiss which would send the 15 toward Alex's pocket.

I was just thinking: play it to try not to kiss but I'm probably happy if it does.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I was just thinking: play it to try not to kiss but I'm probably happy if it does.
I think there's a 50/50 chance of leaving a cross corner if you play to get the kiss (and I don't think you can avoid it anyway.)

I would kick off the bottom rail to hit about 1/6 of the 15... speed for CB to top rail.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Looks like the double kiss is there just waiting to be hit, but it might be better to come off the 15 , go to the side rail and let the CB lay on the 14. --Smitty

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
What would Alex do? His shot and he only needs one ball, but it's a very precarious situation.

whats the score??
if its 7-5 me(alex) i might slow roll his ball in and leave him on the short rail
in line with the 14 which will not give him a full view of the 7?(4?)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wwad

whats the score??
if its 7-5 me(alex) i might slow roll his ball in and leave him on the short rail

That's what I was thinking. Maybe rail first off the side rail to lie on the bottom rail.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
whats the score??

Originally Posted by 1pwannabe

Cory in dc

Verified Member
That's what I was thinking. Maybe rail first off the side rail to lie on the bottom rail.

I think the 15 is too far off the rail for that, would be very hard or impossible to make the 15 and hold the cue ball. At least that's how it looks to me. Making it straight isn't bad, but I think it leaves too much of 7 showing.

For Alex, not mortals, the pocket and cue ball are such that he can nicely see the bottom of the cueball. So he could make the 15 and stun over to the 14. But the degree of difficulty seems too high even for him.

I still like the crossover.

Wayne

Verified Member
I think there's a 50/50 chance of leaving a cross corner if you play to get the kiss (and I don't think you can avoid it anyway.)

I would kick off the bottom rail to hit about 1/6 of the 15... speed for CB to top rail.

I don't know if it is the best shot but this is what I would do also. Unless I knew the table very, very well I would't be trying any of the slow rolls from that distance.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Pocketing the 15ball in your opponents pocket (imo) is not an option, and if it were I certainly wouldn't "slow roll" it. The 15ball sits too far out of the pocket to slow roll it making it more difficult to cover the 7ball with the 14ball. Even if you could why would you want to unless you are puzzled on how to shoot it away. The double kiss shot is an option along with kicking off the side rail and sticking but those two options may leave some kind of a return shot for your opponent you may not be able to live with. I'm in the camp of kicking off the bottom rail and going up table with whitey. This option may leave a long cross corner shot on the 15ball but it doesn't figure to be free, plus playing position off of the bank will not yield any position for his next shot which figures to be the 14ball.

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
If I was going to shoot the 15 in his pocket I would shoot it hard enough to bring the cueball back down to head rail. That way, his next shot is going to be at the (7 or 4 whatever it is) and he will be forced to either just shoot it away form my pocket or try the 3 rail long bank towards his hole.

That should produce either a cross corner for me, a defensive shot to move a ball or both of them away form his hole or if he hits it bad I may have a good shot for the win.

t-dog

Verified Member
Pocketing the 15ball in your opponents pocket (imo) is not an option, and if it were I certainly wouldn't "slow roll" it. The 15ball sits too far out of the pocket to slow roll it making it more difficult to cover the 7ball with the 14ball. Even if you could why would you want to unless you are puzzled on how to shoot it away. The double kiss shot is an option along with kicking off the side rail and sticking but those two options may leave some kind of a return shot for your opponent you may not be able to live with. I'm in the camp of kicking off the bottom rail and going up table with whitey. This option may leave a long cross corner shot on the 15ball but it doesn't figure to be free, plus playing position off of the bank will not yield any position for his next shot which figures to be the 14ball.

Dr. Bill

Can someone please make a visual of this. How do I get the cue uptable?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'd pocket the ball and draw off the foot rail and kick the 14 towards my hole bringing whitey up table. I could make the 14 two or three ways, carom or no carom, but I'd definitely be moving one or two balls at my hole. Don't see a scratch on this shot up table after the carom. Being up table now with one or two balls near my hole will be difficult to NOT leave me a return shot.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If I was going to shoot the 15 in his pocket I would shoot it hard enough to bring the cueball back down to head rail. That way, his next shot is going to be at the (7 or 4 whatever it is) and he will be forced to either just shoot it away form my pocket or try the 3 rail long bank towards his hole.

That should produce either a cross corner for me, a defensive shot to move a ball or both of them away form his hole or if he hits it bad I may have a good shot for the win.

I'd pocket the ball and draw off the foot rail and kick the 14 towards my hole bringing whitey up table. I could make the 14 two or three ways, carom or no carom, but I'd definitely be moving one or two balls at my hole. Don't see a scratch on this shot up table after the carom. Being up table now with one or two balls near my hole will be difficult to NOT leave me a return shot.

i think getting the cue ball up table is a good idea
for me cincy's way would be easier

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Can someone please make a visual of this. How do I get the cue uptable?

the problem with this shot to me is leaving a shot on the 15
this is how i understand the shot and possible landing places for the 15
EDIT THE CUE BALL PROBABLY GOES MORE TO THE RIGHT AS YOU LOOK AT THE SCREEN NOT LEAVING A SHOT ONTHE 4 (7?)
at the computer its tough for me to tell the distance the 15 will travel
wwad.jpg

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I'm in agreement with this approach also, it's not that hard of a shot to execute if you commit to it.

Now another question: Would you adjust your strategy here if you both needed 2 balls?