Thanks for my 15 minutes.

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
I rarely post on the forum but when i do it is the truth, sometimes even about other people, which makes me a honest guy with a big mouth. That why i do not post much.

I am proud of my "VERY FEW" positive outcomes in one hole and pool, and on paper i may have looked good in a couple of tournaments, but my speed this weekend did not reflect that, nor is it at that same level at this point
do to the whole family and life thing.

I was not going to play in this thing, i was just going to come and try and get into action because that is all i know, and because we do not have any one hole events within 500 miles of me.
I am very happy that i played for a few reasons.

1st: the caliber of the players was top notch. I was pleasantly surprised that i was totally out matched by at least half the field, and on par with the rest.
I knew there was a whole lot of great one pocket players that i have not yet got to see until this weekend, and it was a memory i will never forget.

2nd: THE ACTION which i did not get enough of because the players my speed thought i was some monster because i never got to play Scott or Shane at the 07' Derby, which if i did have to play them i would have got 257th place, and
i would have only gone for $50 in the Calcutta, and the players better than me would have gladly took my stake horse's money if they was not winning the tourney.

3rd: The mystery of finding out what face goes with what screen name, and meeting everyone that shares my passion of one hole. I am not a social person until i get to know you and this weekend started that process for a few.
I wish i could have talked to more but i was to busy trying to size y'all up so we can match up, that is a fault that i am slowly getting away from the older i get and the weaker my game gets.
I just hope i can be half as good as the 2 guys that put me out when im here ages. I got to talk to Jeff sat. before i left i told him if i would have known that he was an old school 9ball monster i would have play a totally
different style. It was awesome to see his and Mr. Newkirks aggressive games up close and personal like that i know i learned something in both sets. "DON'T LET THEM SEE ANYTHING"

Thanks to all that made this happened, special thanks the Col. Bille Miller for everything from practice to room and board, and staking. Also my buddy Mr. Tom(my other stake horse). Also Jim(jtompilot) for giving me his spot.

I do have some constructive criticism about the tourney, i think we should have played more matches Friday because 95% of us were there and it was early enough after 1st round, may have helped with time on Sunday. It may have been a
bad rumor but i thought the $30 green fee aloud us free pool time Fri. thru sun. for practice and matching up, i would pay a little extra green fee for that option. I like little side things like one hole ghost high run for the day,
and overall winner for weekend. A challenge table $20 to $40 a game winner stays, we went to Buffalos Thursday night and did this it was fun, Disco Dave, Me, Col. Bille, Grey Ghost, Our Calcutta, and commentator Jason "Buffalo" Hunt,
and some locals. I know that i would have lost to the monsters eventfully but i did not understand why we had to draw numbers if you was putting us in a program that mixes us up already, that top bracket was TOUGH!! Again im not
trying to take anything from anybody y'all did a GREAT job on a GREAT event. Tournament Director that is not playing would help to, did not get to talk to them unless it was about where and when i play.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Nice to meet you Jason and look forward to seeing more posts from you especially in the WWYD's we have on the site. I personally love seeing what different players would do in the same situation. Its a great learning tool for all of us and I think you could be a great contributor to this.

Also, I love the idea of an "action" table where the winner stays in and you just put your name on a board or something and follow a rotation as long as we have enough to keep the tourney running smoothly.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I rarely post on the forum but when i do it is the truth, sometimes even about other people, which makes me a honest guy with a big mouth. That why i do not post much.

I am proud of my "VERY FEW" positive outcomes in one hole and pool, and on paper i may have looked good in a couple of tournaments, but my speed this weekend did not reflect that, nor is it at that same level at this point

I was not going to play in this thing, i was just going to come and try and get into action because that is all i know, and because we do not have any one hole events within 500 miles of me.

1st: the caliber of the players was top notch. I was pleasantly surprised that i was totally out matched by at least half the field, and on par with the rest.
I knew there was a whole lot of great one pocket players that i have not yet got to see until this weekend, and it was a memory i will never forget.

2nd: THE ACTION which i did not get enough of because the players my speed thought i was some monster because i never got to play Scott or Shane at the 07' Derby, which if i did have to play them i would have got 257th place, and
i would have only gone for $50 in the Calcutta, and the players better than me would have gladly took my stake horse's money if they was not winning the tourney.

3rd: The mystery of finding out what face goes with what screen name, and meeting everyone that shares my passion of one hole. I am not a social person until i get to know you and this weekend started that process for a few.
I wish i could have talked to more but i was to busy trying to size y'all up so we can match up, that is a fault that i am slowly getting away from the older i get and the weaker my game gets.
I just hope i can be half as good as the 2 guys that put me out when im here ages. I got to talk to Jeff sat. before i left i told him if i would have known that he was an old school 9ball monster i would have play a totally
different style. It was awesome to see his and Mr. Newkirks aggressive games up close and personal like that i know i learned something in both sets. "DON'T LET THEM SEE ANYTHING"

Thanks to all that made this happened, special thanks the Col. Bille Miller for everything from practice to room and board, and staking. Also my buddy Mr. Tom(my other stake horse). Also Jim(jtompilot) for giving me his spot.

I do have some constructive criticism about the tourney, i think we should have played more matches Friday because 95% of us were there and it was early enough after 1st round, may have helped with time on Sunday. It may have been a
bad rumor but i thought the $30 green fee aloud us free pool time Fri. thru sun. for practice and matching up, i would pay a little extra green fee for that option. I like little side things like one hole ghost high run for the day,
and overall winner for weekend. A challenge table $20 to $40 a game winner stays, we went to Buffalos Thursday night and did this it was fun, Disco Dave, Me, Col. Bille, Grey Ghost, Our Calcutta, and commentator Jason "Buffalo" Hunt,
and some locals. I know that i would have lost to the monsters eventfully but i did not understand why we had to draw numbers if you was putting us in a program that mixes us up already, that top bracket was TOUGH!! Again im not
trying to take anything from anybody y'all did a GREAT job on a GREAT event. Tournament Director that is not playing would help to, did not get to talk to them unless it was about where and when i play.

Glad we got to meet you Jason. You played very well, and the fact that the two guys who beat you were Jeff and Robert doesn't mean we had you over-rated (although I actually do take your word for it that we did.)

I agree with you about Friday night. Rather than simply scheduling matches, I gave everyone the option of playing again Friday night and I got no takers. I wish we had said ahead of time that we'd play two rounds Friday night, but what held us back was knowing that at least two matches would be two rounds behind by Saturday morning. Those two matches, even as it was, delayed every match that flowed from them throughout the 1-loss side, and that delay didn't get washed out until we got to the final four.

If we were to do the same thing again with the same number of players and tables, I think we should make two matches Friday night mandatory. As it was this time, I didn't want to prevent anyone who had to work Friday and travel from being able to participate.

You are a 100% right about needing a dedicated TD who isn't playing and knows wtf he's doing. I was confused at times when I shouldn't have been.

Anyway, overall, I'm REALLY glad we did it, I had a ball, and despite some scheduling that made it especially difficult for a few players, it went about as smoothly as we could have hoped for given that it was a first attempt with very little professional help.

Hope to see you at the Derby, if not before.

Oh, btw, I should mention that a lot of the guys just jumped in to help keeping results posted and next matches started while I was playing or otherwise distracted.John Crabb -- crabcatjohn -- was especially helpful. Thanks to everyone who pitched in.

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

sent you a PM padna'.....
;)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Hi Jason, sorry i wasn't around much prior to the tournament to get you in stroke. I'm sure I wouldn't have helped you against Jeff, that man shoots too good.

Let's get together soon

Jim

InTheCloudzzz

Verified Member
From
Meridian, MS
What's up Jason? Been a while. I hope to get back down to the coast within next few months. I'm currently deployed but will be back soon otherwise I'd of definitely been there for this tournament. Sounds like it was a great time had by all. I hope to be able to make next year's regardless of where it's at.

Ryan

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
Ryan you would have loved this event, there was some great players and really nice people in this group. For you and me being one pocket nuts it was, THE STONE COLD NUTS for all your one pocket needs. I'm a early riser and I like to play all day, instead of all night, and I could not beat the crowd to the poolroom, no matter what time I got there everybody was already in action, an average of 5 tables every morning going at it. even though I left early because of how bad I was playing and I thought I was not going to get any action after being knocked out of tourney by two monsters. I should have stayed and watched some of the final matches, and got to know some of the other players. They are on the internet somewhere, I payed for 30 days and will try and go watch them, but I know you can find them.

The only action I got was a loud mouth wanna be pool hustler who thought he had a sucker, that is not associated with this group, he came with the streamer(who was awesome), but he did do a good job on Calcutta with his gift of the gab. Also a really nice guy that owns the pool hall Bogies in Houston, he asked me to play 9ball after we played 1P and I said "what is 9ball?" I wish I would have got to play at least ALLLLL the other players in the tourney, but that would have took till Christmas. To me this was better than the Derby, or the Tunica event because everyone there was all about one hole. The best thing to me was all the different styles from all across this country. Also if you go to this your only out a fraction of money it takes to go to the bigger event.

When you get home we need to spar since you are the only player FROM within 300 miles of us that don't need THE NUTS when you play.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Ryan you would have loved this event, there was some great players and really nice people in this group. For you and me being one pocket nuts it was, THE STONE COLD NUTS for all your one pocket needs. I'm a early riser and I like to play all day, instead of all night, and I could not beat the crowd to the poolroom, no matter what time I got there everybody was already in action, an average of 5 tables every morning going at it. even though I left early because of how bad I was playing and I thought I was not going to get any action after being knocked out of tourney by two monsters. I should have stayed and watched some of the final matches, and got to know some of the other players. They are on the internet somewhere, I payed for 30 days and will try and go watch them, but I know you can find them.

The only action I got was a loud mouth wanna be pool hustler who thought he had a sucker, that is not associated with this group, he came with the streamer(who was awesome), but he did do a good job on Calcutta with his gift of the gab. Also a really nice guy that owns the pool hall Bogies in Houston, he asked me to play 9ball after we played 1P and I said "what is 9ball?" I wish I would have got to play at least ALLLLL the other players in the tourney, but that would have took till Christmas. To me this was better than the Derby, or the Tunica event because everyone there was all about one hole. The best thing to me was all the different styles from all across this country. Also if you go to this your only out a fraction of money it takes to go to the bigger event.

When you get home we need to spar since you are the only player FROM within 300 miles of us that don't need THE NUTS when you play.

Glad you enjoyed it Jason. I wish we'd had more time to get acquainted.

Looks like a safe bet to pencil you in as a definite participant in our next one.

Will we see you at the Derby?

1 HOLE NUT

Verified Member
From
Biloxi, Ms.
Glad you enjoyed it Jason. I wish we'd had more time to get acquainted.

Looks like a safe bet to pencil you in as a definite participant in our next one.

Will we see you at the Derby?

Unfortunately most likely will not make it to the Derby, even if I have help from friends like Col. Bille which he has offered many of times, I cant swing the money for the trip, but defiantly will be at next one pocket.org event if it is close.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Do you read this Col. Bille :)

Ryan, hope you're home safe and soon, enjoyed our game last year, hope to see you soon.

InTheCloudzzz

Verified Member
From
Meridian, MS

Jason, sounds like a plan. I'm sure it'll be a few weeks after I get home before I hit a ball as my little boy and fiance will have my time booked for awhile. Even my mom has threatened to nail my feet to the ground once I get back home to MS.

Being gone for a good little while definitely helps you see what your priorities are. Of course, family is the clear cut winner as it should be but pool (obviously I'm talking about one pocket where 'real' pool is concerned) is definitely high on my priority list. I've always enjoyed our games as I feel that our "styles" are very similar.

Ryan, hope you're home safe and soon, enjoyed our game last year, hope to see you soon.

Thanks Rod, I really enjoyed playing you also. I can only hope that I shoot anywhere near your speed when I'm closer to your age. You're a pretty cool guy and next time I get in your neck of the woods, I'll definitely give you a holler whether to give it another go for a couple hrs or just to BS some (preferably both at the same time, lol).

And Col Billie, looking forward to playing some more on your table. You've got a great setup and you're a pretty damn cool guy too!

Ryan

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Ryan, glad to hear that you're heading home to Meridian, Miss.-- the birthplace of the great Jimmy Rodgers (the father of country music), and streets laid out like spaghetti.;)

Presumably there's not been much happening at Skeeter's since it changed hands awhile back. I haven't been there in over a year. But Bille's table and mine are always available. And Bille has cocktails...:D

Hope to see you one day soon.

~Doc

InTheCloudzzz

Verified Member
From
Meridian, MS
Obviously a poor judge of character. He'll beat you like a stubborn mule and laugh at you when you run out of money. :D

I've had so much practice paying off that I have faith that I can handle it, lol. And people that have seen me play end up laughing a lot of the time so that won't be anything new either!

Ryan

InTheCloudzzz

Verified Member
From
Meridian, MS
...But Bille's table and mine are always available...[/SIZE][/FONT]

Doc, if you're not careful, I'm going to take you up on your offer one of these days! It's a damn shame about Skeeter's but oh well. With offers to play on your table and Billie's, I'm good to go! Hope all is well.

Ryan