Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD - Eddie Taylor vs Marshall Carpenter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
    The only shot I can see for me is to kick at the 3 and drive it to a rail, or not. Either way, live to fight another day.


    [ATTACH]14315[/ATTACH]
    I shot this 2 times to get the feel, then out of 10 shots I hit it 8 times. scratched cleanly 1, miscued 1 {went over the top of the cue ball lol, and hit it a little too hard and sold out a possible cut shot .
    I was amazed by the fact that every time I hit the ball even though the edge of the 3 was even with the pocket edge and out 1/8th of an inch , my cueball kept freezing to the inner facing or just off it and behind the 3 every time?
    I would not have thought that was possible but hitting that second rail is sending the cueball forward enough to keep from scratching.
    I am going back down later and see if this was a fluke , or if I can do it this well again later.
    I sure wish I shot as good as I kick. Thanks Grady.
    So, I lost 2 games for sure , probably 3 and the other 7 they had to move the 3 ball or take a foul.
    This is the right shot for me.
    I tried the bank and made it once out of 10. then moved the 3 ball out trying to bank it after hitting the bottom rail.
    Went downstairs again , first 10 I hit 5 shots perfect, 3 too hard 1 a ball short but safe and 1 scratch, second 10 shots , 8 safe 1 short still safe 1 too hard and sold out.
    Last edited by Billy Jackets; 03-19-2016, 08:44 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      i tried the bank and had trouble drawing to the side rail and making the bank
      the few times i made the bank (very few the cue ball would hit about the first diamond on the short rail from the pocket i was banking to
      i also had the balls alittle more off the cushion.....
      for me i would need to practice this ALOT to give it any real thought in a match
      the kick at the three is probably the shot for me

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by lll View Post
        i tried the bank and had trouble drawing to the side rail and making the bank
        the few times i made the bank (very few the cue ball would hit about the first diamond on the short rail from the pocket i was banking to
        i also had the balls alittle more off the cushion.....
        for me i would need to practice this ALOT to give it any real thought in a match
        the kick at the three is probably the shot for me
        Larry, I also had trouble drawing to the side rail while making the bank. Try the 4-railer with the CB on the natural bank, and see what you think. The way it lays on the diagram is a natural.

        ~Doc

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by John Brumback View Post
          I hope you do. I might learn something from it too.

          It just don't look right to me in this pic John B.
          John, set up the bank on your table. Neither ball is frozen to the rail. I bet you make it 3 out of 5 times.

          ~Doc

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
            Larry, I also had trouble drawing to the side rail while making the bank. Try the 4-railer with the CB on the natural bank, and see what you think. The way it lays on the diagram is a natural.

            ~Doc
            yes doc
            4 railing the cue ball
            i could HIT IT
            it was much more natural...

            Comment


            • #36
              I'm curious how many times out of ten you guys who are not John Brumback, are making the bank?
              I don't see me making it more than 2 or 3 out of ten , even if I practiced it several hours.

              Comment


              • #37
                I want to apologize, I did have it wrong on the original layout (terrible memory). I asked Marshall tonight and he set it up for me.

                Eddie banked the upper ball, drew the cue ball twice across to land down on the bottom rail to bank the lower ball.

                Marshall said he hammered it in, hit it hard and fast.



                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                  I want to apologize, I did have it wrong on the original layout (terrible memory).
                  That does it.

                  I'm boycottin'.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                    I want to apologize, I did have it wrong on the original layout (terrible memory). I asked Marshall tonight and he set it up for me.
                    Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                    That does it.

                    I'm boycottin'.
                    Me too.

                    RBL

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                      That does it.

                      I'm boycottin'.


                      So much drama these days. I hate drama.

                      We'll all be watching you guys slug it out next month in Houston. Wish I could bring Marshall, but he'll definitely be watching.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by 1pwannabe View Post
                        Wish I could bring Marshall, but he'll definitely be watching.
                        Yeah, I wish you could too. I'd really like to meet both of you.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          The bank looks too hard for me. I would elevate the back of my cue a bit and ram the 13 in the 3, trying to pinch it on the rail and get both balls out and maybe jumping one of the object balls off the table.

                          There is an element of luck required here, but you are in a bad spot and have to be creative. I have been watching T-Rex for the last couple weeks and am getting froggy. WATCH OUT HOUSTON.
                          JOHN HENDERSON
                          Al Romero Cue
                          Magic Chalk

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                            The bank looks too hard for me. I would elevate the back of my cue a bit and ram the 13 in the 3, trying to pinch it on the rail and get both balls out and maybe jumping one of the object balls off the table.

                            There is an element of luck required here, but you are in a bad spot and have to be creative. I have been watching T-Rex for the last couple weeks and am getting froggy. WATCH OUT HOUSTON.
                            It's really not as hard as it looks, and if the CB doesn't hit the 3ball you'll probably get below it. I made it the first time I shot it about 17/18 years ago.
                            Rod.

                            Rodney Stephens.
                            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by androd View Post
                              It's really not as hard as it looks, and if the CB doesn't hit the 3ball you'll probably get below it. I made it the first time I shot it about 17/18 years ago.
                              Hey little buddy,that reminds me,I shot this for a few min. the other day and every time I made it,I got under the 3 ball. I was rusty and only made it about 2 out of 10 tho Skipper

                              PS: a little low left ( mostly left tho) english is how I try to hit it.
                              Click here to order the DVD
                              Click here to order JB shirts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X