R. Martinez vs. E. Reyes

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Reyes is down 6-5 and it's his shot. What would you do?

Sidenote: Both commentators feel there is room for Efren to bank the 6 ball to his side of the table above the 8 and send cueball uptable but he cannot bank it to his pocket. Hard to see on the pics. I'll take their word for it.

er11.jpg

er33.jpg

er22.jpg

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Kick 1 rail softly into the 11 ball moving it towards your hole, making it is secondary and isn't the goal.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Try it with 4:30 you'll like it.
P.S. Very loose grip.

If I try to reach 4:30 that close to the rail I KNOW I'll screw it up, but 3:30 worked fine. Half inch more off the rail I can do 4:30, and it's better.

Thanks.

(I use a lot of inside english, but I've been tryin' to quit ever since I found out CJ recommends it.) :heh

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Reyes is down 6-5 and it's his shot. What would you do?

Sidenote: Both commentators feel there is room for Efren to bank the 6 ball to his side of the table above the 8 and send cueball uptable but he cannot bank it to his pocket. Hard to see on the pics. I'll take their word for it.

View attachment 14501

View attachment 14502

View attachment 14503

Try it with 4:30 you'll like it.
P.S. Very loose grip.

the cue ball is close to the rail
how do you get to 4:30???:confused:

baby huey

Verified Member
I like the "Barbers" shot but I'm not sure you can execute the bank and hold the cue ball up table. Another shot is to use the short rail to bank the stripe back to your hole and you might run into the six and eight balls so as to cluster them by your hole and get the cue ball up table, hopefully snookering Martinez.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I would have banked the 11 also like John mentioned but anytime I shoot this shot if I can, I am using hitting it straight 12 o'clock, maybe even 12:30 but I like high ball on these banks.

Dennis, what did Martinez do, cut the 6 and go 1 rail and run into the 8?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I would have banked the 11 also like John mentioned but anytime I shoot this shot if I can, I am using hitting it straight 12 o'clock, maybe even 12:30 but I like high ball on these banks.

Dennis, what did Martinez do, cut the 6 and go 1 rail and run into the 8?

The reason I would choose the inside spinner is that I want whitey across table from that up table stripe, and straight high risks leaving it in the shooting zone.

If leave or position aren't considerations, I like it bestwith center ball, maybe a little high. I'm still experimenting with Rod's 4:30 suggestion

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yes, he then 2-railed the 8.

My shot isn't any good either... for me. Works great when I hit it perfect, but that doesn't happen often enough. Needs a ton of 9 o'clock to avoid the side pocket, then has to be perfect speed to get the 11 behind those balls and CB not past the 15 enough to leave a decent shot.

Last edited:

unoperro

Verified Member
Serious question here
Why not slow bank the 11 1 diamond above Martinez pocket and leave cueball almost where the 11 was?

Martinez would have do or die 2 railer on the 11. Other then that has to protect
against leaving a cross over bank.

I know it isn't sexxy but it is something efren might do.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Serious question here
Why not slow bank the 11 1 diamond above Martinez pocket and leave cueball almost where the 11 was?

Martinez would have do or die 2 railer on the 11. Other then that has to protect
against leaving a cross over bank.

I know it isn't sexxy but it is something efren might do.

If Efren shot the 11 away and left the cueball where it was then Martinez would shoot the 6 and/or 8 away. Efren needed 3 and probably didn't want to remove them from his quadrant.

Even if Efren had hit the 6 with perfect speed and put it on the rail above the 8 Martinez could just remove the 11 and put the cueball behind the 8.

He simply doesn't always know the shot in the endgame.

Dennis

unoperro

Verified Member
If Efren shot the 11 away and left the cueball where it was then Martinez would shoot the 6 and/or 8 away.

Dennis

I am saying move the 11 To 1 diamond above martinez pocket.
Would make it hard to move the 6/8 and not leave a 1 railer for efren.