Cue Sticks

beatle

Verified Member
okay. so long before the biggest loser who lost about ten million in pool ever went to detroit or became known i got to know him a little. well we played a bunch for some ridiculous amounts way back when and even now, ive never heard of anyone playing for more per game by game. later the pros heard and started coming in there and took him off as well and ruined the spot but they didnt win like they could have.

anyway after i reached the point he wouldnt play me anymore but loved to bet with me, one day i was listening to the radio and who is on the little town's station but fats touting their breakfast omlete, the original joes. obviously he hustled a commercial out of them. i also knew since he was in this town who he was there to try to play.
so i got the coffee shop to tell me where he was staying and paid a visit. he wasnt real flush at the time and we talked a lot and of course knew many of the same people especially other than pro pool players.
so next he realized i could get him down with the action player and would put up all the money as it was a cinch to win. plus i could get a much higher starting bet than anyone else and he might not get down, but Mr.R liked playing good players for big money. so i got the game set up and moved to where all the pro players knockers hung out waiting for him, wouldnt be or would never know about it. basically a bar a few towns away.
well to end the story fats easily won and spotted him my type of spots where they are no spot at all and got all we couldwin. 8 ball.. and i had fats stall but win the first few games as mr. R would quit when ahead. a lot of players let him get ahead or lose the first time to set him up. but if he was ahead of you it wasnt easy to get him to play again.
fats was standup and gave the right count and we settled after a couple days with only a slight loss on the arm. you couldnt win big without playing on credit.
and he did eat like the stories tell.

please dont quote this post in a reply, as i may want to change it or remove after a time.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Good Eye, Fats was a generous, good hearted stand up guy.
Many don't like him but must not have known him, glad you did.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I had the wrong, negative opinion about him and his game, and I'm glad several of you here straightened me out.

John, do a search. I posted, word for word my interview of his wife/Evelyn of their life. Away from the table he was thee most giving, loving man you could imagine. He lived close too where I went to college and we became friends during the sixties, and was inside his home once, in Dowell IL.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
--i am old fashion.-- mostly play with one of two 100 year old brunswick pre titlist 26 1/2 cues converted,
or a 60's balabuska at home only. or a 1969 or close to that ebony billy stroud, or a custom i had made to look like a rambow ebony with a ring like the one fats used to have.
i always admired the fat man and later in life got to take off a giant score with him.

Tell us about the man....''away from the table''.

beatle

Verified Member
i didnt know him much at all. but what i surmised and he said it was all about helping animals especially dogs. he did all kinds of things for them in need. soft spot in my heart as well.
he also would give all the bust outs money to eat on knowing few would ever pay him back.
never heard of him beating weak players that werent hard core gamblers out of their lunch money., he stuck to beating real gamblers and mostly he stepped up to the plate and played. although he made great games for himself.
from what i saw ordering half the menu or like 3 or 4 complete breakfasts was the norm for him.
he liked ham to eat.

would love to hear more about him as he really was the father of pool creation in the world imo.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The Full Monty/Iterview with Evelyn In Dowell IL/Enjoy

The Full Monty/Iterview with Evelyn In Dowell IL/Enjoy

i didnt know him much at all. but what i surmised and he said it was all about helping animals especially dogs. he did all kinds of things for them in need. soft spot in my heart as well.
he also would give all the bust outs money to eat on knowing few would ever pay him back.
never heard of him beating weak players that werent hard core gamblers out of their lunch money., he stuck to beating real gamblers and mostly he stepped up to the plate and played. although he made great games for himself.
from what i saw ordering half the menu or like 3 or 4 complete breakfasts was the norm for him.
he liked ham to eat.

would love to hear more about him as he really was the father of pool creation in the world imo.

Evelyn/Fats Interview 2-28-96

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought you all would enjoy my interview with Ev on her life with this man. These are her exact words about her life with him. I do have video/audio of this and I'm considering duplicating them if there's enough interest.

Here's the start of the interview....

Evelyn and I chatting during setup....

Fats always looked young ev said
Jeannie was janscos wife
ev said she had good looking legs

Beginning of dialogue of her first encounter with Rudolph.

We were married for 44 years, met March 7, 1941 and married May 7, 1941
We first met in Duquoin IL
Fats had a pool room in DC during Ted Roosevelts presidency, he drove around in an open limousine to wave to his public, and never failed to drive past Fats' pool room. Everyone would go outside to see the president pass by, fats said Roosevelt had the Biggest head he had ever seen on a human. BIG Big head, fats made comments about everything, some you could repeat others you couldn't.

Where and how they first met

Fats attended a pool tournament in Chicago at Bensingers that lasted about six weeks in duration, it supposedly had two or three floors.

Now all five below are heading south from Bensingers, in separate cars.

One car had a friend of fats from DC, Earl Schreiver and his wife Ada and a little boy Phil.
Then there was Jimmy the Greek from NY not Vegas who came with Fats in his car.
150 + tournament games booked at Bensingers event and Fats won 146-148.

Fats had a NEW Buick Lasalle, last built, beautiful dark in color, black or dark blue and other couple had a Buick. They were all on their way to Hot Springs AK to go down for some R&R @ Oaklawn Race Track, pool hustlers gathering every spring for many years. timeline 1941

Hwy 51 south from Chicago, fats skidded on pavement just before arriving in Duquoin and fats banged/scratched his new car on a mail box and drove into Duquoin to see about repairs.

While in town asked he asked if there was a pool room, there was.
Went to Lloyd Reeds poolroom, half of em in there fats already knew from Bensingers
and there were big gamblers here in town.
Next it took hours to match the game before play even started. Might be odds on the money or odds on the game itself.

First game for $900 I was not there till a week later, we had not met yet, fats won that game.

They then played for days and nights so to speak.
Fats Ck'd into a hotel just around the corner from the pool room.
The money and game got bigger and bigger, and he played a local Rounder like fats all this time.
The rounder who had been in town a long time, married a Duquoin girl and raised a family, his name was Don something, not Willis. There were a few restaurants close to the poolroom so fats would go there to eat, they were not large restaurants, and Fats didn't want to miss a minute away from the pool room action.
I worked as a waitress 2-3 miles down the road from the pool room at the Evening Star.
Fats was hungry and this was Monday night and they came to the Star. We had two waitresses, myself and Irene, Mondays I had the night off and that's when they first came in. The Star had liquor and a small dance floor along with the food. Served fried chicken and barbecue every night, open during the weekend. Unless it was going to be unusually busy myself and Ruthie were the only ones who worked there. So I had a night off and they came to eat the first time. Next night I came to work and heard the staff talk etc about the big gamblers in town and tipping BIG $5 plus etc. Just to see and hear about it was BIG for the times, money was huge $2,500 a game and it makes for 'smart conversation'. So I missed seeing them. So I went back to work the next night Tue., and they had talked, Joe Skofie and Mugs owners of the Star, boy Evelyn they said about the big gamblers in town. All week long. Boy Ev you missed it.

Tue pm Fats and real young gal about 17 etc came in with fats, I was there, I was 22.
The 17 yr olds name/Ruthie who worked in town at a restaurant by the pool room, a local and had dinner in the star the night before with Fats. And during the time fats was in action, if Ruthie wanted too, fats let her drive his car around, she was a blind 17 yr old. Ev's description of youth.''''
I was the waitress and I want to tell ya something about the chicken. Ed King the chef, he made very good fried chicken. Fats Loved it, never eaten chicken in his life so good, and he told Ed King and everyone about his chicken. Fats always wanted me to cook fried chicken after that, his favorite.

Raised in NY fried chicken before refrigeration fats always thought it was supposed to taste half rotten, here in IL at the star it was perfect Fats LOVED it. Back then then kept chicken till sold.

Fats ''he liked me on sight'', his first spoken words to me were, other than the ordering of food, and he didn't make it obvious to Ruthie something was going on....''he asked me if I would go out with him that night"?, and I guess he thought he'd drop Ruthie off and double back. I had to work till 11.

I said oh ''I couldn't tonight''. I'm not dressed. There was no place to go....there didn't have to be. But I told em I could tomorrow night, and he said ok and he'd see me when I got off of work.

The next night comes, he didn't come to pick me up, the Greek his friend came to pick me up. So as we drove back to town where fats was, the Greek had his eyes on me too so he parked in front of the theatre a couple blocks from where fats was and said, what could he and I do, would I go out with him? I said well I'm dated up with Fats tonight, so I refused. So he took me on then to where fats was. Fats was in front of the pool room standing outside on the sidewalk waiting. Next, the Greek and I both got out of the car. Next fats said honey would you like to go get something to eat? I said yeah, and went to one of the restaurants that was real close. So they said would ya like to have a steak? I said yes. The way it turned out they didn't order any food either of em. We were sitting in a Big booth, me on one side all by myself, the Greek and Fats directly across on the other side of the booth....oh they fired the questions at me just as fast as I could answer.
They ordered me a steak musta been 1/4'' thick and it covered a Big dinner platter, it covered it all over, like a sheet. So
Fats asked ''honey can I cut the steak for ya'', I said ok, and he did, into small pieces. These two sat and watched me take each bite from plate to mouth up and down, like dogs at a dinner table waiting for scraps to fall....I thought ''I'm into something BIG.'' So finally we got rid of the Greek
Now its midnight, no place to go, we went straight to a hotel in Carbondale and Old hotel ck'd in as man/wife, and you know the rest of that story''. So I had a date with him the next night, then the next and the next etc. So I saw him every night for two weeks.
Two weeks into their relationship, Fats made me quit my job, he wanted me to be wherever he was.

Fats got a phone call 11 pm @ Evening Star asking for Rudolph Wanderone, it was his family in NY city, they had sent a western union wire to this area, kinda a death message his sister was a sickly person, Rosalie stepsister a little older than fats was, had respiratory problems and surgery that was a must that could of cured or helped allot. It was a kill or cure type of surgery. They told fats she survived the surgery but not much more time to live. Rosie was his pride and joy.
Fats cried like a baby, out loud, just as loud as he could, like a kid, a two yr old at the movies, he also was weepy at movies....Julie another stepsister both last names were Graf.
Fats mom was married to a man named Graf, and My name before I was married to Pat was Graff.

Fats turned from the phone crying so hard he couldn't talk. He finally said my sister is dying in NY city. He said, Evelyn would you go to NY city with me? I said, oh well I'll have to go get permission from my mother since I'm only 22 yrs old.©

Headin' to NY city/Rosalie

I threw some things in a bag and we drove as far as Indianapolis, which is about 300 miles. Stopped to sleep a little while. Got up next morning after just sleeping for a very short time, he called NY and his sister had sure enough passed away. We drove on into NY that day. We spent about two weeks there and of course we spent a couple days at his mothers home. Fats family didn't think anything about Evelyn sleeping at their home with fats even tho they were not married. Fats didn't invite me to go to the funeral, he was so broken up by everything. But I became acquainted with all his family, and then after a couple days drove about 90 miles to Philly. We never failed to stop in Philly whenever we went to NY. We had allot of friends in Philly, and philly is in NY city so....this trip took two weeks all together.

So we came back to DuQuoin and seeing each other day and night. By this time fats and the Greek, Greek didn't go to NY and he could play some pool himself, he played good by never enough to let it be known. Now they decided (fats/Greek) to not go to the Hot Springs and bath and relax and be on a health kick, instead they went to Chicago. So fats asked me ''would I go with them"? And by this time the Greek had started an affair with Irene, the girl I worked, and he asked her and she said sure I'll go. But I said Fats I couldn't go till I asked my mother. So it's eleven pm and I went to ask my mother (she was always asleep at that time if I could go to Chicago. She said NO, when you went to NY with Fats you had a good excuse, but I don't see you having any excuse and I don't want you to go ''quote'' mom. She walked outta the room and went back to bed I guess. Well fats said, you wanna get married? That was the way he proposed to me. I said, well if I go with you I'll have too. So this is Fri night 11 pm and fats stayed overnight and slept on the couch.
I sneaked outta bed real early to get a hairdo and got back before fats woke up. He got up. This was back in the years in IL, when you needed a blood test and a doctors signature of clean health before you could get and ok from to get married. But I knew everyone was going to Missouri, because there was no waiting time.
So I told fats and we went to Missouri. When we met, Rudolphs first nickname was Fats, then double smart fats ''when he pulled a good one'', and then he became triple smart, and on a bad day they would just call him fats .
So I'm driving to MO, about 60 some miles away, just across the river to Cape Girardeau. We passed a horse brook, and Fats could hear pool balls clicking. Up to ten miles it seemed. In NY city he'd just stop and listen for pool balls clicking and go there. So he said Evelyn, it's Sat afternoon now.
Its very crowded its a country town, and he says, I want to go in this pool room so drive around the block and pick me up. This was before we got married. And on the second floor of this bldg. was a justice of the peace. Fats said, I'll go up there and see what I can do about us getting married. So I drove around the block and when I got back to the meeting place fats said, ''evelyn park the car and come on up. I drove and drove and drove, it felt like I would never find a parking place. We went up and this mans office was JP's office, his name was Gus Schultz. That's a name you would never forget ya know . It was in an office, like a landing where the stairs met. We filled out a form, and told us to come back in twenty minutes and he'd marry us.©

III Priceless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we went downstairs and I had and ice cream soda and fats had lunch at the time and we went back upstairs. And the justice of the peace didn't ask for a witness or anything. He just said a few words and a prayer, which was phony if ya ever heard one . And all the time he's saying this prayer, he's looking at fat's seam in his pocket to get the money ready. Justice of the peace didn't know who Fats was at this time. And Fats knew he was watchin' his pocket, ''as burglars lift from burglars'' ya know .
Anyway, the ceremony was over, and Fats ran down the stairs, about 1/2 way down, and I said something about, ''I always thought the bride got a kiss'' when they were first married. He said, I'm sorry honey. So I caught up with him and he gave me a kiss, so were almost downstairs, and he ran downstairs, and that was the beginning of our marriage. ''And I was ALWAYS just about that far behind'' )))))))))))))) Interviewer, me, Bill M. asked, where did he get all his energy from....

Evelyn said he got his energy from his father. His father/both parents came from Switzerland. And his father was a would be gambler. He gambled at cards, not horses, he liked wrestling, he was a strong man, and they bet on Sundays. In NYC all the farmer that came from that part of Switzerland and all the countries that were together there, they showed their strength, big muscular and would hold their breath, and let some strong big fool hit em with all their might, in the chest/stomach. Fats would say, ''they'd take a Sunday on someone''. Take your best shot, was the meaning. And they bet on this activity. And another thing he/dad liked....dads name was Rudolph Wanderone.
And dad always spelled the name without the E on the end Wanderon.
Rosalie, his sister added the E on the end, she was legally still Roaslie Graf.
Fats was with his father when doing this type of activity. Fats dad thought there was No body like fats, fats was a little bittie kid. Evelyn had a pic of em at 2-3 yrs old, she said he looked like a little urchin. Fats said during those days, there were always groups gathering on the streets, whether political or otherwise in NYC. So his dad didn't care about the gatherings or the speakings, but dad would hold fat's hand and get in just the right position in the crowd, and fats dad would get up right next to a woman he didn't like the looks of and ''dad liked women''....and he would tell fats, ''piss on her''.

LOL myself and Ev....back to story....

Fats was just a little bittie kid and he would piss on her leg, fats told me this....LOL. His dad, in those foreign countries, every young man had to do for a certain period of time, Military service to be half trained in case of war springing up. His dad liked military life. He was a mercenary/soldier of fortune, part of the time, before he even came to our country, and he liked that. He had experience of going to sea, as a sailor, a would be. Not sure if he hired on as help of some kind or what. Anywho he liked being a sailor, and fats liked the water too. Dad would take fats on these trips, on a freighter to Germany/Switzerland etc, France, two or three times. Lots of gambling on the boats and Feeding of Fats. and fats knew when it was time to eat, and they fed em often each day. When that time came to eat, fats always Ran to the deck chair to be fed quickly. Fats had a passion for food and he was as big as he could get as his mother always stuffed em, so did his dad. He was a pampered kid, but didn't get by with any foolishness. His dad was strict in a way, and I don't know what he had fats do as chores, but whatever it was it Had to be the way the old man said it would be.
So dad would hire on to these boats and would be gone two or three months.
Fats mom and dad had a divorce early on in life. Dad did not remarry and had an Italian girlfriend, and he lived on the other side of the Hudson thru the Holland tunnel, I think Hoboken, and lived with her always till the time of his death. Evelyn wanted to take a break here....will talk about dads passing later on.

So Evelyn wanted to show fat's mother our marriage license. It was a simple document from MO. She looked at it real good, turned it over, there was nothing on the other side, handed it back like this and waved it and said it was a phony, ''I as interviewer asked was it phony'', evelyn said No it wasn't. But there is a reason according to fats that she said that. Fats lived with a girl named Lucy for six years before he met me, from Bowling Green KY. Fats was about five years older than I.
He and lucy went somewhere in NYC, some arcade where they would make up phony headlines in newspapers, and they had one made up with Rudolph and Lucy so and so did something big. They took the article home to Fats mother and she was foreign and believed Anything fats told her. I asked Evelyn if they had ever any children, she said ''we never even had a pregnancy''. We did not have children and were not upset about it. Question' (Kids)....did you or fats love kids ....''fats and I liked somebody else's kids pretty much the same way. We never were around children, we didn't know what being around babies was like.

Pool room in DC, lived with Lucy. So when did you move to Dowell, I lived there all my life, that's where my parents were, and they were from this area.
First years of marriage, I went with him every time the car backed out of the driveway.
We went to NY, to FL to California, TX, every place, criss cross criss cross.
Dowell, house that we called home, was redone and they started on it in April and added a pool room. Fats at the time worked for a Equipment company out of Chicago, was not brunswick at home. Was a 9 footer. Cue stick, he had all kinds of cues they were made in Carmine IL. Fats had a cue for years and had three or four of em made during his lifetime Rambow was the maker.
Fats would NOT shoot a big game without his personal cue. Fats did his own tips, he was a perfectionist. He would find cue tips and players would trade em, it was a big deal back then.
He'd find two or three he liked, no telling where, and carried those in his pocket, and every once in awhile he'd spit on em. Put it too his tongue and just barely moisten it, and that just handling it with perspiration before he'd put it on a cue. Had one butt two shafts. He had many different cases. ©
Part IV

I had a great time with her. Ev broke her hip on the way to the hairdresser in 89, that and meds slowed her up, but not her wit. She invited me to stay overnight before I headed back to CO....She also had the frig stocked and had me cook for her, I cleaned up after and we called it a night. I do have pic of her from that time, tho don't know where but somewhere.

2-28-96 Interview with Evelyn Wanderone….Dowell IL Tape #4

Fats and Eve 1st time watched Jerry Lewis telethon, in Dowell on TV, fats cried like a child watching

Fats had no checking acct then, Evelyn did, she wrote a check, any amount, or fats might write the amt

$500 to send to Jerry Lewis and Fats carried the cancelled check with him for a long time

Fats Fathers death....dad was a drinker, eve liked to drink, fats didn’t, when we visited Ev and fats dad Drank together.

Dad worked in Garment district NYC, building engineer for two or three bldgs....dad and wife didn’t live together lunchtime to visit, good food Only lunch time at 5pm shut down

Fats didn’t like Ev to drink with dad cause dad drank the strongest stuff there was, brandy beer chaser

Scotch/water Ev….ten drinks in ten minutes and they had FUN so much

Fats had lunch with Ev/dad and would pay and leave them together, and Fats would leave and go about

His business and return 2-3 hours, Dad/Ev got bombed/loaded

Dad sent Ev to a hotel in a cab cause she was so loaded

Dad went to Jersey then, public transportation, dad had no car. Next day hotel in Philly, fats was good to me and made sure I got home to visit my family at least every month or two on the train

Before the days of flying, while on train 36 hr trip to Ev’s parent home. Ev traveled with a dog often on train, and private compartment. No dog this trip.

When Ev just arrived in S. IL at mom’s Fats called to tell his father was in Hospital very ill, and call immediately, died bowell obstruction, Ev thought their heavy drinking was the cause, and fats said to stay there as the train was a long ride, and Ev always kept those thoughts about the drinking to herself

Fats never drank smoke, then Ev sent me to get her mail etc.

Split up in 1985, was easy on her, ran its course. It ended he was just like me Ev said, she had fill of him and he became nasty mouthed, nothing pleased him, he was overworked, always tired, on the go and never had any rest. Only cranky at home, never in public, foul language in front of Ev’s mother etc

Loud mouthed, mean, and Ev was the same way if he started in etc, Ev tried to be equal to his match/tried to be. She said.

Fats was always crazy about women. Remarried a gal ½ his age, Ev said he wasn’t crazy about marrying Anyone.

S Security, Ev thinks he wasn’t legally married, because after his death her income from that went way up. Etc.

TN Fats died Ev sent flowers, Fats fluzzie called and fats musta died at 9 somethin’ in the morning, and then Ev wanted later to visit his grave and Ev asked the Fluzzie whats on his tombstone….long pause from the fluzzie, and Evelyn sarcastically said ‘’Pepperoni and Cheese’’ J. (this was during the time Tombstone Pizza was doing its firing squad national pizza commercials).

End of tape ©

cuesmith

Verified Member
So many cues Bill! :)

My first cue was a Meucci (probably paid $150 or so for it) and I had just started getting more serious about playing pool. I was entering tournaments and gambling cheap (only playing 8 ball and 9 ball at the time, had not even heard of 1 pocket yet).

I remember being at Beechmont Billiards and got hustled for the first time in my life. Played some guy some 8b for like $5 a game and he let me win a few and then raised the bet. End result, I lose my cue to him and walk out busted, good lesson though - I learned that sometimes people can lay down and act like they play worse than they do, hehe....(for the record that guy was Vince Means for those that know him...)

From there I think my next 2 cues were both Sherm Cues. It was early on in his cue making career and I was a buddy so I think my first one I got cheap for around $300 and I loved it. I cant remember if I sold it or traded it, but I had it for a while. Later on I ended up doing a trade with Sherm to get another cue in exchange for making his website at the time and dont remember what happened to that cue either but I probably sold it when I stopped playing pool for 20 years.

That was about all I played with back then (Sherm, Meucci and maybe a McDermott sneaky pete for a bit) so I dont have much experience with different kinds of cues really.

Fast forward to today, I play with a Schuler (by Noel Mendoza). Noel is the only one authorized to make Schuler Cues any more since Ray passed away. Ray was / Noel is a 3 cushion cue maker in the Chicago area and I did a trade with him also. A cue in exchange for doing his website. It has 2 shafts (one for 3c and one for 1p) and I have been pretty happy with it over all.

Maybe one of these days I can talk Sherm into coming out of retirement and making me a "cincy_kid special" Sherm Cue for old times sake. Gary Spaeth played with a Sherm Cue too so it would kind of be like paying homage to my old friend / hero if I start playing with one again and end up knocking off the Derby one of these years!

(A man can dream right?) :D

OK Chris! You got me. I've been piddling in the shop and have decided to start making some cues again! I want my son Scott to learn the trade also so you may end up with a "Sherm & Son".

Sherm

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
good stuff in here

good stuff in here

...even if it the thread wandered a little.

Thank you Island Drive for the Fats/Evelyn interview!!

Good to hear you might be inspired Sherm!!

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
...even if it the thread wandered a little.

Thank you Island Drive for the Fats/Evelyn interview!!

Good to hear you might be inspired Sherm!!

I thought I'd dig this up for the Beatle. Evelyns body actions spoke loudly of Fattys love of the Rambow.

When we took a break to do the second half of the interview, she took a bunch of meds because of her broken hip, and her mind wandered allot.... was difficult to stay on track. But her tone/voice during the interview was priceless.

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
that was great . thanks.

always enjoyed him in person and his antics as well as having him on tv.
he stole the tv shows whether he was playing someone like mosconi or on the late show and monopolizing the whole show.

it was before my time when he was in new york but some of the guys that were old at the pool rooms knew him back then and he indeed named himself
fats and then double smart and triple smart fats.
he beat everyone when he was younger with his banking and shooting as well for the cash.
everyone seemed to like him expect the good players that were broke and had to watch him always be in action and win the money. and the few that dont like people that talk and boast. he did it without malice though. too bad no one has come along to replace him.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
that was great . thanks.

always enjoyed him in person and his antics as well as having him on tv.
he stole the tv shows whether he was playing someone like mosconi or on the late show and monopolizing the whole show.

it was before my time when he was in new york but some of the guys that were old at the pool rooms knew him back then and he indeed named himself
fats and then double smart and triple smart fats.
he beat everyone when he was younger with his banking and shooting as well for the cash.
everyone seemed to like him expect the good players that were broke and had to watch him always be in action and win the money. and the few that dont like people that talk and boast. he did it without malice though. too bad no one has come along to replace him.

Here's ev.............

Attachments

• Evelyn Nineteen Ninety Six.jpg
    Evelyn Nineteen Ninety Six.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 0

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
OK Chris! You got me. I've been piddling in the shop and have decided to start making some cues again! I want my son Scott to learn the trade also so you may end up with a "Sherm & Son".

Sherm

woo-hoo!!!

Sounds great about Scott learning, I can see him making some good cues - I would be proud to have the first Sherm & Son cue ~

I am ready to come back over for some more 1p whenever you are ready for some more, let me know!