Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCC Live Updates

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If I'm reading this right Fedor Gorst (Russian contingent?) beat Scott Frost.

    Out:

    Skyler Woodward
    Joey Gray
    Roberto Gomez


    One loss:

    Scott Frost
    JJ
    Efren
    Dee Adkins
    Mark Vidal
    Shannon Murphy

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
      Representing for Chicago banking: Ike beats Alex P. in the third round...and also of interest, Cliff just beat Efren in the third round.

      And Doc...Yerry Calderon (aka Jerry) is a very strong, and well known player from Florida - he plays around Ike's speed in One Pocket.

      - Ghost
      Good for Ike! And it's impressive that Cliff took care of Reyes.

      Thanks for the heads-up re Calderon. I figured he must be a heavy hitter...

      ~Doc

      Comment


      • #18
        DCC Live Updates

        Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
        If I'm reading this right Fedor Gorst (Russian contingent?) beat Scott Frost.



        Out:



        Skyler Woodward

        Joey Gray

        Roberto Gomez





        One loss:



        Scott Frost

        JJ

        Efren

        Dee Adkins

        Mark Vidal

        Shannon Murphy


        True on Fedor beating frost. NHJohn watched it and said the kid was firing in some ridiculous banks. No lie the guy looks like he's a 15 year old math major.
        Last edited by Mkbtank; 01-21-2017, 08:31 PM.
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

        Comment


        • #19
          I'll say one thing: most of those Ruskies are fearless. I remember when Stalev was making the rounds. He didn't take no sheet off nobody... I think it's in their culture.

          ~Doc

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
            Good for Ike! And it's impressive that Cliff took care of Reyes.

            Thanks for the heads-up re Calderon. I figured he must be a heavy hitter...

            ~Doc
            Alex Jerry Calderon is based in Houston now, and I've never seen him lose a money match, he double dipped Jerry Jones in the Lone Star one pocket tournament in Houston this year to win it... I might be mistaken, but I think he put Frost in the losers bracket also... I don't know Ike's speed, but if they happen to play, I'll take Jerry for a couple of bucks if it comes up at DCC...

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
              Alex Jerry Calderon is based in Houston now, and I've never seen him lose a money match, he double dipped Jerry Jones in the Lone Star one pocket tournament in Houston this year to win it... I might be mistaken, but I think he put Frost in the losers bracket also... I don't know Ike's speed, but if they happen to play, I'll take Jerry for a couple of bucks if it comes up at DCC...
              just looked him up on utube--yea, he can play......

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                I'll say one thing: most of those Ruskies are fearless. I remember when Stalev was making the rounds. He didn't take no sheet off nobody... I think it's in their culture.

                ~Doc
                yea-- and theyre probably the only ones that can beat efren in chess........

                Comment


                • #23
                  First round one pocket

                  As of 9:15 CST Sunday

                  Mitch won

                  Chris (Cincy) drew Alex P.

                  "Little D" got beat by David McClelland

                  Hacker apparently hasn't played yet

                  Col Bille lost to Jeromy Hanes

                  Dustin hasn't played yet

                  Bernie won

                  I don't recognize any other 1P. org names or surprising losses

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    More round one 1P, etc

                    Steve plays tonight at 11:00

                    Brumback drew Bustamante -- 10:AM Mon

                    Chicago Mike 10:00AM Mon

                    Lou Figueroa drew Jason Klatt - 10:00 AM

                    Ike Runnels still undefeated through 8 rounds of banks, next plays Fedor Gorst 5:30 Mon

                    Jerry Matchin drew Cliff Joyner -- 10:00 AM

                    Hacker plays 10:00 AM

                    Dustin Miller plays at Noon

                    Piggy Banks and Billy Thorpe are up against each other in banks, each undefeated. -- 5:30 Mon (Thorpe made his 1P debut at DCC against Piggy -- at about age 17 I think -- and beat him.)

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      So I looked at that listing. So does this mean that Dennis Hatch, Billy Thorpe, Bustamonte, Larry Nevel, and Warren Kiamco, and Piggy Banks, are all going to round nine with no losses in the bank tournament? Can that be true??!
                      "Born Into This"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                        So I looked at that listing. So does this mean that Dennis Hatch, Billy Thorpe, Bustamonte, Larry Nevel, and Warren Kiamco, and Piggy Banks, are all going to round nine with no losses in the bank tournament? Can that be true??!
                        Yeah, that's the way I read it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          One pocket round two

                          As of 4:15 PM Mon

                          The way I read it, Brumback lost to Busty in Round 1, then Busty got beat in round 2 by someone I never heard of: Shannon Fitch.

                          Brumback won in round two

                          Col Bille drew one of the Russians (Busalev) and lost his second

                          Gorst got beat by Jason Chance

                          Richie Rich got beat by someone I never heard of (John Rawski)

                          Don Steele -- a very friendly 80-year-old and good player who played in the Senior or SS with us lost his first in the second round.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            DCC Live Updates

                            I play Kevin West at 8:00pm for my second round match. Kevin is a regional rotation champ out of the Maryland DC area. Shoots lights out, but I'm hoping his 1p game is not as strong as rotation. We'll see. Looking forward to it!
                            Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Scheduled matches

                              Mitch plays undefeated Kevin West at 8:00

                              Lee Van Corteza is playing in the one pocket. I didn't think he'd played in it before, but if he decides he wants to compete in it, he could become a force.

                              Cory Deuel and Joey Gray play at 6:00 PM... should be a TV match

                              Chicago Mike plays at 10:00 tonight

                              Dennis Hatch still undefeated in the banks... a surprise to me. Same with Warren Kiamco (I get the impression that Kiamco's game has come up a little)

                              Chris (Cincy) plays undefeated Chris King tonight at 8:00

                              Jerry Matchin is playing now... some player with one loss I've never heard of before.

                              Hacker is playing some 1-loss player now

                              Larry Nevel and Dennis Hatch play one pocket tonight at 10:00... could be a good one to watch.

                              Bernie plays Oliver Taylor? at 6:00

                              Shane Winters and John Gabriel, both undefeated, play one pocket tonight at 10:00 -- a close match, I think

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                                As of 4:15 PM Mon

                                The way I read it, Brumback lost to Busty in Round 1, then Busty got beat in round 2 by someone I never heard of: Shannon Fitch.

                                Brumback won in round two

                                Col Bille drew one of the Russians (Busalev) and lost his second

                                Gorst got beat by Jason Chance

                                Richie Rich got beat by someone I never heard of (John Rawski)

                                Don Steele -- a very friendly 80-year-old and good player who played in the Senior or SS with us lost his first in the second round.
                                John...

                                Great win for Shannon - Shannon Fitch is a southern guy, Alabama maybe, I forget - he gots a long dark ponytail - plays all games strong - nice guy - I've played him.

                                Good win for John...John Rawski is one of my homeboys - he's one of our strong players here in Chi....he and I have been playing each other for the last 25 years...he usually travels to the DCC with Larry Schwartz, and is part of the Billy I. Chris Gentile posse.

                                - Ghost
                                jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X