Kudos to Billy I.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Bill played a great tournament to get to the hot seat, and also played well in the initial race to 4 finals. But for one or two uncharacteristic mistakes, he'd have won that race. I didn't watch the second race, but if Bill suggested a shortened race to 2, and since the hour wasn't late, that probably indicates that his back was flaring up on him.

Congratulations to Bob O. He kept getting better as the event went on. Too bad he doesn't participate in 1p.o.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I think a congratulations to the entire field is in order. I'm very impressed by the quality of play by the Super Seniors. I hope I can play anywhere near that well when I'm 70

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Kudos to Billy I.

I think a congratulations to the entire field is in order. I'm very impressed by the quality of play by the Super Seniors. I hope I can play anywhere near that well when I'm 70

I agree as well. Thank you for the fine display, Gentlemen!!! 👍👍👍

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bill played a great tournament to get to the hot seat, and also played well in the initial race to 4 finals. But for one or two uncharacteristic mistakes, he'd have won that race. I didn't watch the second race, but if Bill suggested a shortened race to 2, and since the hour wasn't late, that probably indicates that his back was flaring up on him.

Congratulations to Bob O. He kept getting better as the event went on. Too bad he doesn't participate in 1p.o.

~Doc

Thanks Doc, I played spotty the entire tournament, had some very good games and not so good one's and at the end my game wasn't there. Played a good match against James C. and a fairly solid match against Hendy, our match was closer than the score with me winning 4-2. John needed one ball in the sixth game I needed four and they were all out of play and I won that game for the match or it would of gone to the hill with John breaking.

I enjoyed playing Christopher he plays very smart and very hard, I like playing John as well, he plays smart one pocket and he's always tough to beat. Bob O. plays very aggressive when he's behind, and plays very solid when he has the lead, he's very tough to beat because of his gambling intellect.

All in all I had a good tournament, yes i'm disappointed I believe I should of won the tournament had it not been for several ill advised shots that I shot :frus and yes I play better from the booth.:heh

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Doc, I played spotty the entire tournament, had some very good games and not so good one's and at the end my game wasn't there. Played a good match against James C. and a fairly solid match against Hendy, our match was closer than the score with me winning 4-2. John needed one ball in the sixth game I needed four and they were all out of play and I won that game for the match or it would of gone to the hill with John breaking.

I enjoyed playing Christopher he plays very smart and very hard, I like playing John as well, he plays smart one pocket and he's always tough to beat. Bob O. plays very aggressive when he's behind, and plays very solid when he has the lead, he's very tough to beat because of his gambling intellect.

All in all I had a good tournament, yes i'm disappointed I believe I should of won the tournament had it not been for several ill advised shots that I shot :frus and yes I play better from the booth.:heh

Dr. Bill

Great showing Dr. Bill, congrats again!

There was a shot you shot in your finals match vs Bob in the first set (I think the game score was 3-2 maybe) and I wish I could remember the layout but I can't. All I remember is the shot did not turn out well for you and even Hendy said while commentating that he was not sure what you were trying to do in that instance. I was going to ask your thought process behind the shot if I can find it (maybe a WWYD later down the line).

Also, there were a few times where you dug the ball out or away from Bob's hole. One in particular looked pretty deep. After watching you, this is one skill I need to get better at. You had real good CB control in all of them, nicely done.

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
Really enjoyed participating (briefly) in the tournament and watching a lot of great play. There was one shot late in the first match with Bob when Bill hit a tough combination out of the pack from his side of the table. All the balls ended up on Bob's side. The cue ball somehow made it past every ball on the table and ended up by Bill's pocket leaving him no follow up shot. It was a terrible roll that made the difference in that game and the match.

It was inspiring to see how professionally Bill handled that bad break and pressed on. I would still be whining!