Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
    Yes, he then 2-railed the 8.
    My shot isn't any good either... for me. Works great when I hit it perfect, but that doesn't happen often enough. Needs a ton of 9 o'clock to avoid the side pocket, then has to be perfect speed to get the 11 behind those balls and CB not past the 15 enough to leave a decent shot.
    Last edited by LSJohn; 04-06-2016, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Serious question here
      Why not slow bank the 11 1 diamond above Martinez pocket and leave cueball almost where the 11 was?

Martinez would have do or die 2 railer on the 11. Other then that has to protect
      against leaving a cross over bank.

I know it isn't sexxy but it is something efren might do.

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
        Serious question here
        Why not slow bank the 11 1 diamond above Martinez pocket and leave cueball almost where the 11 was?

Martinez would have do or die 2 railer on the 11. Other then that has to protect
        against leaving a cross over bank.

I know it isn't sexxy but it is something efren might do.
        If Efren shot the 11 away and left the cueball where it was then Martinez would shoot the 6 and/or 8 away. Efren needed 3 and probably didn't want to remove them from his quadrant.

Even if Efren had hit the 6 with perfect speed and put it on the rail above the 8 Martinez could just remove the 11 and put the cueball behind the 8.

He simply doesn't always know the shot in the endgame.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Dennis View Post
          If Efren shot the 11 away and left the cueball where it was then Martinez would shoot the 6 and/or 8 away.

Dennis
          I am saying move the 11 To 1 diamond above martinez pocket.
          Would make it hard to move the 6/8 and not leave a 1 railer for efren.

Comment

Why not just kick in the 11 and see what you get for shape on a bank shot.

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
              I am saying move the 11 To 1 diamond above martinez pocket.
              Would make it hard to move the 6/8 and not leave a 1 railer for efren.
              Sorry, I misunderstood your shot. Is this it? If so and Efren shot it Martinez would cut the 11 uptable and leave the cueball behind the 6 and 8. Efren would have one less ball down there and he needs three.

Click image for larger version

Name:	er69.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	391868

Many players are extremely reluctant to move pocketable balls near their pocket even to the point of losing the game trying to leave them there.

You have to be ready to clear your own balls if necessary and try to get them down there again.

Dennis

Comment

Didn't realize Martinez looked so much like Incardona.

Comment

Originally posted by philwelch View Post
                  Didn't realize Martinez looked so much like Incardona.
                  That's odd, he always reminds me of this guy;

Click image for larger version

Name:	pesci.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	391870Click image for larger version

Name:	Funny How 2.png
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	391872
                  Last edited by Cowboy Dennis; 04-07-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by petie View Post
                    Why not just kick in the 11 and see what you get for shape on a bank shot.
                    I can't see a downside to kicking at the 11 petie, harder to miss it than make it, especially the way he kicks.
                    I would have kicked at it for sure, side rail then off foot rail. Don't know why he didn't shoot at it, looks like a hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                      I can't see a downside to kicking at the 11 petie, harder to miss it than make it, especially the way he kicks.
                      I would have kicked at it for sure, side rail then off foot rail. Don't know why he didn't shoot at it, looks like a hanger.
                      I am surprised he didnt Kick the 11 also.

I think 1 rail is better then 2 on this kick. Less chance to lose whitey.

Comment

I also think the kick would have been the best shot here.

This is interesting in that it shows how skewed the pictures can be, I would have sworn that you couldn't reach any part of the left side of the 6 without jumping or a masse.

tree

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
                          The kick on the 11 is no good for one simple reason (besides it's too far off the rail to be a "hanger"; You could easily sell out a bank to a person who only needs 2 balls.

Dennis
                          Last edited by Cowboy Dennis; 04-06-2016, 11:59 PM.

Comment

yea too far off the rail, and why kick here for one ball, or lose the game if you are off a little bit.

no one commented on my snuggle the ball to the 8. it keeps him from now getting your balls up table and you getting a better spot to leave him with all your out balls still there.
                            as long as he tickys with you.

i really dont like any offensive shot here.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                              yea too far off the rail, and why kick here for one ball, or lose the game if you are off a little bit.

no one commented on my snuggle the ball to the 8. it keeps him from now getting your balls up table and you getting a better spot to leave him with all your out balls still there.
                              as long as he tickys with you.

i really dont like any offensive shot here.
                              With the 11 and 6 there I don't particularly like putting the cueball between the 8 and the rail. Simple to leave a shot unless it comes out perfect.

All in all, unless Frank's shot was available (tough to tell), I would two-rail the 11 near my uptable corner for a possible future bank. Martinez would shoot away another ball and the game would go on.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                                This might work.
                                [ATTACH]14505[/ATTACH]
                                Damn, somehow I missed seeing this earlier. I think that is definitely the shot. I tried similar several times with more spin to catch Raphael's long rail short of the side and go toward the other corner, and that was tricky. Less spin makes it easier to control.

Comment

Working...
                                X