S. Daulton vs. L. Gay 2001 D.C.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S. Daulton vs. L. Gay 2001 D.C.C.

Shannon is down 4-3 and it's his shot. What would you do?

The general consensus is that he's corner-hooked on the 13 ball.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sd0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	405625

Name:	sd1.png
Size:	319.9 KB
ID:	405626

Name:	sd3.jpg
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	405627

Name:	sd4.jpg
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	405628

Knowing Shannon's comfort with jacking up, I think he'll demi-masse to the inside of the 16, off the rail down on the 15.

Comment

Originally posted by petie View Post
      Knowing Shannon's comfort with jacking up, I think he'll demi-masse to the inside of the 16, off the rail down on the 15.
      Tap the 12 in the side pocket and freeze whitey behind/on the 15 (or is that the 10?)

Comment

I have no idea what Shannon would do, but if it's laying the way it looks to me, I'd try to roll the 10 in. Gay might not be able to nibble from there because the 15-9's almost wired.

Comment

I think a masse is in order here to try to hit one of those two balls near the pocket. From the pictures of the cue ball position it looks very doable. I wouldn't want another ball on the spot.
          At worse he gives up those two balls and maybe no more.

Comment

6-rail version of the Diliberto 4-railer!
            "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
              Tap the 12 in the side pocket and freeze whitey behind/on the 15 (or is that the 10?)
              Good Eye !
              Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
              (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Why not go one rail just missing the 8 with a little high left spin and push 15 ball? off end rail towards 13 ball? - I believe a masse shot here is to tough to have any control. Beat me down if you disagree.

Comment

S. Daulton vs. L. Gay 2001 D.C.C.

Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post

My first thought also. 👍
                  Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

I think you can go two or three rails into the 13 and move it to your side

Comment

If I thought I could shoot the 10ball and snooker him that would be my first choice, if not then I would take an intentional, he figures to take one back then I would push to the top rail where the chalk is positioned and leave him straight in on the 13ball. That's my strategy and imo i'll give up two balls but my opponent will still be on four and i'll try to win from there.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                        If I thought I could shoot the 10ball and snooker him that would be my first choice, if not then I would take an intentional, he figures to take one back then I would push to the top rail where the chalk is positioned and leave him straight in on the 13ball. That's my strategy and imo i'll give up two balls but my opponent will still be on four and i'll try to win from there.

Dr. Bill
                        Its a pretty good plan.. the only thing you would have to sweat is if decides to play the 13 rail first ( which I would try it) he could get shape on the 15 and possibly get out on you.
                        Rolling the 10 ball in could be real tricky and you could easily leave him the 13 and if you did he would get to 7 and have a bank for the win. If I thought I could definitely hook him (95 %) I would roll the 10 in..If I thought I could kick and take an intentional and below or behind the 13 ball i would probably shoot it

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                          I think you can go two or three rails into the 13 and move it to your side
                          how would you do that??

Comment

I too like the intentional, but it appears SD can bank the 15 into the 13, clear em both to his side and come 4 rails back near his starting position.
                            Bill Meacham
                            WBT
                            www.worldbilliardtour.com
                            no link....

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
                              Its a pretty good plan.. the only thing you would have to sweat is if decides to play the 13 rail first ( which I would try it) he could get shape on the 15 and possibly get out on you.
                              Rolling the 10 ball in could be real tricky and you could easily leave him the 13 and if you did he would get to 7 and have a bank for the win. If I thought I could definitely hook him (95 %) I would roll the 10 in..If I thought I could kick and take an intentional and below or behind the 13 ball i would probably shoot it
                              I looked at the kick behind the 13ball and didn't think it was there. If it's there then it's not by much.

I understand that I would give up a rail first kick on the 13ball if I chose my plan on taking the intentional and then pushing to the rail by the chalk, however, the kick on the 13ball is no hanger, would you agree?

Lets look at it this way. Do you believe the kick on the 13ball is a more difficult shot than the the kick to get behind the 13ball is ? If you answered yes than I would push to the chalk.

Set up both shots before you give me an answer, thx.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X