Jersey Red vs. Bob Ogburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Red vs. Bob Ogburn

I've been wanting to post up a WWYD featuring Bob "Black Bart" Ogburn since his nice win at the recent Super Seniors. This one is from the 1991 Legends of One Pocket. Red has run six, and left Bob in a very tricky spot. What do you suppose he did? And what would YOU do?... ~Doc

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bob-Red 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	406200

Name:	Bob-Red 2.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	406201

I think he'll draw/bank the 14 into the 12 or 8 and leave em behind the four. Having watched him play 9 ball years back, it's a shot he's comfortable with.
    Bill Meacham
    WBT
    www.worldbilliardtour.com
    no link....

Comment

Ogburn is up against the wall for sure. He has lots of options here, but they are all pretty sad, except one. He must bank the 8 at the 6, following to the rail and rolling on the 11. If he should make the 6, lots of things might be possible.
      If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

The first thing I saw was the 8 ball bank into the 6 and hide behind the 11 like vapros suggested but depending where the 6 ends up, that 13 straight back may look awful good to Red.

Here's a shot, if it's on that could be a game winner. thin the 4 and carom the 12 to your hole. Use some RHE to hit the foot rail and spin behind those balls (11).

Comment

Jersey Red vs. Bob Ogburn

Originally posted by vapros View Post
          Ogburn is up against the wall for sure. He has lots of options here, but they are all pretty sad, except one. He must bank the 8 at the 6, following to the rail and rolling on the 11. If he should make the 6, lots of things might be possible.

Yep. My shot also. 👍
          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
            The first thing I saw was the 8 ball bank into the 6 and hide behind the 11 like vapros suggested but depending where the 6 ends up, that 13 straight back may look awful good to Red.

Here's a shot, if it's on that could be a game winner. thin the 4 and carom the 12 to your hole. Use some RHE to hit the foot rail and spin behind those balls (11).

Good eye, I missed that in favor of Vapros' shot.
            "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Looks like Bob can one rail the fourteen ball and swing the cueball three rails to the side rail by Red's pocket. This allows Bob to add a ball in play and possibly make it and get back into the game big time.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
                Looks like Bob can one rail the fourteen ball and swing the cueball three rails to the side rail by Red's pocket. This allows Bob to add a ball in play and possibly make it and get back into the game big time.
                I like this shot a lot too Jerry, considered it as my first option. The only thing that scares me is hitting the 14 full enough to bank it towards my hole while missing that side pocket scratch. If I thought I could when at the table, this may be my shot too...

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                  I think he'll draw/bank the 14 into the 12 or 8 and leave em behind the four. Having watched him play 9 ball years back, it's a shot he's comfortable with.
                  Yep, that's the shot I like, with a straight up and down angle it should be easy to draw behind the 7ball.
                  Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                  (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                    I think this was the shot also
                    Emphasis on getting behind the 7 ball maybe bank the 14 short and carom it off the 12 4 or 8 toward the hole.

Comment

Of the guys who suggest banking the 8 into the 6, would you please indicate which ball you are calling the "6", since the 6 ball is not on the table? The balls are labelled with numbers..

Presumably when the tape was transferred to DVD the color was somewhat corrupted.

~Doc

Comment

Right you are, Doc. I think I would bank the 8 ball at the green 2 ball. I think Red made the 6 ball on a 3 rail in-off shot.
                        If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry matchin View Post
                          my thought also,can I get a half of cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post

img]http://i.imgur.com/a1MDCb4.jpg[/img]
                            unless he shot this suggestion by the kid
                            me this seems the logical shot to me as suggested before

Name:	ogburn 1.jpg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	393831

Comment

I think Chris earns the cookie with carrom on the 12. A little rhe along with generous pockets and you are back in the game.

Ben
                              Last edited by Hardmix; 11-22-2016, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X