Hard Times, Sacramento Markulis Memorial 9Ball

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I know it's not one pocket, but some top players competing for Mosconi Cup points.

8th Annual Chuck Markulis Memorial 9Ball at Hard Times, Sacramento 13, 14 & 15th. 10k added Mosconi Cup points event. Top three Mosconi Cup point leaders competing - Rodney Morris, Mike Dechaine, Oscar Dominguez. Also in the house last night, Mike Massey, T-Rex Tony Chohan, Mika Immonen & Amar Kang. Streamed on two tables, starts approx 1pm & players list posted later today.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hard-times-tournaments

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Hard Times Billiards Sacramento, CA

Hard Times Billiards Sacramento, CA

8th Annual Chuck Markulis Memorial Tournament results:
78 players🎭Hard Times added $10,000🎭🎭
78*$95=$7,410 +$10,000=$17,410
1 Vilmos Foldes $4,200
2 Rodney Morris $3,000
3 Amar Kang $2,000
4 Tony Chohan $1,500
5 Oscar Dominguez $1,000
6 Skippy Nikakis $1,000
7 Francis Ritarita $665
8 Rudy Estoque $665
9 Carl Wilson $375
10 Hunter Lombardo $375
11 Jason Williams $375
12 Ernesto Dominguez $375
13 Jamie Bruce $220
14 Tyler Tallant $220
15 Jaynard Orque $220
16 Jon Henson $220
17 Jeff Gregory $125
18 Jeff Heath $125
19 Dan Louie $125
20 Fach Garcia $125
21 Dave Hemmah $125
22 Tommy Soria $125
23 Zalde Rosaluna $125
24 Tim Larson $125
totaling $17,410

baby huey

Verified Member
John, you relocated to a great part of California for action, good pool rooms and tournaments. Its much better in NoCal than SoCal. Great reporting job and keeping us updated on One Pocket.Org. I watched the stream a lot this weekend.

thanks

keoneyo

Verified Member
I wish my homeboy Rodney Morris would take up one pocket. His cue ball and pocketing ability is just powerful. I guess he just doesnt find enough money in it on the tournament circuit. With a family I understand his reasons.
I once played him in a tournament at Hard Times north. He told me "take it easy on me, I dont play the game". I always got the first shot on him but when he got a shot it was EIGHT AND OUT.
He did that to me 3 games in a row.
He is such a talent.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I wish my homeboy Rodney Morris would take up one pocket. His cue ball and pocketing ability is just powerful. I guess he just doesnt find enough money in it on the tournament circuit. With a family I understand his reasons.
I once played him in a tournament at Hard Times north. He told me "take it easy on me, I dont play the game". I always got the first shot on him but when he got a shot it was EIGHT AND OUT.
He did that to me 3 games in a row.
He is such a talent.

Yes indeed, I saw him play a little at the derby this year but maybe it was in the bank tournament and not the 1p, I cant remember as I was just warming up on a table near him. But he has always had a lot of talent that's for sure! We can always use more 1 pocket players so maybe one day he will decide to play it more.

And even better yet, maybe some day there will more money in the game/tournaments that will cause it to make more sense for players to want to play it more :)

povpool

Verified Member
From
Studio City, CA
Hendy, I really appreciated you being there to provide commentary for the event. It was a pleasure to hear both you and Jeff Gregory step in to interview the various guests who were walking by. Nice to hear from Mika, Chohan, Marcelino and more... I can't tell you how much better it is to watch the 'Chuck' with you on the mic.

Thank You, also for the few plugs and mentions of the 'West Coast Swing' events coming up in July. Thanks to your help, it's going to be a great month for pool on the west coast. I will be providing a entrants list for each event in the beginning of June. It appears that a couple of players are coming in from Colorado and also Ike Runnels from Chicago are coming to play the big One-Pocket event on July 6th-8th. We are also confirmed that Bustamante will be playing the first 4 stops of the West Coast Swing and will also be joining us in Las Vegas to matchup with Tony Chohan for a 3-day event on July 19th to play One-Pocket.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Both came up from SoCal.

The Chuck Memorial has always had the Southern California players make he pilgrimage. Usually 10-15 players. Chuck was very well liked and always 100% payouts.

Dan usually makes it to Hard Times annual tournaments. Lots of players came before and after the Bar Box tournament in Reno (in Las Vegas now)

Lombardo and Hemmah are still around? Must have come over from SF. And what was Dan Louie doing there? It's a long drive from Seattle...:D

~Doc