Book: "Winning One Pocket" on E-Bay

Dave Mackay

Verified Member
[ame]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7246499337[/ame]

This ones a bit cheaper, there seems to be a few about at the moment!!!!!

Smorgass Bored

Verified Member
From
Tampa
Dave Mackay said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7246499337

This ones a bit cheaper, there seems to be a few about at the moment!!!!!

That's true, but the bidding is still going on for that copy and the final price hasn't been determined yet,while the other has a B.I.N. (Buy It Now) price of $275.
I wasn't cruising e-bay,but rather, I saw the link to W.O.P. on RSB and simply moved it over here to an appropriate group. I already have copies of W.O.P. and S.M. & S.
Doug
(just thought someone here might be interested in a head's up on W.O.P.)

Dave Mackay

Verified Member
Hi Doug,

there was a low price buy it now about $225 but someone has placed a bid since my post and so it has gone DOH!!! i wonder if they read it on here?

Dave

100andout

Verified Member
From
FL/PA
Is there some profound 1 pocket knowledge in those 2 books, or are they expensive because they are hard to find?.......BTW, anyone got a copy for sale!:D

Gerry

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Thanks Fellas

Thanks Fellas

Smorgass Bored said:
That's true, but the bidding is still going on for that copy and the final price hasn't been determined yet,while the other has a B.I.N. (Buy It Now) price of $275.
I wasn't cruising e-bay,but rather, I saw the link to W.O.P. on RSB and simply moved it over here to an appropriate group. I already have copies of W.O.P. and S.M. & S.
Doug
(just thought someone here might be interested in a head's up on W.O.P.)
Thanks Dave Mackay and Smorgas bored, I won the one Dave posted, cannot believe it. Paid $198.01, it was hard to believe no one else bid on it. I forgot to check last night at the end of the bidding and thought today when I checked I for sure lost but lo and behold, not so. So thanks, I think that price is reasonable.

Smorgass Bored

Verified Member
From
Tampa
suki said:
Thanks Dave Mackay and Smorgas bored, I won the one Dave posted, cannot believe it. Paid $198.01, it was hard to believe no one else bid on it. I forgot to check last night at the end of the bidding and thought today when I checked I for sure lost but lo and behold, not so. So thanks, I think that price is reasonable.

Congratulations, I think the book is great. After you've memorized it and sucked it dry, you might put it back on E-bay and recoup your $198.01
Doug

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
I have a better idea

I have a better idea

Smorgass Bored said:
Congratulations, I think the book is great. After you've memorized it and sucked it dry, you might put it back on E-bay and recoup your $198.01
Doug
I will just rent it out at my poolroom.. he he he

runonce

100andout said:
Is there some profound 1 pocket knowledge in those 2 books, or are they expensive because they are hard to find?.......BTW, anyone got a copy for sale!:D

Gerry
I wonder if it matters if there are multiple editions, which editions everyone is talking about? I see on ebay, right now, that first editions of both are for sale. Were there 2nd editions?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
runonce said:
I wonder if it matters if there are multiple editions, which editions everyone is talking about? I see on ebay, right now, that first editions of both are for sale. Were there 2nd editions?
There was a second edition of Winning One Pocket. The first edition had some printer/formatting errors that caused -- for one thing -- just about all of the fractional descriptions to get dropped. There was an extensive error sheet that went out with the first edition. Those errors were fixed, and he revised and expanded some of the text for the second printing.

He, or someone close to him, still occasionally lists stray copies on eBay when he is able to re-acquire them. Also, some of the issues on eBay have slight imperfections (I have one, and don't see anything wrong), which is why they were left over from the original sales.